October 2013 Moms

Belly Ring Survivors?

I know there are a few of us out there. I still have mine in! It feels completely normal and its not stretching. I also still have a pretty deep belly button hole, for now! I had a pregnancy one in and I hated it! I figure I'll take it once it starts to look weird! Anyways, I was just curious to how everyone else was doing with this!
April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
imageimageimage     
imageimage

Re: Belly Ring Survivors?

• kdjuddkdjudd member
    Mine made it all the way up to the last week when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was then that I got stretch marks and finally it became so painful that I took it out. Now I need to get it done again. It'll be a reward to myself when I lose the baby weight. haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • elllafelllaf member
    I used to have one when I was younger and it's closed up now. It healed weird though and on top it looks as if there is still a hole there. It's starting to stretch and if I touch it its kind of sore. I keep thinking its just long to tear right open! Hahah
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I took mine out last week it wasn't irritating me or anything I just figured why prolon the inevitable lol my belly button is starting to get flat so screw it might as well take it out
  • I took mine out about a month ago, because it started looking super weird, haha. I really cannot stand the hole, but oh well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tearing would really suck! I had nothing in for about 3 days at 20 weeks but I just couldn't stand it! You can see the top ball through my shirt but that is it! Otherwise the rest is lying nicely in my bell button hole! I am either carrying really low or have a super deep belly button!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• imageMmhodges07:
    I took mine out about a month ago, because it started looking super weird, haha. I really cannot stand the hole, but oh well.nbsp;

I hate the hole too! I know I'll have to take it out eventually, but so far so good!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• imagejeannie921:
    I had to take mine out a couple weeks ago... Started tearing : /.

Eek! I'm sorry to hear that!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I'm still holding out with mine!  Doesn't look too different yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • i feel the need to hammer this point home in every single post about this:

• Took mine out way before I got pregnant, but my scar from it looks terrible now. Makes me regret ever having it done. 

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes CV I know...lol Even though I got mine done in 2004! I still very much like my belly button ring and have hopes it will work after pregnancy as well...lol If it don't then that's fine its a small price to pay to be a Mommy!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• This thread made me curious. I took mine out during first trimester, but I can still get it back in!

I also had the lower navel done, but it wasn't fully healed before I removed it, so it's a lost cause, and the scar is a little funny. I'll have it redone eventually, once I decide I'm done having kids. I know my belly won't be pretty, but I never showed it off before, the piercings were a private thing for me.
  • When I was 17 I had one. I reached over a counter at work...trying to catch something before it fell off, the bar got hooked on the counter and I ripped the entire thing out. I have a scar. The end!
  • imageCousinVicki:
    i feel the need to hammer this point home in every single post about this:

Ahahaha
  • My hole is perfectly norm ! I've had my belt pierced for almost 6 years no stretching !
  • 26 weeks and still have mine in, I'm with you. My belly button is pretty deep. Looking into getting a maternity one by the end of the week. Just in case it starts to bother me.
  • I took mine out not that long ago, I didn't like the flexi one so I just decided to remove it.  My belly button is still in but it is getting less deep, the holes for the belly ring itself still look fine.

BFP #1 09/15/09, MMC 09/28/09
    BFP #2 06/04/12, EDD 02/09/13, MC at 6w3d on 06/18/12
    BFP #3 01/16/13, EDD 10/04/13, Born 09/17/13

• I just took mine out Saturday at 29 weeks. It was a pregnancy ring and wasn't bothering me but it looked funny with my belly button starting to pop. My stomach looks so weird to me without it I've had it for over 9 years.
  • Mine is exactly like this!  And it is the only place (as of right now) that I have stretch marks.
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • I took mine out at 15 weeks with DS.  Even if it survived, I'm pretty sure I would have taken it out anyways because I have a sunburst of stretchmarks around my belly button :(  It was fun while I had it.  THere are days I miss it so more power to ya!
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took mine out at least eight years ago, but the hole never closed. I was just showing my husband last night how weird the stretched hole is looking. It's so funny I was worried about my hip tattoos, but it's my old belly ring hole that looks ridiculous.
  • I took mine out in the 1st tri, but I have a little red stretch make that goes from the top hole to the bottom one- it's the only stretch mark I've gotten so far!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Took mine out way before I got pregnant.

But listen, if you still are wearing the jewellery before you go into labour, the nurses will ask you to remove it. You are not allowed to wear any jewellery, especially near the operation site in the event of an emergency c-section.  Just saying.

TTC since June/09.
    1st cycle diagnosed with slight hypothyroidism. Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
    2nd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
    3rd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, ovulated with out tigger. BFN
    4th cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFP!!!
    EDD 12/31/2011 ----- actual birthday 01/05/2012

Surprise BFP! - EDD 10/14/2013

Our little boy is on the way!

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"