August 2013 Moms

What will you wear?

I am trying to decide what I should wear during labor. Lately I pretty much want nothing touching my belly (probably just because of the heat) so I was thinking of wearing a nursing bra plus shorts. Now I am wondering if shorts would be a bad idea and if I should just stick with the hospital gown. They obviously have air conditioning there so its not like I will be dying of heat. What are you ladies doing?
image   image

Re: What will you wear?

• I'm just gonna wear the hospital gown.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm just doing the hospital gown. I hear it's messy and they will be checking you for dialation so shorts seem like a horrific idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hospital gown
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At home, I wore my clothes - yoga pants and a t-shirt, I think.

At the hospital, I changed into the gown. I arrived 10 cm dilated and ready to push, though.

I delivered naked. The gown was a pain in the arse, so it went away at some point. I think there was a sheet involved? I just so did not care. 

Shorts won't work at the end. Wink I'd get some kind of skirt if you want to bleed on your own clothes. 

• I'm planning a home birth and have a couple comfortable maternity tanks that I will probably wear, with my underwear. Or a pair of depends, if my water has already broken. Stick out tongue If I get in the labor tub, I'll just wear a black sports bra, probably.
  • Hospital gown for sure, no reason to get clothing all disgusting. I will bring comfy clothes for after delivery though, I don't want to sit around in those fugly gowns, especially when family comes to visit and takes pictures.

• Hospital gown. Anything else is unnecessary.
    imageimageimageimage

• I bought a pretty pushers gown tried it on and now I can't wait to give birth in it :
  • Hospital gown during labor/delivery. my hospital lets patients control the temp to their rooms so I'm sure I will have it ultra cold. Afterwards just a nursing night gown and robe for when people come to visit.
  • imageamarissa85:
    Hospital gown. Anything else is unnecessary.

team hospital gown here. I'm getting my money's worth.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • I'm bringing clothes to wear for after the baby is born, but for labor I will be in the hospital gown. At my hospital you have individual temp control in your birthing suite so I'm not really concerned about being too hot or too cold. 

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Honestly, probably just my nursing bra. When I used to get period cramps really bad I'd pretty much be naked because I was sweating so profusely from being in pain. I feel "trapped" when I have clothes on and I'm in pain.

• During early labor at home, probably a sports/nursing bra and pair of boy short underwear. I imagine once we get to the birthing center and I'm in active labor the boy shorts will come off and maybe even the bra. I'm usually pretty modest, but since I've been pregnant I can't wear much more than my underwear around the house (especially in the heat)!

Once baby arrives, I'll likely rock the lovely mesh underwear and just stay under the covers and wear a nursing bra/tank and robe. It won't bother me for the few very close/select friends we invite to visit us at the birthing center to see me in a robe/bra.

• Last time I wore the gown and got so hot I ended up not wearing anything.

ETA: A/C was no match for the transition phase of labor.
  • Hospital gown. I too delivered in the nude because I was too got and the gown was in the way. This time around I plan to be wearing a sports bra and hospital gown.
  • Hospital gown for me, I don't want to ruin anything, and I don't see the point in wearing shorts, I don't want to worry about taking them on and off to get checked.

• Hospital gown.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• I wore a hospital gown with my first, and that's what I'll do this time also.  I think shorts would get in the way. The nurses come in and check you and wearing shorts really would be a pain to take off when they come in... Just my opinion 
  • Shorts? I am not sure even how that would work logistically!

Hospital gown here. I have heard mixed reviews on bras. A nurse who did our class said, take it off, we want to get the baby skin to skin asap. If you have to wear one make sure it is a nursing bra. I also had a friend who said they cut hers off. If you have an IV, you can't get it off once they put your IV in.  

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hospital gown...i'm also bringing a sports bra for the bathtub. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • I'll be wearing a gown with the opening forward (at least by the time I start pushing) so I can immediately do skin to skin with LO and initiate breastfeeding. I'll have a robe I'm bringing from home if I want--if I end up laboring much there (with DD I did all laboring at home pretty much). I wish I could say it was worth it to get a cute gown, but it really isn't for me at least. I don't feel a bra is necessary, but then, perhaps if I was at hospital for a while laboring I would, but I'd for sure take it off for pushing.

• Hospital gown only and made the mistake of keeping my nursing tank on the first time I had my dd.  Right after dd was born they immediately put her on my chest and my tank had gotten amniotic fluid, blood and whatnot on it.  To keep it simple, gown until after complete delivery then I will put a nursing top on underneath to be more discreet when ppl come to visit.
  • I'm planning on a hospital gown and then for afterwards some old athletic shorts and a tshirt.
  • Sports bra bought at target on sale and a pair of loose cotton shorts stolen from husband's skinny clothes drawer both willing to toss :
    ~~~Our first little one is due on Aug. 20th 2013~~~
  • Hospital gown and ill have yoga capris and a tshirt to change into when I'm ready to change. Ill use the mesh underwear and hospital gown while I'm recovering.
  • Hospital Gown.

• imageRooster&Memphis:
    imageamarissa85:
    Hospital gown. Anything else is unnecessary.

team hospital gown here. I'm getting my money's worth.

Lol. I agree.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Hospital gown once I'm there. Last time my water broke so I was wearing really big sweats stuffed with a towel, a large t-shirt (don't even think I put a bra on), and a towel around my waist. It was cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Hospital gown
  • Hospital gown. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wore a sports bra and hospital gown during labor and for about a day after delivery.  No need to wear anything else and it took a good 24 hours before I was mobile enough to change.  I plan to do the same this time...

Honestly, the gown had been washed so many times it was really soft and pretty comfortable. 

• Hospital gown plus a sports bra, it makes me more comfortable and I'm not a busty woman I just like them contained. It worked out perfect last time. I just used a cheap black one it was great for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagebendicott7:
    I'm just gonna wear the hospital gown.

This.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Ive been in the hospital gown and robe. Just more comfy and then im not worried about my stuff getting ruined. But i did loose a pair of my grannie pannies to my bloody show. So dont wear anything your particularly fond of
  • If they will let me a bra and the hospital gown. I am horribly insecure about how my chest looks without a bra on.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"