Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Birth control question

My doc put me on Loestrin Fe at my 6 week appt.  When I started taking it I hadn't yet gotten my first post-pregnancy period but in the middle of the first pack I had a few days of spotting.  Since then nothing.  I just finished the 2nd pack.  Anyone else on the pill and not getting a period?  I really don't want to get pregnant for a few years but I'm leery of the IUD.

Re: Birth control question

• I was on this before getting pregnant and after [now]. I didn't and still don't get periods. I asked about it and they said since its such a low hormone pill, your body really isn't doing anything and can possible not get a period.

I bought a bunch of cheap pregnancy tests online and took one every few weeks.

ETA I also do not want an IUD. I'm not comfortable with the idea and I have heard of too many bad experiences. I know anyone can have a bad experience with anything but when they hit close to home, I don't want to venture there!

• I never got a period on Lo Estrin FE
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're breast feeding, that may be affecting your period as well. With DD1, I was on the LO Estrin pill and breast feeding and didn't get a period until she was 11 months. DD2 is 4 months and again I'm breast feeding and on LO Estrin and no period yet.
  • Thanks everyone. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'll probably still take a test every now and then to ease my mind. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"