October 2013 Moms

When to say when??

Do you ladies know when you'll stop going to work before your due date? I'm just not sure when to say enough.. Thanks for your input!!

Re: When to say when??

• For me, it will be when I go into labor. I am not giving up any of my vacation/sick days prior to birth if I can help it.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I plan to work until I go into labor, but I have a desk job mostly so that makes a difference. It really depends on uour job and what your body is telling you. Just listen to your body and keep open lines of comminication wih your work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I am working up until I have the baby.  I only work part time so I will only qualify for FMLA once the baby is born so I will work up until that time.  My worst fear is my water breaking in the middle of the store.  Thankfully where I work isn't too far from the hospital.
  • My last day is Sept. 6th.  That's when school starts back here, and I lose all my free day care.  No one will take DS for only a couple of weeks, so I'm kind of stuck.
  • imagesleepy33:
    For me, it will be when I go into labor. I am not giving up any of my vacation/sick days prior to birth if I can help it.

This!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imagesleepy33:
    For me, it will be when I go into labor. I am not giving up any of my vacation/sick days prior to birth if I can help it.

This.  I want to get paid for as much of my FML time as I can.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • I am working till 37 maybe 38 weeks. I am a nanny 3 to 4 days a week, I try to tell myself that pregnant moms of 2 plus children do this 24 7, but I am just so worn out, I give those women a lot of credit!
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • MrsWPTMrsWPT member
    imagesleepy33:

Same here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll stop going to work when this baby pops out.  I have an office job and don't feel like it puts me in any kind of risk to where I need to stop working before baby arrives.
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Due October 18, and will most like stop around a month prior to my EDD. I am a server, and I am already beyond exhausted. I cannot even imagine how I am going to feel in just a few weeks. We walk an average of 7-8 miles a night, and our trays can be up to 40 lbs. My fellow employees are carrying my heavier items, but it still makes me feel as if I cannot do my "job".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AjoydAjoyd member

imagesleepy33:

Me too. 

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • im going to work until my due date but plan on taking 12 weeks off and just using up my vacation and sick time because i plan on finding a new job after :)
  • My company doesn't have to adhere to FMLA guidelines due to their size, so I don't get any paid leave.  I will be working up until I can't to keep the paychecks coming as long as possible!  I work at a desk job 9-5 at least so I shouldn't have a problem working up until the baby comes.  
  • I am working right on up till I go in labor and I actually hope I go into labor at work if it happens on a week day since I work inside my doctors office
    BFP 11/24/2012 - EDD 08/02/2012 - MC 11/28/2012 @ 4w5d
  • Why plan it and waste unnecessary vacation time?  I worked with my last until the day I went into labor.  Unless there are problems or I'm put on rest or something, I'll do the same this time.
  • imagesmjmlove:
    I am working right on up till I go in labor and I actually hope I go into labor at work if it happens on a week day since I work inside my doctors office

Same here - I work in the hospital I'm delivering at, so it might actually be more convenient to go into labor at work - go figure, right?! 

• MrsJYMrsJY member
    I'm a teacher and go back to work Sept. 3 and plan on working for 5 weeks and then going on leave we get a year. I want to spend a couple of weeks with my son before he's no longer an only child.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ibs11ibs11 member
    Planning to work all the way to the end, I work in the NICU and went into labor with dd while I was working. It was actually quite convient, I finished my shift, clocked out, and walked across the hall to check in to L&D! All I had to do was call hubby and tell him to grab the bag/carseat and come meet me there! :-)

imageimage

Dreams really do come true!

• I stopped working with DD1 in mid-October because of severe carpal tunnel and I was due Dec. 2nd..  My hands would be almost numb and since I taught it was awful.  I could barely hold a pen by then end of the day and grading papers was bad.  I had the worse time just flipping through a stack of papers.  I did go on disability so it was a different situation.

If I was working while pregnant with DD2 I would have gone to the very end.  I felt great with her and loved being active while I was pregnant  Which was good since I had to keep up with an 18 month old.

This pregnancy I am SAHM.  But I would try a week or two if you have the time.  If not just go to the end.  It is no big deal if you are feeling good.

My point is you are the best to judge when you should leave your job.  But taking a couple weeks off, a month, or no time before baby is definitely in the range of normal.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • I will work right up until I am in labor.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a desk job, so I'm workin right up until the end. I want to save all my leave time to spend with my little bean.
  • EmJ&BEmJ&B member

imagesleepy33:

This . . . unless the doc says otherwise, I'll wait for labor.

Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• RedZeeRedZee member

Also plan to work until I'm in active labor. I also have a desk job AND I can work from home, so I really don't need to stop work until the baby comes. With DD, I submitted my final copy of my dissertation a few hours before my water broke and I was gchatting in the hospital. This time, I'm hoping to delay going to the hospital until active labor so work could be a good distraction from early labor.

I'll probably stop going in to the office 2 weeks before my due date - or at least I won't go in very often. It's a 35 minute drive over a bridge and I would feel so weird having to ask a co-worker for a ride to the hospital.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • I work retail and it's starting to really take its toll on my body. I don't have any benefits so I can pretty much "say when" whenever I want. I will probably work until the beginning of September.

With DD1 I was a daycare teacher, working 50hrs+ a week. I worked until the day I delivered her. I honestly don't know how I did it. I was very committed to my school, and especially my children (I had 13 6w-6mo old babies)  so I guess that's what kept me going. 

• I plan on working up until the day I go into labor, unless something comes up. I work in an office at a desk, so it's not physically taxing. I also don't want to use any spare days off I have on that.

I did the same with my daughter. I actually decided to work from home that day because I wasn't feeling the baby move. Little did I know that three hours later I'd be admitted to the hospital for an induction.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm hoping to be taken off work soon!! I'm so over coming in and being uncomfortable and bored. Our dress code is business casual, I wore yoga pants today because hardly anything fits anymore I am to the point where I just don't care!!
  • I'm a nail tech, I don't get paid leave or anything.  I am planning on backing down from 6 days a week in August to 4.  Then in late September or the 1st of October stopping all together.  Doing nails isn't hard, it is the pedicures that are getting impossible.  I don't really plan on coming back.  DH does not want this LO in daycare and we have no family so unless major changes happen I'll be a SAHM again. Yay!

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I just left my job on July 10th obviously most people work a lot longer. I was working retail on my feet and I just never could get used to it, because of that I left earlier.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• my edd is oct 8th so I'll probably stop going last week of september. not sure yet. I work part time with no benefits and don't plan on going back to that job after baby so it's basically whenever I feel like stopping.
  • I was thinking end of Sept or until my doc puts me off, whichever comes first. My edd is Oct 5 [ticker off by a week]. Last time I was put off at 37 weeks for low BP issues but I have a desk job this time so it might work out better. I have piles of sick hours available and we get 12 months leave here so not a concern.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• This is my last week. The month of August is crazy busy for me. I have a baby shower, and am visiting home for the baby shower so I will be there for a week. Then I have a seminar I am going to for a week. Then I am going on a little road trip with my mom and sister, to move my sister to another state. Then it will be September. I am currently a nanny and the little boy I watch turns 2 in Sep and will be moving to a daycare center after that, so the plan was always for me to quit around then. I just decided to quit a month early to get stuff done and have some fun before I am stuck in this city where I don't know anyone with a baby. So, then I will be looking for a new job. Fingers crossed I can find one soon!
    Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagesleepy33:

Same. But this past week I started dreaming of being a lady of leisure. I so wish I could take off a little earlier. The commute makes me so tired!
  • i went up until my due date.  i went almost 2 weeks overdue but there is NO WAY i could have kept working that extra time. i was miserable.    this time around i plan on doing the same, if not push a few days more if i am still pregnant.

• imageMySunshine213:
    I am working till 37 maybe 38 weeks. I am a nanny 3 to 4 days a week, I try to tell myself that pregnant moms of 2 plus children do this 24 7, but I am just so worn out, I give those women a lot of credit!

I'm kinda in the same boat. I work with children who have special needs and it's already getting challenging to keep up with them! I will be leaving work about 37 weeks.
  • I'm planning on working up until the kiddo is here.  Although I do have the ability to take a long lunch and go to my mother's house (2 min away) to lay down if I feel the need for it as I progress. 
  • When I go into labor, barring any complications.  I felt fine at the end of my last pregnancy, so I hope I do so with this one.  I was on modified bedrest just in the evenings with LO #1 and even if I get put on bedrest with this one, I can still work from home.

I have a desk job though.

DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
  • imagesfshorter:

imagesleepy33:

This, too.
  • imagesfshorter:

imagesleepy33:

This, too.
  • It'll either be medically necessary for me to stop working or when I actually go into labor.  I'll have to be told by my doctor that I can't work before we will lose my income seeing as my paid time off will only include 66% of my pay.
  • SAHM so I don't leave mine till the morning of the Csection. lol

I am a consultant for PartyLite though. I never had to many parties, but from here on out, I will not be doing any unless it is a close friend. Mainly because I need to bring in a heavy box or two. Although my upline hosts a monthly party at a local restaurant with a private room. All other consultants are allowed to have their own hostesses come. You just need to bring your own prizes for games and a centerpiece for your table. That is a good deal! I have never participated in it before. I am now.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"