August 2012 Moms
Options

Am I overreacting?

So I'm all butthurt because my parents didn't call or send a card or anything for my birthday. I facetimed with them yesterday and my mom acted like I was being a brat for mentioning this. Meanwhile, they went out of their way to make sure H got his birthday and fathers day gifts on time. Am I just a brat? I vow never to forget to call Howell on his birthday.
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Am I overreacting?

• Options
    I was hurt because my dad didn't call me until night time on my birthday, and I really thought he forgot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No, it hurts and it is ok to feel that way. 

I, however, am a total brat. My dad neeeever calls or anything on my birthday. His birthday is four days after mine so I always call or text him just to make him feel like an . 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, I don't think so. I'd be hurt too. My mom is usually the first person to wish me a HB.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    ccamccam member
    You're not a brat at all.  I would be upset, too. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    It's like the Flight of the Conchords say, "The day after my birthday is not my birthday, mum." No wonder the song is called "Hurt Feelings!"
  • Options

First - Happy Birthday a little late!

I would be hurt they didn't call, especially if they were concerned about H's birthday and fathers day.   I am bad about remembering to call/text for birthdays and anniversaries but that is me.  I forget/am late for everyone!  **points to first line above***

• Options
    That's sad. I'm sorry they're acting like that. Parents should always remember their kids bdays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageLindsayDesigner:
    It's like the Flight of the Conchords say, "The day after my birthday is not my birthday, mum." No wonder the song is called "Hurt Feelings!"

OMG. I love this episode!!

You're not a brat at all, Baker!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely not! I would be hurt just for them forgetting about it and then even more crushed that they acted the way they did when you mentioned it.
  • Options
    MoFreeMoFree member
    You're not being a brat. I would also be hurt if my birthday were ignored.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Nope.  My mom never remembers my birthday.  If she does, it's a Facebook message saying "happy birthday" and nothing else.  However, my sister gets a $100-$500 gift every year (last year, she got a cruise ticket for her 21st) plus a party or dinner at a nice restaurant.  My brother gets $250 cash plus new clothes.

I actually hate my birthday because NObody makes any sort of fuss over my birthday.   

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    You are not being a brat at all. They should have a least apologized and not made you feel like a brat.
    My parents almost forgot mine this year. They didn't call until the night of. They both felt so bad for not realizing it earlier. I did let it slide because they felt bad and have never once in 35 year forgot it.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    At least I got to make them feel guilty by pointing out that my IL's called. They are always whining about how I love my IL's more than them. Well, they are decent tolerable people. It's a no brainer. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    That's sad. I'm sorry they're acting like that. Parents should always remember their kids bdays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Not a brat. Life should never be too busy to show your child you care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"