April 2013 Moms

Giving H

A run for his money!

Is it sad that I hope the girls are the most fussiest, cranky teething babies in the whole world here soon?
Our daycare workers husband is having surgery early sept so she is taking a week off. Instead of finding backup, H has some vacation time he needs to use up so he is taking that week off to be with the girls. This will be the first time he has ever had them this long without help. He is always telling me how much easier my job is than his when I'm with them so I can't wait for them to give him a taste of the medicine.

He has no clue what he's in for and I'm secretly laughing on the inside knowing he's going to be all stir crazy :D muahaha.
There's my fffc early.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Giving H

• I do hate when DH says my job as a SAHM is easier than his. In some ways it may be but not all! He can at least take a lunch break or bathroom break. Sometimes I would kill for two minutes to myself. I am also EBF so when he tells me he worked a 10 hr day I jokingly tell him that I haven't been off for about 3 months. I'm never off!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband knows how difficult it is being a SAHM and almost daily gives me words of encouragement and support and tells me how much he appreciates what I do and that it's far more important than the job that he does. 

I would never want to see my husband fail while taking care of DS. Why would anyone want to see the father of their child(ren) fail? Maybe rather than failing, you'd like him to just appreciate the job you do and express it? 

• Loading the player...
  • imageletranger:
    Yup I always hope my husband fails miserably too. Oh wait we are both capable human beings who aren't perfect all the time but do our best.

This was my first thought too. I get/assume you're being tongue in cheek about it, but not everything on TB needs to be sassy towards our husbands. My H is a SAHD during the summer with a toddler and an infant and does a fabulous job.

Maybe I have my serious pants on this morning, but joking or not, I'd never wish my children to be miserable in order to torment him.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Wishing he goes stir crazy and wishing him to fail are very different. I would NEVER wish him to fail. Wishing for him to see what I get to overcome everyday. I believe will make him realize that my job is in no way easier than what he does!
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    Wishing he goes stir crazy and wishing him to fail are very different. I would NEVER wish him to fail. Wishing for him to see what I get to overcome everyday. I believe will make him realize that my job is in no way easier than what he does!

Wishing your babies are teething (in pain) and fussy so he understands what you go through everyday? Seems supportive to me. Confused

You could always spend a day showing him your routine and giving him the tools to succeed and actually enjoy this rare time off with the girls, but that wouldn't be nearly as funny.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• What does your husband do for a living? Because I would slap my husband if he told me his job was harder than being at home with two babies. Then again my husband is in finance/accounting and  has a nice office to himself, can use the bathroom whenever he wants to, can eat whenever he wants to, can be on the phone whenever he wants to, etc, etc, etc. He knows it is much harder to be at home with the kids than to be at work so he definitely appreciated my time at home with them during maternity leave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageOhSewCrafty:

imageJordynLeighx3:
    Wishing he goes stir crazy and wishing him to fail are very different. I would NEVER wish him to fail. Wishing for him to see what I get to overcome everyday. I believe will make him realize that my job is in no way easier than what he does!

Wishing your babies are teething (in pain) and fussy so he understands what you go through everyday? Seems supportive to me. Confused

You could always spend a day showing him your routine and giving him the tools to succeed and actually enjoy this rare time off with the girls, but that wouldn't be nearly as funny.

s/o different routines....do any of you guys experience your babies reacting differently to you or H, even if you do the exact same thing?  My H is home with M during the week when I'm at work and he has a hard time getting him to nap longer than 30 minutes.  When I'm home, M easily naps for 2 hours.  Last night he said "how does he nap so long with you? I have never gotten him to nap that long since I've been with him." And M will nap with/for me in the pnp or rnp...he's not in my arms napping.

Also, When I try to play peeka boo with M, he gets scared, but is on the verge of giggling with H, lol.  So it's both ways.

Maybe I should've posted this in a new thread.  sorry 

ETA: I added this just thinking that...things I do for M work wonders, but when my H tries, it doesn't work.  And vice versa 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebdcram:
    Wow. You sound like an awesome wife. Your H is so lucky.

Wow. Some people here take some stuff way to literal. Pretty sure you'd be lying if you said you never wanted your H to experience what you do when your kids are being fussy all day and they get home and say that your job is "easy" and all you do is sit and play with babies all day.
  • I would be a nervous wreck if my baby was fussy, teething and cranking while she was away from me so no I wouldn't wish that on my DH.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I always hope my baby is good for DH but I do hope he gets the poosplosion of the day... I get it every weekday morning but DS never has one when he's home with DH. It's actually quite amazing. And my least favorite part of the day...I get that newborn poo is part of the job, but it is still gross. Especially when DS wants to kick his legs in it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sorry everyone is over reacting with your post! I totally understand what you are saying,and I also know you did not mean everything literally! People woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I do everything for my DD with no help from SO I do let him take are of her and sometimes she cries and I let that go on for a little bit so he can see that getting her to calm down and nap/eat/cheer up,isnt as easy as it looks. Not all of us have that perfect understanding,always awesome hubby. Best of luck!
  • imagebdcram:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagebdcram:
    Wow. You sound like an awesome wife. Your H is so lucky.
    Wow. Some people here take some stuff way to literal. Pretty sure you'd be lying if you said you never wanted your H to experience what you do when your kids are being fussy all day and they get home and say that your job is "easy" and all you do is sit and play with babies all day.
    You can call me a liar all you want but I don't wish bad things on my H ever.

I agree. Why on earth would I ever wish that the people I love the most (DH and my kids) have a miserable day? 

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Wow you complain about how hard it is with twins yet they go to day care? And now you're hoping your girls start teething while your husband takes care of them? You sound like a giant brat.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekittaywhiskers:
    Wow you complain about how hard it is with twins yet they go to day care? And now you're hoping your girls start teething while your husband takes care of them? You sound like a giant brat.

I think any time with twins is harder. I do not doubt that. That is like saying a lot of people who still complain about having a hard day even though their kids have daycare aren't justified to feel that way. Which is wrong. Kids are hard no matter if you have them 24 hours a day or 12 hours a day.

• imageClandestineX:

imagekittaywhiskers:
    Wow you complain about how hard it is with twins yet they go to day care? And now you're hoping your girls start teething while your husband takes care of them? You sound like a giant brat.

I think any time with twins is harder. I do not doubt that. That is like saying a lot of people who still complain about having a hard day even though their kids have daycare aren't justified to feel that way. Which is wrong. Kids are hard no matter if you have them 24 hours a day or 12 hours a day.

That's a fair statement under normal circumstances. Now if someone complains multiple times a day about how hard they have it is when I get irritated and judgemental. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagekittaywhiskers:
    imageClandestineX:

imagekittaywhiskers:

That's a fair statement under normal circumstances. Now if someone complains multiple times a day about how hard they have it is when I get irritated and judgemental. 

Ah, I guess if that is one of your buttons. I tend to just ignore how many times people post about the same topic because sometimes people just have no one else to talk to so they do it on here to release some stress or something. I do see where you're coming from though.

• Ann003Ann003 member
    Wow, this post got all kinds of serious. Anyway, I'm grateful that DH acknowledges how hard it is to be with the twins all day, even when I have a nanny who helps me out. Kids are just tough! I will say that sometimes I'm jealous when he takes care of them for a few hours so I can nap and they end up sleeping the whole time!
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    imageCoffeeMonster19:

imageletranger:
    Here's the thing my husband is more then happy to take both our kids and he already knows staying at home isn't easy we have never compared our jobs. We both know each other works hard.

For us it isn't a competition. Honestly you don't want people to take your post literally maybe you should try being funny instead of insulting towards your partner.

insert thumbs up here. 

Won't it be nice when we can do mobile thumbs up? Or even just use a semicolon? Also, agreed.
  • imageAnn003:
    Wow, this post got all kinds of serious. Anyway, I'm grateful that DH acknowledges how hard it is to be with the twins all day, even when I have a nanny who helps me out. Kids are just tough! I will say that sometimes I'm jealous when he takes care of them for a few hours so I can nap and they end up sleeping the whole time!

Yes it did!

I'm going to assume that OP just wishes her husband could see how hard it is, on the harderst of days, to take care of a baby (or two!) especially since her husband seems to think going to work is harder than staying at home.

OP - has your husband taken care of the kids at all, by himself? If not, give him a chance. Take some time off to yourself, and let him watch the kids and figure it out. He'll appreciate your time at home with them a lot more afterwards.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes it is sad that you would hope that. I guess you are kidding but this post rubs me the wrong way and just seems immature.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • It always bothered me during my leave when my husband would say things like "I'd love to trade places with you right now" or "you're on vacation," etc.  I finally had to talk to him about it because it upset me so much.  I understand what you mean when you want him to experience "a day in the life..." to relate to how hard you are working. 

But to whomever wished their husband to fail:

1) that's not a partnership

2) when your husband fails, your kids suffer. 

Most of this thread sounded like a conversation between teenagers... funny, cuz I actually had 16 and Pregnant on in the background while reading...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJSS1002:

It always bothered me during my leave when my husband would say things like "I'd love to trade places with you right now" or "you're on vacation," etc.  I finally had to talk to him about it because it upset me so much.  I understand what you mean when you want him to experience "a day in the life..." to relate to how hard you are working. 

But to whomever wished their husband to fail:

1) that's not a partnership

2) when your husband fails, your kids suffer. 

Most of this thread sounded like a conversation between teenagers... funny, cuz I actually had 16 and Pregnant on in the background while reading...

All of this. I even had on 16 and Pregnant too, but I had to change it because I just can't...I.. I can't. 

• Also, why is everybody so scandalized by the girls being in daycare?  Jordyn works, right JL?

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    A run for his money!

Is it sad that I hope the girls are the most fussiest, cranky teething babies in the whole world here soon?
    Our daycare workers husband is having surgery early sept so she is taking a week off. Instead of finding backup, H has some vacation time he needs to use up so he is taking that week off to be with the girls. This will be the first time he has ever had them this long without help. He is always telling me how much easier my job is than his when I'm with them so I can't wait for them to give him a taste of the medicine.

He has no clue what he's in for and I'm secretly laughing on the inside knowing he's going to be all stir crazy :D muahaha.
    There's my fffc early.

I know what ur saying..my husband says how easy i had it my 3 months off..now he has her a couple times a week all day and he is EXHAUSTED when i get home..i laugh secretly on her extra fussy days because he had a few easy days so he thought everything was going to be rainbows and unicorbs forever..this post is poorly written if u dont mean it in a nasty way which I know u dont..be careful what u write on here everyone is so judgey!
  • imageMolly&:

I haven't been around much at all, but it seems like you all must hate JL already.  This was quite the harsh reaction.  

i was thinking the same thing 

• imageMolly:
    I haven't been around much at all, but it seems like you all must hate JL already. nbsp;This was quite the harsh reaction. nbsp;

This is how everyone gets with anyone when they want to nit pick and judge..not just for JL
  • imageMolly:
    I haven't been around much at all, but it seems like you all must hate JL already. nbsp;This was quite the harsh reaction. nbsp;

This.
    And FTR...
    Yes I work 25hrs a week. I'm home with my girls the remainder of that time. I never really WISH my girls to be in pain, it's inevitable that they're teething and that they're most likely going to fuss anyway. My H, has had them for short periods here and there but never a full day alone where he has no help. What I MEAN to say is, I can't wait for him to see that his job is in no way harder than what I do when I'm at home with the girls with no help.

I'm sorry if the way it was worded sounded so immature.

• I opened this post up and was very disappointed it wasn't about giving head.

What? Too soon?

• Kate_CKate_C member
    imagelovelyday39:
    I opened this post up and was very disappointed it wasn't about giving head.nbsp;What? Too soon?

LOL. I had the same initial thought when I saw the title. I was going to vote no!
  • imageKate_C:
    imagelovelyday39:
    I opened this post up and was very disappointed it wasn't about giving head.nbsp;What? Too soon?
    LOL. I had the same initial thought when I saw the title. I was going to vote no!

I came back to this thread to post the very same thing. ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I opened this post up and was very disappointed it wasn't about giving head.

What? Too soon?

LOL, too funny. Unfortunately MH stays home with both my LO's 11pm-7am 3 nights a week. While, it's nice for him to see how tough it really is, sometimes he can't get DS2 back to sleep after a feeding and DS cries and cries. Which makes for a cranky hubby and that is no fun at all.

Lucas 3.5.11
    Tyler 4.23.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"