August 2012 Moms

what did I just do

I just invited my friends over for dinner tonight.  My house is a mess and I have no clue what to cook.

We just at hamburgers and hot dogs so those are out.

Give me some good ideas for dinner tonight.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what did I just do

• Marinade some chicken, throw it on thegrill with ssome corn in tin foil, and zucchini. Or do something in the crock pot while you are cleaning.

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Italian or tacos are easy for company.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Loading the player...
  • Tacos with chips and salsa.

Problem solved!

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• MoFreeMoFree member
    You can poach chicken pieces and then make a salad as simple or as complex as you wish and what's in your fridge and pantry.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Delivery!
  • A small gathering is great for a make your own gourmet pizza station. We get the small ready crust or packs of naan bread, throw ingredients in pretty bowls and preheat the oven. Voila!

• Kebabs on the grill are easy!  Cut up some steak or pork tenderloin and add chopped peppers, onions, and zucchini.  Rice or quinoa make good side dishes.
  • imageLiliDragon:
    I vote grilled chicken. Throw it in a bag and toss with marinade 30 mins before grilling. I like to squeeze a lemon into a small bowl, mix in a few tbsp olive oil, zest the lemon into the bowl and add any chopped herb you have on hand [rosemary or thyme are best IMO]. Grilled peppers, zucchini and red onion [toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder] and a potato salad [boiled mini potato again tossed with olive oil, s and p, garlic powder and chopped chives] Italians eat these potatoes cold, so you can boil them up early and let them marinate. If you don't want to do that, grilled italian sausage is easypeasy. ETA clarity. ETA 2: as for cleaning your house, focus on the kitchen and bathroom and shove everything else in a room no one will be entering!

This! I always tell people I value good food over a spotless home :) Plus, I clean up after B and 2 minutes later it's a disaster.  

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Thanks for your suggestions ladies! This baby in my belly decided that grilled chicken and veggies sounded delicious! As for the cleaning I'm not to worried about it....I'll get what I can done.

Lukily DH will be home in about 15 min to help me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"