March 2013 Moms

When to lower the crib

Hello ladies. My little guy just started rolling around and turns all over the place in his crib. Is it time to lower it? I know there's no right or wrong time, I'm just curious if the babies don't like it bc they feel so low. Safety is the number one priority, but he can't sit up or anything yet, just curious what you guys did?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When to lower the crib

• I don't plan on lowering DDs until she starts sitting up so I'm curious to hear what other mamas have done.  She hasn't rolled over yet (so close!) so I think I still have a bit of time.
  • With DS1 we lowered it when he got himself into a sitting position. We just lowered all the way because I didn't see the need to just do it halfway. 
  • Loading the player...
  • There's no need until LO can get themselves in a sitting position. You can always do it once they can sit but I don't see a point before then.

I agree with the pp that said she lowered it all the way down. I didn't with DS and it was such a pain. Lowered at 6 months, then again at 8 months when he could stand, then again a few months later when he got taller. This time I'll go straight to the lowest setting.

• Awesome! Thanks for the advice, my mom has been nagging me to lower it, but I thought wait till they're sitting as well! She can take her unsolicited advice somewhere else!!! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCrequito:
    I don't plan on lowering DDs until she starts sitting up so I'm curious to hear what other mamas have done.nbsp; She hasn't rolled over yet so close! so I think I still have a bit of time.

This!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• We didn't lower the crib mattress with DS1 until he could pull himself to standing which was around 7 months, I think.  

image image
  • I've heard lowering should happen around the time they start pulling themselves up into a standing position so that it's harder for them to climb out. Rolling around, I think. You just don't want them hoisting themselves up over the railing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"