November 2012 Moms

GTKY: Locations!

There's a lot of newbs and my mind could use a refresher course on some of our oldies, but goodies.

Where are you from?

What's your favorite thing about where you live?

What's your least favorite thing about where you live?

What is the weather like there today?

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Locations!

• imagerachael_c26:

There's a lot of newbs and my mind could use a refresher course on some of our oldies, but goodies.

Where are you from? Well I'm from New Hampshire but live outside of Denver, CO now

What's your favorite thing about where you live? Everything is very close, well except the mountains

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? No ocean, I'm such a beach lover

What is the weather like there today? It's supposed to be in the 90s, yuck! 

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: I live in Littleton, which is where Columbine high school is. 

• Where are you from?  I'm not from here, but I live in a suburb of Denver, Colorado.

What's your favorite thing about where you live?  The mountains and the nature.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live?  The people.

What is the weather like there today?  Hot and sunny.  High in the 90s.

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here:  Though people usually think "snow" or "skiing" when they think of Colorado, there are something like 300+ sunny days every year in our state :-)

• Loading the player...
  • imagerachael_c26:

Where are you from?

Massachusetts, northeastern close to the NH border

The Fall, orchards, beaches, and living in such a historical area is pretty cool :)

The roads...twisty, turny, hilly, crap roads. Very easy to get lost. 

Sunny, around 83F. Last week was a heat wave that I am glad is over. 

Like I said above, I really like living in such an important place in terms of US History. The architecture is beautiful :)  

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm FROM Kingston, Ontario but live just outside Toronto.

Fav thing... Close to home, close to Toronto, lots of stuff to see and do.

Least fav thing... Busy driving into Toronto, unless it's 3am.

Weather is warm, 80 to 85 degrees.

Random: there are several zoos within an hour drive.
    Aaaaand...since I moved a bit farther away, my job will be 2 hours away when I return to work. :
  •  

Where are you from? DFW area, TX. Born, raised, stayed.

What's your favorite thing about where you live? Small town feel with big city atmosphere. It's a college town so there's a lot of "life" around here.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? Construction and heat.

What is the weather like there today? High 80s-low 90s. This is actually nice around here. It's usually Hot As Balls with a chance of Humidity.

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: We're referred to as Little D and Norah Jones graduated from one of our local colleges.

•  Where are you from? Chicago

What's your favorite thing about where you live? There is always something to do, the food is amazing, the city is beautiful, the people are friendly.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? Traffic

What is the weather like there today? Last time I checked sunny and on the hot side (mid 80's)

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: Chicago is often referred as the Second City and most people assume it is a NYC reference, but really it is because most of the city burned down and they got to rebuild it.

• From MI, live in MI.

Fave thing- all the lakes and Up North!!!

Least fave- hmm...Detroit. The bad parts. Downtown is actually quite beautiful.

Weather today is sunny and breezy.

Random- We are called the "Wolverine State"...wolverines don't actually live here anymore. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Where are you from? I am originally from the Southern Oregon Coast. I now live in Phoenix, AZ.

What's your favorite thing about where you live? The only thing I really like about Phoenix is the weather in the winter.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? The HEAT!

What is the weather like there today? I think we will only hit 100 today, so it is pretty cool for the summer. Yes, your mind gets way warped living here.

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: I can't think of anything really interesting about Phoenix. The only kinda cool thing is that everyone you meet is from somewhere else (very few people are actually from here), so it is a fun topic to discuss where you are from and how you ended up here.

• zmosszmoss member

Where are you from?
    I'm from a small inland town called Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico. I currently live in Tubac (45 miles south of Tucson AZ)

Its a good 5-8 degrees cooler than Tucson a way greener.

Its mostly 50+ residents and most are mean to me. 

Overcast and humid (it is monsoon season).

Was an old artist/hippie retreat with lots of open galleries. Will Rodgers is buried here. 

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • zmosszmoss member
    imagekiraliz2:

Where are you from? I'm from Austin but live in San Antonio

What's your favorite thing about where you live? I love living in a big city. So much to do. And also, it's like the most casual place EVER.

the drivers

What is the weather like there today? warm and humid

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: The Alamo is here. It's part of a set of Spanish missions, and in my opinion is the worst of all of them. The other are so gorgeous! They have a trail that connects them (from downtown all the way to the south end of town) and you can bike it in a morning. It's awesome.

One of my dissertation chapters was going to be on the MX exhibits at HemisFair 68' so I LOVE San Antonio and all things related to the Fair. 

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Where are you from?  :: Northern Ky, moved to PA then back.

What's your favorite thing about where you live? ::It's beautiful, and the people are friendly.

::While I LOVE the country I wish we had better stores closer. Walmart doesn't meet all m needs, plus it's still at least 30-45mins away.

What is the weather like there today? :: mid 70s and rainy.

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here:  :: I live close to the country music highway.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Where are you from? Originally from northern Indiana, but moved to MKE, WI

What's your favorite thing about where you live? The lake and the parks. The lakefront area has so many parks with a lot to do.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? Living in the city....

What is the weather like there today? Hot and humid, but not toooo bad. Not like last week!

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: It's where Miller brewery is housed and we have summer fest which is the largest music festival in the world.

•  

Where are you from?

Grand Junction, Co 4 hours west of Denver 

It's gorgeous and so close to so many fun things.

I like and dislike the small town feel all at the same time.  

HOT 92 at 1pm and only going to get hotter 

I think someone else said this but it's so true of Colo, everyone thinks cold and mountains and skiing. Well in GJ we are super close to Utah and its hot and dry and desert. We really don't get much snow at all during the winter. 

• Where are you from?  Timber Lake, South Dakota

What's your favorite thing about where you live?  The People/Community is amazing.  Everyone is always willing to help when someone is in need.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live?  So far from everywhere!  125 miles to a Walmart

What is the weather like there today?  Beautiful sunny 80 degrees

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here:  Its on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reseravation

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerachael_c26:

Where are you from? From North Fort Worth area but live in San Antonio

What's your favorite thing about where you live? How laid back San Antonio is

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? The traffic

What is the weather like there today? 92 and partly cloudy

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: You can't find better Mexican food than right here.

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• tngrl3tngrl3 member

Born in NC, but have lived in Northeast TN most of my life and that's where I currently am.

My favorite thing is being in the mountains.  

My least favorite thing is probably being several hours way from my best friends.

The weather is hot, humid, and cloudy today.

Um something random......I live near the oldest town in TN, a Nascar track, and part of the Appalachian trail.  

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • From and currently live in Chicago suburbs. 

I love having four distinct seasons.  The winters can get pretty cold, but I absolutely love having snow in the winter!

My least favorite thing is the higher cost of living.  (not as high as some places I've visited to though)

The weather is sunny and mid 80s.

• Where are you from?

From Casper, Wy, but living in Monterey, Ca.

Just moved here so still getting to know the area. But there seems lots to do.

Umm, I guess the weather. It can be super foggy and cloudy a lot, and it has raine since we have been here since mid June.

Partly cloudy, mid 60's.

There is an aquarium here. Hope to take DS soon, and I'm thinking about getting a membership.
  • Have been in Cali since 1992, world traveler before that

The friends and "family" I have

I have wanderlust... and I want to move to the sierras.. of and Cali is so freaking expensive!

Overcast/muggy

ummmmmmmmi think our public transportation system is quite good?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• OOOHHH wait I remember Jim Morrision went to he HS I graduated from.. I think he was here like a month.. but all the yearbooks with him were stolen from the library... and there was a rumor Dr. Suess lived here but I think that was not true....

(I am in the Bay area... I saw someone was moving here... and to the person in Monterey the membership would be awesome to get!!!)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• kbl13kbl13 member

Where are you from?

I'm originally from Ohio, but live in Wichita, KS

It doesn't snow nearly as much as I'm used to

It's a little too far away from my fam... but I would never admit that to my parents

Rain/thunderstorms

We have an awesome zoo and tons of other family-friendly places that I'm sure B will love as he grows up.

• imagekbl13:
    Where are you from?I'm originally from Ohio, but live in Wichita, KSWhat's your favorite thing about where you live?nbsp;It doesn't snow nearly as much as I'm used toWhat's your least favorite thing about where you live?It's a little too far away from my fam... but I would never admit that to my parentsWhat is the weather like there today?Rain/thunderstormsSomething random, but relevant about where you live goes here:We have an awesome zoo and tons of other familyfriendly places that I'm sure B will love as he grows up.
    I'm from Wichita, and the main thing I miss is the Sedgwick County Zoo! Our zoo here in Tucson is SO tiny! Every time I go back to visit I go to the zoo. I can't wait until I can take DS there.
  • imagerachael_c26:

Where are you from?

WI

Beer, lakes, lakes of beer; I've lived a lot of places, but WI is always home. 

Scott Walker 

Warm and humid. 

Where I live now was the birth place of Joseph McCarthy, I think.  Not my house, obvs, but the city. 

image   My chart 

• Where are you from? Northern Vermont

What's your favorite thing about where you live? The seasons and downtown.  There's so much to do.

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? Winter!  It's the only season I could do without.

What is the weather like there today? Lower 80s and rainy.  Good day to be working.

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: Vermont was the first state to legalize same-sex marriage.

• imagerachael_c26:

Where are you from?  grew up in central MN, live in southern MN

What's your favorite thing about where you live? how quite it is and the small town atmosphere

What's your least favorite thing about where you live? inconvenient to go anywhere! 20 minutes from grocery store, over an hour from a mall

What is the weather like there today? around 70, very low humidity, cloudy, and chance of rain

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here: martin county produces the most hogs in the midwest

• imagelanea8712:

Where are you from?  :: Northern Ky, moved to PA then back.

WOW! we are totes neighbors! Stick out tongue

Totally! :) it's about 4 hrs for me to get to Cincinnati - hoping to go this fall to the zoo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am from small town Iowa.
    I love the small town atmosphere. I love the closeness.
    The downfall is the highways in the winter but only sometimes.
    The weather is almost perfect. K and I will be going for a walk.
    Childreb of the Corn was filmed here.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• apegg23apegg23 member
    edited July 2013

Where are you from?
    Overland Park, KS (Close to Kansas City MO)

Nice area, good schools.

Kinda expensive

Sunny and nice, high of 85

We have the only two Whole Foods close to our area

• I am from San Antonio, TX but we now live on the CO/WY border :)

I love the summer, its nice and breezy but still hot! I also really like the farmers markets every season. 

I really hate the snow

It is nice today, a little overcast and breezy. 

Air conditioners are hard to come by, sadly. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • There's a lot of newbs and my mind could use a refresher course on some of our oldies, but goodies.

Where are you from? Indianapolis

What's your favorite thing about where you live? Low cost of living.

What's your leashing about where you live? Bible Belt attitudes

What is the weather like there today? It was beautiful today. It was cooler than usual and felt like fall.

Something random, but relevant about where you live goes here:We have the largest children's museum in the world. It's awesome!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"