February 2012 Moms

Throwing food

How do I get DS to stop throwing everything??? He knows its wrong he say uhh oh when he does it!

Re: Throwing food

• We are having the same problem.  We take her food away for a few minutes when she does it, but so far that isn't having much of an impact.  Fingers crossed it's a short phase!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• jk382jk382 member

imageMollySm:
    We are having the same problem.  We take her food away for a few minutes when she does it, but so far that isn't having much of an impact.  Fingers crossed it's a short phase!!

We do this as well, but it hasn't really had any effect.  Hopefully it is just a phase! 

• Loading the player...
  • hahaha .. sounds like my son .. he says ooopsie when he throws stuff and I tell him it's not ooopsie if you're doing it on purpose .. of course, he doesn't know what that means yet .. lol .. maybe just pay closer attention and cut him off before hand .. if I don't pay attention to my son, when he's done eating and wants out of the high chair, he'll start throwing his food on the floor .. so that I'll notice and start taking care of him .. do you have a dog? if not, get one .. they help out with the food on the floor! ;) lol .. jk .. 
    image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • imageMollySm:
    We are having the same problem.  We take her food away for a few minutes when she does it, but so far that isn't having much of an impact.  Fingers crossed it's a short phase!!

This is exactly what I do too, but my DS does not seem to get that throwing food = having your tray taken away. He will just lay on the floor and scream because he is hungry, but then when I try to feed him, he throws everything. It's very frustrating to feed him, and meal times are incredibly stressful. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"