April 2013 Moms

FYI: Board Changes

Tomorrow night, TB is going to be re-implementing the changes that you got a preview of a few weeks ago (week ago? I forget when.) They've troubleshooted everything they could based on the failed roll out and hopefully things will be much better. Please be patient! Its a huge undertaking and it'll be great in the end.

To those who bump in the middle of the night, apologies in advance!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: FYI: Board Changes

• Hope so. Well be nice to have a few changes around here. :) 
  • Ha. I'll believe it when it actually happens and works.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageKrisM86:
    Ha. I'll believe it when it actually happens and works.

And the bump doesn't die for a day or longer. ;

• imageKrisM86:
    Ha. I'll believe it when it actually happens and works.

And the bump doesn't die for a day or longer. ;

• Go bump Go!

I worked for target and now Target.com through the biggest site conversion in North America (when we migrated from Amazon's platform to our own), and 2 years later it STILL isn't' right.  you have my sympathies.  And I, for one, will not complain!  Good luck and put on the coffee!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member

imageJSS1002:
    Go bump Go!

I worked for target and now Target.com through the biggest site conversion in North America (when we migrated from Amazon's platform to our own), and 2 years later it STILL isn't' right.  you have my sympathies.  And I, for one, will not complain!  Good luck and put on the coffee!

Target's website does still suck. But we won't blame you. :). And everyone still loves Target, so I guess having a crappy website is forgivable!  

• imageKate_C:

imageJSS1002:
    Go bump Go!

Target's website does still suck. But we won't blame you. :). And everyone still loves Target, so I guess having a crappy website is forgivable!  

It actually ISN'T okay, at all, but we are working very very hard to fix it... thank you for saying that.  It is frustrating!!  But the magnitude of the project was also way bigger than people realize.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said:
    imageKate_C:

imageJSS1002:
    Go bump Go!

It actually ISN'T okay, at all, but we are working very very hard to fix it... thank you for saying that.  It is frustrating!!  But the magnitude of the project was also way bigger than people realize.

So that's why it sometimes freaks out when you open too many tabs of Disney movies in a row...
    So far, TB looks good!
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been trying to post a new thread all night and it wont let me! Anyone else having trouble?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • None of my posts or threads are showing up!??
  • Just posting here to see if it will let me post, bc I can't on the main forum as I'm sure everyone else can't either... WTH bump!?!!!?
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow!! These are some significant changes, kind of bittersweet! I've been using TK and TN for years, it's so different!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My ticker isn't working... is there a special way to make it show?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You may want to just make a new one. I just started over with my siggy.
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did that too, but my ticker won't show... I even made a new one and copied the code right from TB, and it's showing all funky. Weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You have to click on the little white box with the opposing red arrows before you paste your ticker code.  Then it should work.  took me like 2 hours to figure that out.  Time well spent...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lol, got it! I read your instructions in the previous post... whoop! Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh I like the changes. 
  • JSS1002 said:
    You have to click on the little white box with the opposing red arrows before you paste your ticker code.  Then it should work.  took me like 2 hours to figure that out.  Time well spent...
    You seem to be the master at the new signature settings...I must be a complete idiot because I can't figure it out. I am in the right place (preferences-signature settings), I click the red arrow button before I paste the ticker code that I generate from a new window and it still looks like this? Can you help me?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @teddidan Emma is ADORABLE!!!

Thank you!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • just posting to see if my ticker is working
  • obviously not LOL :(
  • I always bump mobile an don't know what a "ticker" is or a "siggy" do I have to worry about that?
  • chgibeau said:

Sol1790 said:

I always bump mobile an don't know what a "ticker" is or a "siggy" do I have to worry about that?
    You can only see them on the computer. You don't have to have one. I'm assuming you don't know what the terms mean so sorry if you do.  Siggy is a signature... so a picture of LO or notes about your TTC journey. A ticker is a like a gif that records how many days to something (like a clock ticking away). So in mine, it states how old DS is. They can be for pregnancy or birthdays or anniversarys.

You are awesome!! Thanks so much! I needed that explanation!
  • JSS1002 said:
    You have to click on the little white box with the opposing red arrows before you paste your ticker code.  Then it should work.  took me like 2 hours to figure that out.  Time well spent...
    You seem to be the master at the new signature settings...I must be a complete idiot because I can't figure it out. I am in the right place (preferences-signature settings), I click the red arrow button before I paste the ticker code that I generate from a new window and it still looks like this? Can you help me?
    Try pasting it and THEN clicking the arrow thingy... I'm not really the master, that is just worked for me, so I'm not sure if this will be much help!  Sorry!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • love4blove4b member
    This could be an absolutely inane question, but how do you separate a post into paragraphs? I'm on an iPad and when I type the post, I can hit return where I want a new paragraph and it looks like it's gonna be separate paragraphs, but when I post it, it's just one long chunk of words... It wasn't like that in the old version. Any ideas?

• This could be an absolutely inane question, but how do you separate a post into paragraphs?

I'm on an iPad and when I type the post, I can hit return where I want a new paragraph and it looks like it's gonna be separate paragraphs, but when I post it, it's just one long chunk of words... It wasn't like that in the old version.

Any ideas?

The same thing happens to me!! I also get confused with quotes! :/ glad I'm not the only one!

• Wait? Why did my post show up in paragraphs when Jorleny quoted it, but not when I posted it? 

Really confused.

• I'm thinking it's an ipad thing. I'm on a macbook air now and 

paragraphs seem

to be working...

• I'm thinking it's an ipad thing. I'm on a macbook air now and 

paragraphs seem

to be working...

I only use my iPad and iPhone since it's the only thing that it's portable for, because I'm always on the go. So paragraphs may never work for me then :/
  • edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I still can't get my siggy to work!  And I don't see any arrow button on the right side :((
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @coffeemonster19 when you are responding to this post, look directly above the box you're typing in -- you'll see (to the right of the clipboard icon), an icon that looks like a rectangle with <> in red. That's the button I'm talking about!

I don't want you to be 56 weeks pregnant either, that makes my uterus hurt.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • just testing to see if my new sig works!
    imageimageimage
  • JSS1002 said:
    @coffeemonster19 when you are responding to this post, look directly above the box you're typing in -- you'll see (to the right of the clipboard icon), an icon that looks like a rectangle with <> in red. That's the button I'm talking about!

I don't want you to be 56 weeks pregnant either, that makes my uterus hurt.

@jss1002 ok I see that arrow thingy above the reply box, but not where I edit my sig because I usually go to "my bump"-->edit my avatar & sig. Is that not how you're getting there? I think I missed the day OSC went over this with the update and now I feel like a noob.
    Ahhh never mind I think I found it! Thanks lady!
    Glad you found it!  Sorry that was confusing - I was just trying to show you what the box looked like and wasn't sure how to most easily point it out to you. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I still haven't figured it out.....ugh...oh well
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can we upload videos on TB (sorry might sound like a stupid question) I apologize!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"