1st Trimester

Help! is this my BFP??

Hey there. I'm new to this and my hubby and I have kinda trying to have a baby. We BD the day before what I thought was my ovulation went by an app on my phone since I've been weirdly irregular lately. I took a couple tests that were all negative, even a digital. What made me second guess it was that when I "ejected" the digital strip, there was a line by the control line. So I took another today and there's a very faint line. I'm super excited and really hope this is it. I have a picture if it helps. Just gotta figure out how to post it lol Any input would be appreciated!

alli

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! is this my BFP??

• That's what I meant, yes. I posted the picture of my test from this morning (7-21)
  • Looks like a BFP to me!  Congrats!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you read this and photograph it within the correct time frame?

I'd test again tomorrow with FMU and then test again in a few days till you get a clear line or AF.

image image
  • The instructions do say that a line is a positive, even if it's lighter than the control. I just wanted some more input from others that may have had a really light line like this before. I'm SO excited. I do plan on taking another in the AM, and confirming with a blood test. :)
  • Test again in the morning, it could just be too soon for a dark positive.  And if those results are ambiguous, then go to the drugstore and buy some First Response tests -- they're really good!   

The photo above looks a lot like a positive to me, but it sounds like maybe you read it outside of the testing time period?     

imageDSC_9275  image

• Oh no I read and photographed it right away. I just didn't post it until now.
  • So if it said "read test after 5 minutes", then you took the picture at 5 minutes?

In that case, it could just be below the threshold for the digital readout.  Or maybe it's a bad test.

I would still do another test in the morning;-) 

imageDSC_9275  image

• Yep, exactly. That's my plan. Thank you all so much!!!
  • I see the line!!! Congrats!  My lines got darker and darker.  I took one each day four days in a row because I didn't believe it.  The first one was so faint, like yours!

**TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• imageAlli0322:
    Yep, exactly. That's my plan. Thank you all so much!!!

Good luck, fingers crossed for you! 

imageDSC_9275  image

• I took 2 Early Response test and they both had lines a little darker than that one.. Then I took 2 more (the same day) test this time the Early Response Rapid Response ones and my line looked exactly like the above picture.. so light, that you almost have to squint to see it.

Try another brand first thing in the morning.. My opinion is it is a BFP. I always heard "A line is a line is a line".. basically if you see any line it counts.

I predict you will get a darker line in the morning if you use first morning urine. Also, look at the package before you buy and find out which one is more sensitive.. (I just read that a few days ago on another post).

Or you can do like me and go to the pregnancy clinic (which is free) and they will confirm it for you. They said that one of the main reasons women go there is for pregnancy confirmation.  Plus the pregnancy clinic here does a free U/S.. I got one at 4w2d and the baby was too small to see.. so they rescheduled for 7w2d (tomorrow).. My Dr wont even see me until 8 or 9 weeks pregnant... so this way I get a sneak peek at baby before I even get an appointment with my Dr.

Hope at least something I said helps...Good luck and Congratulations 

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Line darkness doesn't mean a whole lot, truthfully. Its a yes or no thing. If the instructions say that two lines means pregnant then that is what it means. If the pictures match too. Do they? Well then that is a positive result as long as you read it in the time frame specified on the test. 

It looks positive to me. As long as you followed the instructions then there is no need to confirm with a blood test. In fact, some blood tests are not as sensitive as the OTC HPT.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageAlli0322:
    The instructions do say that a line is a positive, even if it's lighter than the control. I just wanted some more input from others that may have had a really light line like this before. I'm SO excited. I do plan on taking another in the AM, and confirming with a blood test. :)

Congrats mama! My first line was so faint I had to look at it over and over (and over) again!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The first text I took was about that faint. I wanted it so bad, I figured I was seeing things! I had to ask DH to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. LOL. HCG levels double every few days, so I waited and took another test 3 days later. (The wait was agony!) When I took that second test, it turned pink immediately. 

My point is, it doesn't matter how faint. A positive is a positive. Congrats!! 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yes ma'am. Congrats! No blood test necessary.

You can take another test tomorrow AM to confirm, or a digital to see the word Pregnant, which is really fun.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I took a digital today and BAM!

I'm beyond words excited right now. I have an appt wednesday to confirm, from what I understand they'll do a transvaginal ultrasound. This is my first pregnancy. I'm scared and excited all at the same time!

• Congratulations! It was fun reading this whole post and seeing this last picture at the end!
    Married 4/24/2009 TTC 1/01/2013 BFP 7/1/2013
    TTC #2 01/01/15 BFP 4/24/15
    Healthy Baby Boy Delivered in March 2014
    "Courage is not absence from fear but rather and understanding; that what you desire is greater than what you fear"

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"