August 2013 Moms

For the other little princes coming in the next few weeks

Hey, mamas of Team Blue! I know it's speculative at this point, but would you be worried or excited if it turns out your LO shares the name of the new royal baby?

Our LO's name is going to be Alexander, and according to the betting statistics in Britain, the front-runner name for a girl was Alexandra.

Part of me would think it's neat to share a name with the little prince, and part of me would get sick of telling people "No, we didn't name him after William and Kate's baby."

Your thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For the other little princes coming in the next few weeks

• imageayanahazel1:

according to the betting statistics in Britain, the front-runner name for a girl was Alexandra.

Can just say I am relieved it is a boy!!!

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• DH and I JUST discussed this earlier today in case it was a girl. We haven't told anyone the name yet, so no one would know! After briefly considering telling someone before the royal baby was announced, we decided, eh, anyone who would think we'd change/pick a name so late in the game because of the royal baby really doesn't know us. Still would've prob. annoyed me though.

• Loading the player...
  • I would be annoyed of people asking me if we named him after William and Kate's baby like you said.  I highly doubt they will name their son the name we picked though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm not worried. I'm pretty sure our name isn't in the running.
    imageimage

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • KMck27KMck27 member
    We are naming him Patrick after his dad and grandpop.  At first I think it would be cute but like OP said it would total suck having to repeat that no, you had the name in mind before the "Royal baby" arrived.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I actually haven't given this much thought cause I was sure she was having a girl. 

I am not too worried though cause the names we like are definitely not names they will choose for their prince. 

But yes that would stink having to explain to others that no, you didn't name your child after the future king of England...lol.

*E - 08/29/2013*

• I am still in need of a name, so I might be stealing theirs!
  • imagehenderson1026:
    imageayanahazel1:

according to the betting statistics in Britain, the front-runner name for a girl was Alexandra.

Can just say I am relieved it is a boy!!!

Me too! I read if she had been a girl, there would be a good chance her name might be Catherine like her mother (which I find odd, but whatever). Glad I avoided years of "did you name her after Princess Catherine?" Hopefully, I don't still get that from people thinking she's named after the Duchess! :)

image"">imageimageimage"">image"

• imageNewQueen:
    I'm not worried. I'm pretty sure our name isn't in the running.

This. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can honestly say it would annoy me to constantly repeat that we did NOT name our son after the royal baby...but the chances of them picking the name that we've chosen for our son is very very slim. Thank goodness. lol
    Anniversary 
    BabyFetus Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't see them going with Kayden... at least I hope not. 
  • I sure as heck hope they don't! She delivered at St. Mary's Hospital in London and I will deliver at St. Mary's Hospital in MD, so if they name their baby Wesley I'll be a little freaked out!
  • I mean, it's a name. Plenty of people will have that same name.

It's really NBD to me.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTheusualmischief:
    Haha, I just sent my DH an email saying they better not steal our name!  So I'm happy we did tell our parents the name before this.  But while Harlan is technically an English name by heritage, I highly doubt that would end up being his name.  

I love the name Harlan! That was our boy pick. 

Anniversary

• I like the name Alexander, but DH vetoed it. If they do name him Alexander, it's definitely out of the running.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I texted my friends ad said the duchess better not steal our name.. However we don't even have a definite name just a list and I highly doubt any of them are on the royal baby list.
  • I doubt she will take my lo's name because it is more Scottish not English.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• I imagine that whatever name they pick will become very popular in the next year. The Today show said their top boy names were George, William and Charles.
  • Hoping they don't go with the name we want. I have no issue with them being the same but we have had our name for awhile and I don't want everyone asking if we named it after their LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"