July 2013 Moms

Flipped to Stomach Already

When DS was 5 days old he began rolling from his back to his stomach any time we placed him in his bassinet. Clearly competitive, his little sister just made the same move at 5 days old. Cue the beginning of me waking up to make sure she's still breathing every few minutes. Ugh.

Re: Flipped to Stomach Already

• Wow go baby go! My little man likes to roll to his side but he hasn't made it to his stomach.
  • My LO flipped to her side at just a few days old. I'm afraid to put her in her crib at night because of it, so she sleeps in the rock n play. I had never seen a baby do that this young, so I was really shocked when it happened.
  • Loading the player...
  • My niece was born in January and she's just now starting to flip over at night, craziness!  You all have some strong LO's:)
  • dliz87dliz87 member
    imagemystererae:
    My LO is close, which can only mean I can no longer leave her on the changing table while I go to the bathroom to wash out the diaper wipes. Sigh.I thought the point was that if they can flip on their own, they can flip back and avoid suffocation? Right?nbsp;

Yes, that's true. Logically or not, it doesn't offer me much comfort. The other part of Olivia's Morning Move is that she began on her back in the middle of the bassinet and ended up on her stomach with herself scooched over to the side, forehead pressed against the material side of the bassinet. I moved her over once and she moved herself back so I can already see this as a battle. The way she positioned herself, her nose was far away from the side, but still it makes me worried. She also slept for a 4 hour stretch like this, which is the longest she's slept overnight.

To recap, if she can move herself into those positions she should be able to move herself out. I still worry about her. I also have some guilty excitement thinking that tonight I may get a 4 hour stretch of sleep.
  • dliz87dliz87 member
    I took DS to the pediatrician's office the morning he was 5 days old. I didn't keep a hand on him when I leaned over to throw out his diaper and the nurse immediately said to be careful because she could tell he was going to roll soon. At the time I brushed it off thinking she said that to everyone as a precaution. Later that evening, I put him down, went back to check on him and was sure I was crazy when I saw him on his belly. I had DH watch me put him on his back and walk away. Sure enough when we checked, he had rolled himself again. This morning when I saw Olivia on her stomach I just sighed and thought "not again".
  • I knew it. Its the start of the Genius Baby posts. lol

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• flkongflkong member

imagePrimRoseMama:
    I knew it. Its the start of the Genius Baby posts. lol

Hahaha! Well call my LO an almost genius because she can almost roll from her back to her stomach and she does roll onto her sides. *smiles* 

• dliz87dliz87 member
    imagePrimRoseMama:

Right, somehow her flipping over so early sets her up for college scholarships and professional success. ??

This was more the post of a mom who is overtired, in pain, and although I appreciate her achievements, I would much prefer to not worry about her little face in the side of the bassinet all the time.
  • Emma rolls and sleeps on her side a lot has since we brought her home. I consider that a successes since she was born early :

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedliz87:
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    Right, somehow her flipping over so early sets her up for college scholarships and professional success. ?? This was more the post of a mom who is overtired, in pain, and although I appreciate her achievements, I would much prefer to not worry about her little face in the side of the bassinet all the time.

Dude, relax. I was just making a joke. Inhale then exhale.

Babies roll spontaneously. I know you are worried about it, but if you swaddle her pretty well she will be fine. Its not the all-consuming crisis you are making it out to be.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• flkongflkong member
    imagePrimRoseMama:

imagedliz87:
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    Right, somehow her flipping over so early sets her up for college scholarships and professional success. ?? This was more the post of a mom who is overtired, in pain, and although I appreciate her achievements, I would much prefer to not worry about her little face in the side of the bassinet all the time.

Dude, relax. I was just making a joke. Inhale then exhale.

Babies roll spontaneously. I know you are worried about it, but if you swaddle her pretty well she will be fine. Its not the all-consuming crisis you are making it out to be.  

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. Truthfully, I don't roll lo back unless she doesn't have room around her face.  We eyeball her very often and when I'm sleeping, we swaddle her in a way that keeps her from rolling over. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"