September 2013 Moms

Royal in labor!

Yay!! I have secretly obsessing over this, and I am so excited to hear more about the birth!!
Married: June 25, 2011
DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

Re: Royal in labor!

• Same! Can't wait to hear the name!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Did you read that Kate has to use Queen Elizabeth's gynecologist? Could you imagine having to see your grandmother-in-law's gynecologist? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm hoping it's a girl, too! I want to know if she's getting an epi. When I said this to my mom, she was like "Oh don't be naive, NO ONE does it without an epidural these days. That's not even done anymore." LOL okay. 
  • If I could've picked one person to post about this it would be you!! I love it, shanzie!
  • Totally stalking the news, too! Here in the UK people are either obsessed or apathetic. I clearly fall into the former category.

As for the name, the betting odds are on James and Alexandra, though apparently Isabel/Isabella is making a late push up the odds. ;) 

• Don't you guys feel even a little bit bad for her that she's having to do this so publically? I know they expected to, since they're the royal family, I just feel bad. What of something goes wrong?
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • imageravenclaw1:
    Don't you guys feel even a little bit bad for her that she's having to do this so publically? I know they expected to, since they're the royal family, I just feel bad. What of something goes wrong?

Oh, absolutely! But I have no problem being interested and feeling bad for her at the same time. 

• imagePaturkey:

imageravenclaw1:
    Don't you guys feel even a little bit bad for her that she's having to do this so publically? I know they expected to, since they're the royal family, I just feel bad. What of something goes wrong?

Oh, absolutely! But I have no problem being interested and feeling bad for her at the same time. 

This is me.  I'm torn over leaving her alone and letting her have her time, but also want to know what is happening!  I wish they didn't have to tell everyone she was in labour, and could just make the announcement after the baby was here and they had 5 minutes to themselves. 

• imageKristonita12:
    I'm hoping it's a girl, too! I want to know if she's getting an epi. When I said this to my mom, she was like "Oh don't be naive, NO ONE does it without an epidural these days. That's not even done anymore." LOL okay.nbsp;

As someone trying to go epi free I would be interested to hear this as well, not sure if it will be publicly shared though!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• imageblondii428:
    imageKristonita12:
    I'm hoping it's a girl, too! I want to know if she's getting an epi. When I said this to my mom, she was like "Oh don't be naive, NO ONE does it without an epidural these days. That's not even done anymore." LOL okay.nbsp;
    As someone trying to go epi free I would be interested to hear this as well, not sure if it will be publicly shared though!

Out of curiousity, would her decision impact yours?

• imageravenclaw1:

I don't feel bad for her - it's what she signed up for by marrying a royal. And I think she handles it quite well. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think what fascinates me the most about this, and really anything royal, are the little ceremonies and traditions they honor. I love history and tradition!

For me, it's similar to my interest in the selection of a new pope, even though I'm the farthest thing from Catholic.

Hazel 7/08  -  Genevieve 8/09  -  Wesley 9/13
  • Same here. I am quite excited! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Excited to learn the gender, name and all the other fun stuff :-)   

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• imageravenclaw1:

Normally I would feel bad for her and brush it off, but I have to remember that this is what she signed up for. Luckily she had a choice whereas William was born into this. Also, I'm a bit baby crazy lately as I'm so excited to meet LO so I can't help but follow the news about the royal baby right now. I think it will be a girl and I'm excited to hear the name. I dunno why I'm so into this, I'm not even a Brit!

DH and I are both 25
    Married 8/18/12
    Baby Jack's EDD is 9/18/13
    photo 229108e9-b31e-41b9-80f6-d27bce908989_zpsa243562b.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I still think it must be awful to have the world waiting while you are in labor...On the bright side some traditions have changed: At least she is not required to give birth in front of members of "court" anymore!! lol!
  • imageJocelynB0911:
    If I could've picked one person to post about this it would be you!! I love it, shanzie!

Hahaha... I am anxiously Googling.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Sign me up for being curious, too! I'm not scanning the news every 5 minutes, but I am interested. Weird thing is that I had a dream the other night that I was somehow William's sister and me and Kate were comparing baby bumps. Then Helen Mirren came by and she was the grandmother to both babies - more like how the Queen is great-grandmother, not Diana who would be the grandmother, so she wasn't William's mother. I guess that makes some sense since Helen Mirren played the Queen in the movie The Queen.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It's a boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"