February 2014 Moms

How are you announcing your pregnancy?

Are you doing a cute thing or just telling people?

We are boring...we've just come out and told people that I'm expecting.  I have an appointment at 13w1d, so after that, I think I will just putsomething up on FB to let everyone know.  We've already started to tell close friends and family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How are you announcing your pregnancy?

• We just lost our twins at the end of April so when we found out we were pregnant 4 weeks later, we just told our family. We won't do a Facebook announcement until Christmas, and then do a family picture, and an "oh by the way our second child will be here soon".

DH just wants to wait until the baby is here and then announce the home birthed baby that way haha
  • HLB7HLB7 member

We've just been telling people.  Making a big production out of it isn't really our style (and seems like a lot of work!)

• Loading the player...
  • I got cards and glued this picture to the inside of it and mailed it to our parents and grandparents to tell them already. 

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/darneille91/IMG_8684_zpsab9bd9c3.jpg

For our facebook announcement for our extended family and large group of friends we are going to take a family picture with this awesome sign my friend gave me. 

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/darneille91/20130707_155417_zpsf1217d3c.jpg

• We are boring too and just tell people. Mostly used the "LO is going to be a big brother in Feb" line.

After my NT Scan I plan to tell work, same thing.

I'm not sure if/when/how we'll announce on FB. We didn't with #1, so we may just not ever make an official announcement. Probably just mention the sex after the 20w anatomy scan which will serve as a FB announcement.

imageimage
  • I am trying to knit a pair of booties and will post a photograph with the caption, "My latest accomplishment.  Foot model to arrive early Feb."   Immediate family and close friends already know, so it's just a matter of when to announce to extended family and FB friends.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageStephanie185:
    We just lost our twins at the end of April so when we found out we were pregnant 4 weeks later, we just told our family. We won't do a Facebook announcement until Christmas, and then do a family picture, and an "oh by the way our second child will be here soon". DH just wants to wait until the baby is here and then announce the home birthed baby that way haha

Im boring. I just told family straight out. Am now working on telling the close friends. I wont be announcing to FB until baby arrives, though pictures that are posted may be my "unofficial announcement" as it happened last time. I am with your DH Stephanie185. Hopeful that we are approved again for a HB! Find out next Tuesday!

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• I'm still undecided about how to announce it yet! Only my mom, stepdad, sister, and best friend know so far.. Hubby's parents are still in the dark! Haha! I've got my 12 week ultrasound on the 29th of July, so I'm going to wait until then to be confident, and then call hubby's family to spread the news. After that, I was thinking of something kind of funny to do on Facebook.. I'm an artist, so I was thinking of doing a photo with a big easel and some paints beside some pieces of construction paper and crayons... like Mommy like baby, hopefully! Haha! 

My hubby and I really like to hike and camp, so we were thinking of doing the shoes thing - you know, Daddy's big shoes, Mommy's medium shoes, Baby's little shoes - but instead of shoes, doing a big backpack, a medium backpack and a little baby backpack! Ha! With some sort of "Baby _____ Due Feb 2013" thing on it. 

My other idea was a picture of myself and the hubby - me, looking all enthusiastic and crazy-eyed, clutching pregnancy books and onesies and stuffed animals, and Hubby next to me with a stunned expression and a beer (or six), heehee.

• Most of my close friends and my side of the family know already. We're going to tell DH's dad this weekend when he comes to visit and call his mom this weekend also.

After 5 losses, I can't turn my PGAL brain off, even though everything has been wonderful this time around. So I'm not sure that we'll ever announce via FB... Maybe like another poster said and have something in our Christmas Card?!

• We have already told our family, but after the 13th week mark we will tell using  "big bro" and "big sis" shirts bought for our DS & DD from etsy.  

• We put DS in a big brother shirt to tell immediate family.

We've been calling and telling friends, and will announce on facebook sometime after our NT scan.

We have a wall of scrabble letters, spelling out our names. The letters are like 8 inches square and amazing. We're going to post a photo of our scrabble game to facebook, and say "New name being added February 2014. Any high scoring name suggestions?" 

image image
  • This is us exactly.
    imageimage

• We did a photoshoot yesterday! The hard part is choosing which ones to use as announcement cards to send to family! Pinterest has great ideas!

• imageNoethola:

imageStephanie185:
    We just lost our twins at the end of April so when we found out we were pregnant 4 weeks later, we just told our family. We won't do a Facebook announcement until Christmas, and then do a family picture, and an "oh by the way our second child will be here soon".

DH just wants to wait until the baby is here and then announce the home birthed baby that way haha

Im boring. I just told family straight out. Am now working on telling the close friends. I wont be announcing to FB until baby arrives, though pictures that are posted may be my "unofficial announcement" as it happened last time. I am with your DH Stephanie185. Hopeful that we are approved again for a HB! Find out next Tuesday!

Oh good luck!! I will have my fingers crossed for you, it would be so awesome to have another home birther around here. Post an update if you get approved:
  • imagecar seat:

imagegolfrgal:
    I am trying to knit a pair of booties and will post a photograph with the caption, "My latest accomplishment.  Foot model to arrive early Feb."   Immediate family and close friends already know, so it's just a matter of when to announce to extended family and FB friends.  

As a fellow knitter I LOVE this. 

Thanks!  So far bootie #1 is a bit lopsided and bootie #2 is halfway done, but has the wrong stitch count!  I guess Ill have to rip out rows until I find where I went wrong.  Blah! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • For DS we had wrapped pictures of our first sonogram and gave it to our Dad's as Father's Day presents. My Dad still has his in his home office.

This time around, we were less creative. DH told his parents that we wouldnt be able to make it to FIL's 65th bday bash down in Florida at the end of January. It took them a second to figure it out. For my siblings I had DS Facetime with them and asked him to say "Im gonna be a big brother!" (hes only 18 months and obviously couldnt say it, but it got the point across).

For my parents, I just said "Im pregnant again!" I had all these creative ideas in my head for how to word it, but in the end, I just went with blunt :)

We'll call our close friends after the NT scan next month, and Ill post something on FB after I tell work probably around 4 or 5 months in.

• Just joined the Club:
    I ordered a Tshirt for our toddler to wear during a photo session... The shirt reads "ONLY CHILD UNTIL FEBRUARY 2014"
  • We've already told immediate family and a couple of close friends - basically everyone who knew we were going through IVF. We're not into making some "big announcement" - just some phone calls to important relatives and friends once I hit second tri.

I don't plan on putting anything about the pregnancy on facebook - not my style. 

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • BB0214BB0214 member
    We told our parents on Father's Day. We cooked brunch and DH took a photo of the family afterward. On 3 I yelled,"I'm pregnant!" DH got a good picture of everyone's reactions. It was awesome! We plan to have a BBQ and do the same with the rest of the family once I'm officially out of the 1st trimester.
  • versedversed member
    We've already told the family and close friends. Think we'll do a FB announcement after I return to work in September so all my coworkers can be surprised in person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"