December 2010 Moms

Saying "yes"

So do any of your kiddos say "yes"?

A knows "no", has known and uses the "no" appropriately for a long time. Now J also seems to know the word "no" as well.....  However I never hear A say "yes", if we offer something that we know he wants or an activity to do that he would be agreeable he never says "yes", he just repeats what we say.

I ask him to repeat "yes" from time to time and he can say the word and even does the ASL sign for it even though he isn't signing as much as he used to....but he doesn't use it in regular talking.  Weird? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Saying "yes"

• O says it but not very often. I think that is because he is still avoiding the "s" sound. He does say "uh huh" or "yeah" regularly though. So, I suppose he is saying "yes", just in a different way. 

imageimage
  • G uses it pretty often but he prefers no. Ha ha
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Nate says "okay" instead of yes, or sometimes "yeah". 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would just keep encouraging him to say yes. For the longest time Jack would say "more" when he meant to say "yes". Another kid in our play group did the same thing, it was strange! I let it go for a while hoping he'd pick up yes on his own, but just before he turned 2 I started saying "Do you mean yes?" And he would repeat yes! It took a few days, but he caught on.

Now he says yes, sure, maybe, mhmm, etc.
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • imageCheekers2010:
    G uses it pretty often but he prefers no. Ha ha

This.  She will occasionally say 'okay'

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Yes, he uses it regularly, the same as he uses "no".

I don't think it's weird that he doesn't say it, though. He prob just has other ways of getting his point across.

Maybe when you ask him something, form the question in a way that encourages a "yes" response, or just keep making him actually say "yes" before you give him something. That's what we did to teach him to say please & thank you, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lrn327lrn327 member
    He does, but it's pretty recent and DH and I both remarked how happy MIL would finally be!  Until now, he's always said "yeah" and that drives her nuts, lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • J says "yes" or "yes ma'am" most of the time now.  He used to only say "yeah" but I don't know when he switched.

• She says yes mostly when she is arguing with me. But she also says it frequently when I offer her something she wants.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • imagepitterpatter129:
    Nate says "okay" instead of yes, or sometimes "yeah".nbsp; nbsp;

Exactly this for Ava, too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards