Success after IF

Bedtime and traveling

I know that many of you all have traveled with your LOs. What did you do about bedtime/naptime when crossing multiple time zones? 

Our trip will take us east three hours. We will be gone about a week. J typically goes down at 7pm our time. We are going for a family wedding, so a lot of evening activity. If keeping her on her usual schedule is best (so 10pm, 7pm adjusted) is advisable, it is very doable. 

TTC Since 3/2010
Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

Re: Bedtime and traveling

• kaf7kaf7 member
    We did a trip 2h east at 3m. For that one we were there for 3 nights and I managed to put LO down 2h earlier than usual and he slept through and adjusted easily on the way back. Right now we are 3h east for a week and while his feeding times have adjusted, his bedtime largely hadn't until last night night 6 of 7. I just tried to follow his cues and didn't force it. I'm on vacation this time so I don't really care when he sleeps and wakes whereas at 3m I had that nasty exam to do so I really wanted him to go down earlier since I had to be up and functioning early the next day. When we get home on Tues we are going to sleep train so again, I didn't care how this week went.
  • imageLeahB12:
    If it's a week or less, I try to keep them on the same schedule, so I would put LO down at 10pm. It's just easier for me that way. I have found that they sometimes just adjust themselves to the new time zone, but if you have a lot of evening activities it will probably be no problem.
    This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, everyone! I know the family will love seeing more of her (especially with the events starting later in the evening). We'll see how it goes!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• imageLeahB12:
    If it's a week or less, I try to keep them on the same schedule, so I would put LO down at 10pm. It's just easier for me that way. I have found that they sometimes just adjust themselves to the new time zone, but if you have a lot of evening activities it will probably be no problem.

This is what we do as well. Have a great trip!  

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• We traveled to Chicago when L was 6 weeks old and I more or less kept him on East Coast time.  It was only an hour difference, but he definitely continued to wake up on our time.  We were gone for a week and he transitioned back just fine.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

• I travelled with them overseas when they were a couple of months old & that was easier as they were on a three hour schedule that didn't change.  Travelled in more recent times not too many time zones & kept the same schedule in the new time zone, they seemed to adjust okay, so much excitment & activity helped.  I hope you have a lovely trip :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"