LGBT Parenting

Pregnancy Check-In

How far along are you and what's new this week?

QOTD: Do you already have names picked out for what your child will call you and your partner or do you plan for the child to come up with the names?  Thanks for indulging my curiosity?  ;-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Check-In

• 22 weeks and doing well!  Little one is becoming more active, which has been super fun for me and Z.  He's typically been the most active around bed time, but he's becoming more active during the day too.

I think we've come up with a name... we'll see if that changes in the next few months. :)  Also, I think we have a day care picked out, though I did schedule a couple more tours for back ups.

One other thing that is not totally baby related is that we go to court tomorrow for our name change.  It is baby related in that we probably wouldn't change our name if it weren't for our little one. We both want to share a name with him, so here we go! We're also filing a "Statement to Confer Standing" to let it be known that my intention is for Z to adopt little one in case something happens to me before the adoption takes place.

QOTD: I have no idea.  I'm thinking that we'll let him lead the way on this.  With the pets, we sometimes call ourselves Momma L and Momma Z, but those names don't exactly roll off the tongue.  Just curious to see what other people are doing, and if there are any BTDT moms posting, how this worked in your family. 

• Almost 31 weeks here and I'm not sure but I think my ticker is wrong. We had our shower this weekend and our house was full I people that love us and we definitely feel loved wih all of our gifts. This week will be filled with thank you notes and figuring out what we still need. I think we've also hit a growth spurt just based on the pick up in movement from the baby and the size of my belly along with some crazy weight gain. I'm with sparkle, I definitely still have these moments of disbelief and realizing that this is getting real. This is something we've talked about for years and its happening. We're also solidifying lawyer docs and I do plan to try to change my name this week as well. Hopefully Thursday. I need I get on it!

We have two names picked out but honestly names have been really difficult for us. It wouldn't surprise me if we introduce additional options before the baby is born. I think we will probably do mama and mom or mommy and mom. We'll see but I definitely don't want to differentiate either one of us with our child to something other than a version of mom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 21 weeks now and feeling good. It's amazing that at 19 weeks I felt nothing and now feel lots of movement from baby. It could be due to my anterior placenta that it took some time.

We got some great hand-me-downs this weekend, and bought a stroller from my coworker that we are going to love. She threw in a Moby which is fun to practice different baby wearing techniques. We put up shelves and did some organizing this weekend in baby room but we still have a long way to go with supplies and decorating.

And thank you for the reminders about a name change. I've got to do that soon!

QOTD: I started calling my wife "babba" and she seems to like it. It is a variation on the Northern Italian "babbo" for dad. (Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with Italian?!) So we will probably be mamma and babba. I also call her mamma bear. We'll see what the baby comes up with.

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Hey all! 22 weeks this week and doing well. Not much new on the baby front but I recieved a really inappropriate comment at work that I just have to share....

Brief background, I work in an inner city ER as a NP, so my patients are often a bit difficult to say the least and i am now obviously pregnant even in my scrubs. I had a mother and daughter that I was seeing. The mother was the one who was sick. She had recently had surgery and was back with some complications, it was around 11 pm. The mother didn't want to stay in the hospital... So I nicely explained to her and her daughter that even though her symptoms were most likely from her surgery, that I still wanted to admit her to the hospital to watch and observe her and run some more tests and it was already 11pm so they might as well just spend the night. The mother was still a little resistant to staying so I said, "I would hate to send you home and have something happen, I would prefer to be on the safe side and admit you." Her daughter turned to me and says, "if you send her home and something happens, I am coming after your baby." My mouth just dropped, I couldn't even formulate a response. WTF? Who says something like that. I had to walk out of the room and calm down before I could even keep talking to them. Ugh, some people!

QOTD: we haven't decided what he will call us.. We figure he wil naturally come up with a way to differentiate between the two of us.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • imagemwagner25:
    Hey all! 22 weeks this week and doing well. Not much new on the baby front but I recieved a really inappropriate comment at work that I just have to share.... Brief background, I work in an inner city ER as a NP, so my patients are often a bit difficult to say the least and i am now obviously pregnant even in my scrubs. I had a mother and daughter that I was seeing. The mother was the one who was sick. She had recently had surgery and was back with some complications, it was around 11 pm. The mother didn't want to stay in the hospital... So I nicely explained to her and her daughter that even though her symptoms were most likely from her surgery, that I still wanted to admit her to the hospital to watch and observe her and run some more tests and it was already 11pm so they might as well just spend the night. The mother was still a little resistant to staying so I said, "I would hate to send you home and have something happen, I would prefer to be on the safe side and admit you." Her daughter turned to me and says, "if you send her home and something happens, I am coming after your baby." My mouth just dropped, I couldn't even formulate a response. WTF? Who says something like that. I had to walk out of the room and calm down before I could even keep talking to them. Ugh, some people! QOTD: we haven't decided what he will call us.. We figure he wil naturally come up with a way to differentiate between the two of us.

This is crazy! Was the daughter a child or an adult? I'm sorry that happened, that is disturbing.

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • imagemollykelley:

imagemwagner25:
    Hey all! 22 weeks this week and doing well. Not much new on the baby front but I recieved a really inappropriate comment at work that I just have to share....

Brief background, I work in an inner city ER as a NP, so my patients are often a bit difficult to say the least and i am now obviously pregnant even in my scrubs. I had a mother and daughter that I was seeing. The mother was the one who was sick. She had recently had surgery and was back with some complications, it was around 11 pm. The mother didn't want to stay in the hospital... So I nicely explained to her and her daughter that even though her symptoms were most likely from her surgery, that I still wanted to admit her to the hospital to watch and observe her and run some more tests and it was already 11pm so they might as well just spend the night. The mother was still a little resistant to staying so I said, "I would hate to send you home and have something happen, I would prefer to be on the safe side and admit you." Her daughter turned to me and says, "if you send her home and something happens, I am coming after your baby." My mouth just dropped, I couldn't even formulate a response. WTF? Who says something like that. I had to walk out of the room and calm down before I could even keep talking to them. Ugh, some people!

QOTD: we haven't decided what he will call us.. We figure he wil naturally come up with a way to differentiate between the two of us.

This is crazy! Was the daughter a child or an adult? I'm sorry that happened, that is disturbing.

She was an adult.... Maybe late 30's early 40's
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • 19 weeks and I'm feeling good.  I failed the 3 hour GD test, so I go on Wednesday for my Gestational Diabetes course.  Ugghhh...not looking forward to it at all.  My first daughter was 10 1/2 pounds and they think I had GD and it was missed, so hopefully this baby will be a tad smaller ;)  We have the Level 2 ultrasound on Friday, so I'm excited we get to see the baby!  We found out the gender through the Materniti21 test, hopefully it was right!

Our daughter calls us mommy and mama.   

It took 7 IUIs but it was totally worth it!
    12/14/10~~~2:05 pm~~~10lbs 9oz~~~22 in

Only 2 tries this time!
    11/4/13~~~9:22 am~~~7lbs 2oz~~~19 1/4 in

• imagemwagner25:
    imagemollykelley:

imagemwagner25:
    Hey all! 22 weeks this week and doing well. Not much new on the baby front but I recieved a really inappropriate comment at work that I just have to share.... Brief background, I work in an inner city ER as a NP, so my patients are often a bit difficult to say the least and i am now obviously pregnant even in my scrubs. I had a mother and daughter that I was seeing. The mother was the one who was sick. She had recently had surgery and was back with some complications, it was around 11 pm. The mother didn't want to stay in the hospital... So I nicely explained to her and her daughter that even though her symptoms were most likely from her surgery, that I still wanted to admit her to the hospital to watch and observe her and run some more tests and it was already 11pm so they might as well just spend the night. The mother was still a little resistant to staying so I said, "I would hate to send you home and have something happen, I would prefer to be on the safe side and admit you." Her daughter turned to me and says, "if you send her home and something happens, I am coming after your baby." My mouth just dropped, I couldn't even formulate a response. WTF? Who says something like that. I had to walk out of the room and calm down before I could even keep talking to them. Ugh, some people! QOTD: we haven't decided what he will call us.. We figure he wil naturally come up with a way to differentiate between the two of us.

She was an adult.... Maybe late 30's early 40's

So I am totally just creeping on the pg board and was FLOORED when I read this!!! As an NP or a hospital worker in general do you all have any procedures or processes in place to protect yourselves? Wow...

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• imagemwagner25:
    Hey all! 22 weeks this week and doing well. Not much new on the baby front but I recieved a really inappropriate comment at work that I just have to share....

Wow. That is really horrible. I'm sure you have seen and heard a lot in your job, but nothing can prepare you for something like that. Yuck.
  • We are 7 weeks and a few days now. This pregnancy has been going great so far except yesterday and today my wife started spotting a TINY bit (more like colored dishcharge... I know, TMI) and we are both FREAKED OUT. This happened last time, then a few weeks later we had the miscarriage.  UGH. I was hoping so hard for a totally uneventful pregnancy and still hoping this little bean stays with us.  We have the first appointment next Tuesday and although our midwives don't typically do ultrasounds until the anatomy scan, I might try and beg for one.  I just feel like at this point, I want to know, either way. 

Sorry for the downer post :(

QOTD: I grew up calling my mom mama and J grew up calling her mom mommy so those are the names we will be called too

My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• imageAmandaG47:

We are 7 weeks and a few days now. This pregnancy has been going great so far except yesterday and today my wife started spotting a TINY bit (more like colored dishcharge... I know, TMI) and we are both FREAKED OUT. This happened last time, then a few weeks later we had the miscarriage.  UGH. I was hoping so hard for a totally uneventful pregnancy and still hoping this little bean stays with us.  We have the first appointment next Tuesday and although our midwives don't typically do ultrasounds until the anatomy scan, I might try and beg for one.  I just feel like at this point, I want to know, either way. 

Sorry for the downer post :(

QOTD: I grew up calling my mom mama and J grew up calling her mom mommy so those are the names we will be called too

I know this is scary.  I hope you are able to get an ultrasound soon to ease your mind.  Positive thoughts for you, your wife, and little bean! 

• 37 weeks tomorrow. We had our community baby shower on Saturday and it was really fun. My nana has been staying with us this week and we worked on some projects for the baby's room. Tomorrow I have a prenatal massage and then we have a midwife appointment in the afternoon. 37 weeks is full-term enough to allow our birth plans to proceed, but still too early for this little one to come in my opinion. We're counting down to next week when I'm done with my board exams.

QOTD: I'm Mama and C is Mommy. It was an easy decision and we hope our kids will use those.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 28 weeks today. This week we have our lovely Glucose test to look forward to :/ We also plan to put the crib together this week.

We already have our daughter's name picked out, but I've had some negative comments on the baby name forum. We both still like our name, and it has meaning to us. Her name will be Brynlyn Rachelle we will call her Bryn. My partners middle name is Rachelle. My grandmothers middle name is Lynn, and we both loved the name Bryn.

We have decided that our baby will call myself "mommy" and my partner "momma". We've been trying to practice referring to ourselves as that with the dog to get used to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"