Stay at Home Moms

Name the new royal

So what will his name be?

Re: Name the new royal

• I think Alexander.
  • Going to guess Edward.

• Loading the player...
  • I was expecting Charlotte Diana...so I don't know now!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Personally, I'm partial to William Stick out tongue and it's not like if they name their son that it'll get any more popular in my state (William is #1 in these parts). I'm thinking Edward or Henry.

I doubt they'll name him Charles. It seems like there is still some bad blood between those two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• imageamy052006:
    It will never happen, but LOL if they troll us all and throw something ridiculous in there like Louis Alfred Charles Jayden William Windsor Wales.
    Kate is bumping from her maternity ward. Lol she is the ultimate SAHM.
  • I am partial to Edward it is DS middle name.
  • Tyler LOL   or TYLERRRRR as that wacky woman said who hated the name claiming it was low class
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • As long as it's not Philip, I'm cool. I love Edward Spencer James Mountbatten-Windsor.
  • I'm guessing Edward as well.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • meglewmeglew member
    I will guess James William.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • imageKateMW:
    As long as it's not Philip, I'm cool. I love Edward Spencer James MountbattenWindsor.

I'm thinking it will be Philip. And did you announce what the middle name will be yet?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JCMJCM member
    Queen Elizabeth's real last name is Regina.  That is why you see ER on things such as the royal mail boxes around England.  It will be interesting to see what they name their son.  I believe Prince Charles name was not released for a month when he was born and William's was something like a week before it was released to the public.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmm odds on it being James Alexander? thats my DS name and he will be a whopping 9 weeks older. Though the twins were due July 17 
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    imageKateMW:
    As long as it's not Philip, I'm cool. I love Edward Spencer James MountbattenWindsor.
    I'm thinking it will be Philip. And did you announce what the middle name will be yet?!
    I haven't! They won't copy that one. Smile
  • ta78ta78 member

I was thinking something like Edward William Spencer Mountbatten-Windsor.

I also like that Mountbatten-Windsor was spell checked for me.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• imageJCM:
    Queen Elizabeth's real last name is Regina. nbsp;That is why you see ER on things such as the royal mail boxes around England. nbsp;It will be interesting to see what they name their son. nbsp;I believe Prince Charles name was not released for a month when he was born and William's was something like a week before it was released to the public.

It's her title. It just means queen. It's like signing Queen Elizabeth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope they name him Spencer, but I doubt it. 
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• I think it is absurd that they announced when she went into labor but did not announce the name. That said, my money would be on Edward.
  • imageJCM:
    Queen Elizabeth's real last name is Regina.  That is why you see ER on things such as the royal mail boxes around England.  It will be interesting to see what they name their son.  I believe Prince Charles name was not released for a month when he was born and William's was something like a week before it was released to the public.

What? No it's not. She's a Windsor. Regina just means "reigning queen."

• I know he'll have 2 or 3 middle names. I'm sure William will be one of them.
  • imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageJCM:

I heard Regina is Latin for Queen

eta:  haha Hizzo - I didn't even see your comment.  I meant to just quote JCM. 

LOL. Well, I didn't see Jorish's comment before I typed mine, so I guess we're on a roll. 

• JCMJCM member
    imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageJCM:

LOL. Well, I didn't see Jorish's comment before I typed mine, so I guess we're on a roll. 

I know but I quoted you!!  lol

She does use that as her last name.  Even though it does mean queen in latin.  The royal family adopted Windsor in 1917 because the last name they had they felt sounded to German.  They chose the name Windsor because the family was from House of Windsor.

• I would be totally shocked if it was Edward.  Look into the history- of Edward VIII- the Queen's uncle.

I am saying it will be George- not Phillip since Prince Phillip is still alive and is not the monarch.

• I love George and Henry, but I'd really like to see a Prince Kayden Jude or something awesome like that.
  • imageJCM:
    imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageJCM:

She does use that as her last name.  Even though it does mean queen in latin.  The royal family adopted Windsor in 1917 because the last name they had they felt sounded to German.  They chose the name Windsor because the family was from House of Windsor.

Yes, I'm aware of the history of the name "Windsor." "House of Windsor" is essentially "the family of Windsor." But "Regina" is just a title, not a last name. That's like saying Barack Obama's "real" first name is "President."

Basically it's "Elizabeth II, Reigning Queen." If she were to abdicate tomorrow, she wouldn't be allowed to use that title any longer, does that make sense? But she will always be Elizabeth of Windsor.

• imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageJCM:
    imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imagecjcouple:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageJCM:

Yes, I'm aware of the history of the name "Windsor." "House of Windsor" is essentially "the family of Windsor." But "Regina" is just a title, not a last name. That's like saying Barack Obama's "real" first name is "President."

Basically it's "Elizabeth II, Reigning Queen." If she were to abdicate tomorrow, she wouldn't be allowed to use that title any longer, does that make sense? But she will always be Elizabeth of Windsor.

First, there is already talk of pressure for her to abdicate. Poor lady, gets a great-grandson one day, booted out the next. LOL

Second, our governor's legal name is Doctor Robert Bentley. He changed it to Doctor...he was a pediatrician before he ran for office. I mean, how stupid is that? We refer to him as Doctor Governor Governor Doctor usually. Or DGGD in writing. He's a real db.

• Saw some royal experts on Today and they both predicted Philip as a middle name, one said George as a first name and the other Charles. I wish they would hurry up and tell us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"