August 2012 Moms

Ugh. Stomach flu.

It's coming. I can feel it. So I guess that throwing up incident wasn't just heat. And what am I most worried about? My supply. I'm trying to load up on fluids but it is so hard. I have not had stomach virus in years. I pride myself on not getting it. Yet here we are.
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Ugh. Stomach flu.

• Oh no!  I wish there was some magic thing you can do to stop it!!  :(  Maybe you can pump in between feedings just to keep supply up?

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh God, I'm so sorry.

Yes, hydrate, bland crackers and such. I always tell folks to use half Gatorade and half water to fight dehydration. Drinking both straight can put you in either ditch on your electrolytes. Plus it's easier to stomach watered down at room temp.

Feel better, Sister !!!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • UGh....so sorry Baker! Like Mlynne said drink lots of water and Gatorade. I did that when I started feeling crappy and it didn't last too long even though I did throw up. Also nurse as much as possible. Hope it's a quick one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The stomach flu is the absolute worst, especially when you have little ones to take care of. I got rota virus when DS1 was 9 months old. I was so dehydrated, and my electrolytes were so off that my muscles were involuntarily twitching. I just kept on nursing him through it, and somehow my supply made it through.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRNbock2:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The stomach flu is the absolute worst, especially when you have little ones to take care of. I got rota virus when DS1 was 9 months old. I was so dehydrated, and my electrolytes were so off that my muscles were involuntarily twitching. I just kept on nursing him through it, and somehow my supply made it through.

I had that my first year teaching preschool. It. Was. Horrible. Now I'm not so sure I have stomach flu. I just feel off and crappy but not nauseous any more. Maybe I didn't get a bad strain of it or maybe the probiotics I take help.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• You probably have what Howell had but just a milder version of it.  I think most viruses are "recycled"/morphed so if you've had a strain of it before you would have some immunity to it and it wouldn't hit you as hard. 

Every fall and winter my kids get at least one case of the pukes.  It's a disaster when it happens.  Puke on the bed, puke on the carpet.  Puke in hair, puke in fingernails.  All over me.  HEY NOW!  Don't shake your head at me!  All ya'll!  You just wait, you'll see.  You'll see.

Anyway.  I can think of zero times I had it bad like the kids.  A few times I'd have a queasy feeling stomach and maybe a case of intestinal distress or two, but that's it.  So my point is, it probably IS a stomach bug but your body is handling it differently than H's. 

Hope you feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"