September 2013 Moms

Oh football season

Is it bad that I just got slightly depressed that my due date is the first Vikings/Bears game of the season? Baby's going home outfit might have to be purple and gold, hopefully having one more tiny fan will get the Vikes a win! Anyone else anxiously awaiting a little NFL fan?

Re: Oh football season

• caovercaover member
    My childs outfit is our team colors. I hope to be discharged before kick off. 
    4 m/c between 2007-2012 Twin girls born 15 weeks premature on 8.17.10 BFP 1.24.13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hardcore Steelers fan here.  I seriously would have named my child Polamalu if my husband would have let me.  I can't wait to have another little guy to watch football with!!!

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Loading the player...
  • hahah I love this post. I am a die hard Bruins fan and LO will be coming home in a monogrammed B's jersey. Bring on Hockey season! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagerevlaurawittman:
    Hardcore Steelers fan here.  I seriously would have named my child Polamalu if my husband would have let me.  I can't wait to have another little guy to watch football with!!!

haha I love this 

• I can't wait for football!! We're bigger fans of college football, but love NFL too. It's hard though... because I'm a KC fan, and they haven't had the best record lately.

We have LO's Oklahoma State gear ready in case we're at the hospital on a Saturday! :) 

imageimage

• imagellybeck:
    Is it bad that I just got slightly depressed that my due date is the first Vikings/Bears game of the season? Baby's going home outfit might have to be purple and gold, hopefully having one more tiny fan will get the Vikes a win! Anyone else anxiously awaiting a little NFL fan?

I love you simply based on the fact that you're a Vikes fan!! I told DH that we could maybe make it to one preseason game before the boys get here but it doesnt look like its going to happen now.

• Diehard Blackhawks fans here.... LO already has a few Stanley Cup Championship onesies to rock out when hockey season starts again!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EOB584EOB584 member

We are big Packer fans! We live in Michigan though so I need to order some Packer gear for this little guy. DH is super excited to be having a little boy at the start of football season. I may just have to find a Packer outfit that can be used as his going home outfit if we by chance get discharged on a Sunday.

• imagellybeck:

GROSS! Go Bears. ;) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJocelynB0911:

imagellybeck:

I love you simply based on the fact that you're a Vikes fan!! I told DH that we could maybe make it to one preseason game before the boys get here but it doesnt look like its going to happen now.

Yeah, that stinks but at least the home games aren't anything special in the preseason, Texans or Titans... It's obviously more important to worry about you and your LOs but it is just a teensy bit of a bummer missing out on tailgating. But on the upside, new fans! Lol

And us Vikings fans have to stick together, SKOL!!!
  • imagerevlaurawittman:
    Hardcore Steelers fan here. nbsp;I seriously would have named my child Polamalu if my husband would have let me. nbsp;I can't wait to have another little guy to watch football with!!!

Haha, that name would be awesome!
  • My due date is 2 days after the opening night game with Ravens. Hubby has had multiple conversations with LO about how he has to either be here early on the 5 th or wait till the 6th to come. He really wants him here before so that he can watch the first game of the season with both his boys.
  • DH is a huge Redskins fan. I got LO a set of 0-3 month onesies and I am sure he will be sporting them sometime during the season. DH is convinced his team does better when more people are sporting their colors.

• imagejenny5o5:
    Bears fan here.... It's on woman!!! Hehe

I have to support my Vikes but damn if I don't love me some Bears! That's why I love these games, two teams I don't want to see lose but I just can't go against my home team. It puts me in a glass case of emotion!!! Haha
  • We are Ravens  fans and just NFL football fans in general.  We are hoping this baby does not come on a game day but I have told DH no matter what he has to be at the hospital!  My dad is excited to be able to buy Raven's gear for our LO since he is also a Ravens fan.  My brother has kids but they are fans of different teams so he can't buy Ravens stuff for them.  I know my husband is going to enjoy having a son to watch football and go to football events with when he gets older.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • imageEOB584:
    We are big Packer fans! We live in Michigan though so I need to order some Packer gear for this little guy. DH is super excited to be having a little boy at the start of football season. I may just have to find a Packer outfit that can be used as his going home outfit if we by chance get discharged on a Sunday.

I'm a huge Packer fan and my DH is a huge 49ers fan! Our LO is due right before the start of football season! This shall be a fun game! :mobile smiley: I can't wait!
  • imageMegStark:
    I can't wait for football!! We're bigger fans of college football, but love NFL too. It's hard though... because I'm a KC fan, and they haven't had the best record lately. We have LO's Oklahoma State gear ready in case we're at the hospital on a Saturday! :nbsp;

Go Pokes!
  • imagellybeck:

YESSSS!!!!  My little guys first outfit... the day we got our BFP and didn't have a clue if it were a both or girl... was a purple and gold vikings onsie and pants!!! Maybe that should be our going home outfit as well!! Now that know a little boy is on the way, much of our 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 month clothes are football themed.  We are due 2 days before they play the Steelers!

I will be thinking of you during the Vikes/Bears game.   YES!  Go Vikes!!

Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• imageJocelynB0911:

imagellybeck:

JB - I knew I would see you posting on this as well!! 

Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• I am glad that my due date is during football season because then I have stuff to watch on TV while stuck in the hospital, if I deliver on a weekend again.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageJocelynB0911:

imagellybeck:

SKOL Vikings!!!  I am a huge Vikings fan despite living in Chicago.  MH is a diehard Bears fan and has already told me I'm not allowed to have the baby on a Sunday, lol Wink  Our kids are Bears fans though, MH won that battle since we live in Chicago I didn't want to make life to hard on the kids, haha. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMegStark:
    I can't wait for football!! We're bigger fans of college football, but love NFL too. It's hard though... because I'm a KC fan, and they haven't had the best record lately.

I hear you. We're Raiders fans out here and it's just been one sh.t show of a season after another. Keep your heads up KC! Just don't beat us ::mobile winky::
  • imageNicknShan:

imagellybeck:
    &nbsp;

YESSSS!!!! &nbsp;My little guys first outfit... the day we got our BFP and didn't have a clue if it were a both or girl... was a purple and gold vikings onsie and pants!!! Maybe that should be our going home outfit as well!! Now that know a little boy is on the way, much of our 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 month clothes are football themed. &nbsp;We are due 2 days before they play the Steelers!

&nbsp;I will be thinking of you during the Vikes/Bears game. &nbsp; YES! &nbsp;Go Vikes!!

The Steelers game should be a good one too! We are having a girl so we have a little onesie/skirt cheerleader outfit. Target actually had some adorable onesies, I don't think I can resist buying them much longer!
  • If I am in the hospital during a Seahawks game that TV will be on! I may not be watching much but it will still be on. I am super excited that my maternity leave from work will go almost all the way through the regular season, I usually work weekends and miss a lot of the games!

• GAH I have to change her coming home outfit. The Colts last preseason game is the day we're bringing her home.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Me! I can't wait for my lil GIANTS fan to be here so he and mommy can at the tv together!
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• atcwagatcwag member

I'll "one up" you -

I work in the Sports Medicine department of our local hospital.  Football season is the busiest (and most stressful) time for us.  My husband is a football coach at the high school that I work at.  Baby is due smack dab in the middle of the season and I'm SURE I'll be in labor on a Friday night...Not only that, but DH will only get 2 days off with baby/I, then back to work (and probably back to football) which means he won't be home until evening everyday....ugh!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageart4me115:
    Our little girl has 6 onsies, 2 sets of pajamas, and an Ohio State track suit with booties and a hat. She also has some Bengals onsies! She's set for football season!

Woohoo for another Bengals fan! We have 6 Bengals onesies, 1 pacifier, 1 bib, and a cloth diaper. Now I'm looking for a good crotched Bengals hat and diaper cover ;)

Due September 4th! Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMISnJER80:

imagellybeck:

GROSS! Go Bears. ;)&nbsp;

This! Hahaha!
    VOTE on my Name List
  • DH is a Redskins fan, and I'm a huge Ravens fan. However, depending on how the end of the baseball season is going for my Orioles, LO may be coming home in orange and black.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• We are a house divided - I am a big time Giants fan and my husband is a Colts fan.  We've gotten lots of adorable gear for both teams, so I'm sure our little guy will be decked out each Sunday in alternating outfits.  Haha who knows, maybe he'll make enough of a mess each week that both outfits will make an appearance each Sunday!

But yes, I am very excited for the season to begin!! 

DS1: 9/4/2013
    DS2: 10/23/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageCurlingRocks:
    I'm officially defriending you because you're Vikings fan.[;]

What? Noooooooo! What team are you rooting for so I can pick on you? Haha ::mobile winky face::
  • Go Bears!! I already have Bears onesies (and Cubs stuff too) but DH is a Bucs fan. Too bad he hasn't gotten any Bucs gear yet. Muwahaha!!  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a HUGE 49ers fan. Little man'sgoingnhome outfit will be a niners onesie if its a game weekend!! I also have my friend texting me the game times once baby comes so I don't forget to watch with a newborn :) 
  • We have a little 49er fan on the way!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• imageBubble106:
    I am a HUGE 49ers fan. Little man'sgoingnhome outfit will be a niners onesie if its a game weekend!! I also have my friend texting me the game times once baby comes so I don't forget to watch with a newborn :) 

Awesome!! We got so much gear at our shower!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• imagesabrinakurtz:

imageBubble106:
    I am a HUGE 49ers fan. Little man'sgoingnhome outfit will be a niners onesie if its a game weekend!! I also have my friend texting me the game times once baby comes so I don't forget to watch with a newborn :) 

Awesome!! We got so much gear at our shower!!! 

mine is this weekend and I hope we will get some! If not, I already picked one out I will buy :) go niners! Hope our little ones will be good luck for a Super Bowl win 

• amiefamief member
    Big Pat's fans here... just bought his first tiny little jersey this weekend actually.  Looking forward to a maternity leave over the season so we can spend lots of family time curled up watching the games.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • HUGE Steelers fan. LO is definitely getting a terrible towel as a receiving blanket. I am hoping I get to see them play the Jets this year.

That said, I also have the misfortune of being a Pirates fan, so I have warned DH that if they hit 82 games by delivery day, "Starling" is a legit contender for middle name.
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagecsspencer:
    DH is a Redskins fan, and I'm a huge Ravens fan. However, depending on how the end of the baseball season is going for my Orioles, LO may be coming home in orange and black.

go O's and Ravens. I have this feeling that I am going to be in labor during the ravens game or an important O's game. Which will mean my husband will be half paying attention to the labor. But I know he would LOVE to be able to watch the games with both his sons.

Our sons big boy room is "sports" themes, but really just has all O's and ravens stuff on the walls.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"