March 2014 Moms

Not going to an OB and Zumba.

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone is planning on seeing a Family Doctor that also does obstetrics?  I feel like it might be nice to have a doctor that could treat me when I'm pregnant and not. I currently see a PA, so I don' think she can do obstetrics.

I'm heading to the PA next week for a confirmation appointment. I'm really wondering if I should do to my Zumba class this week? What do you think? I've read various things.

Thanks! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Not going to an OB and Zumba.

• I had a family doc through my last pregnancy, and I loved it.  Because she wasn't only seeing obstetric patients, she was able to devote so much time to me while I was in labor.  She also stayed with me the entire time I was pushing, which I really liked after having read a lot about ladies having to wait to deliver until their ob got there.

I was also guaranteed that my doc would be the one to deliver me, so I wasn't worried about which doc from a practice I would have at the time.

I know not all people have the choice, but if I could choose between family doc and ob, I would hands down choose family doc.

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've been told that if you were going to Zumba classes before you were pregnant then you're fine to continue.  You can continue your normal level of activity but it's probably best not to start something new without consulting your doctor. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Loading the player...
  • From what I've been told if you were doing it before you got pregnant then go ahead and continue. You will eventually have to make modifications but until then trust your body when it's saying slow down then just slow down. Don't try to push through and don't let your heart rate max out.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • imageJAck5209:
    I've been told that if you were going to Zumba classes before you were pregnant then you're fine to continue.  You can continue your normal level of activity but it's probably best not to start something new without consulting your doctor. 

This. I still do Zumba at home but try not to get my heart rate up too high (which is easy when you're tired and barely going through the motions anyway). 

• imageJAck5209:
    I've been told that if you were going to Zumba classes before you were pregnant then you're fine to continue.  You can continue your normal level of activity but it's probably best not to start something new without consulting your doctor. 

Yep. Unless you have specific reasons not to, exercise is really good for you and baby. Just drink plenty of water and try not to get overheated. (take breaks when you need to, take it down a notch if you feel like it's too much)

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • My doctor said that Zumba was fine to continue if you were already doing it. Just slow it down every once in a while when you're starting to get out of breath.

I also recommend getting a really supportive sports bra. That is by far the worst part- my boobs hurt a lot during Zumba from all the dancing/jumping up and down. 

Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• My doctor is a family doctor. She delivered my son at 2 am. And she will be my doctor again with this pregnancy.
    I also agree with PP, if you have been doing Zumba before your pregnancy you can keep doing it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used my family doc on my first pregnancy and it was great that I knew she would deliver my son and I had been seeing her for years however I don't think she was nearly as informative as an ob but that's could have just been her. Also she never made it in time to the hospital and a nurse, who was freaking out the whole time, delivered my son and and the on call ob surgeon was brought in to repair 4th degree tears. So this time I have no choice! That ob is now my doctor for this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"