Working Moms
Options

Nanny Update: Fired Daycare & hired Hippie.

Well, I did it. It went very poorly. Daycare lady sobbed and said she was trying hard & hadn't had time to get into a groove, and really needs money, and turned down another job for us, and I was being unfair and unkind, neither of which I want to be.

:( It was awful. She really is nice and really was trying hard, but it truly just was not a good fit. I still feel really bad about the whole thing. I just never should have hired her. Boo.

Hired Hippie. She is at our house today and things were good this morning. If this doesn't work out, I am leaving my job early. I can't do this again just to get through until the end of the year. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Nanny Update: Fired Daycare & hired Hippie.

• Options
    Good! I was hoping you would do that. So sorry Daycare lady had such a reaction - understandable but I'm sure it was hard for you to hear. TRY not to have too much guilt over this - I know that is hard to do. You did what was right for your family.
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options

imageClaryPax:
    Sobbing? Honestly another example of her unprofessional ism. I think you dodged a bullet.

That's what my mom said, too! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shannmshannm member
    Please don't feel bad. She was forcing feeding your baby. I can't believe she was employed by a daycare.
  • Options

I agree, her saying you're mean and whatnot is super unprofessional. 

She will find another job and move on, don't worry about her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Options
    imageNicoleWI:

imageClaryPax:
    Sobbing? Honestly another example of her unprofessional ism. I think you dodged a bullet.

That's what my mom said, too! 

That was my first thought too! Who does that?

• Options

imageClaryPax:

this. You did the right thing 

• Options

She cried and said you were mean? That is completely unprofessional.  Her reaction should only confirm you made the right decision.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"