August 2013 Moms

Grrr MH!

Just a quick vent - post and run. (sorry)

I have been asking/reminding MH ALL WEEK to changed the d@mn litter box. He forgot to do it last week, and it's been disgusting all week. To make matters worse, the box is in my laundry room (and I say "my" because I'm the only one who does laundry in the house) and it's been killing me to even go in there to change over the laundry, let alone fold or hang anything in there!

Fast forward to tonight. Trash goes to the curb, and MH went to bed about 2 hours ago. I'm getting ready to head that way myself, and I realize he, yet again, didn't change the box! UGH! Seriously makes me angry.

No, not because I have to do it now, that's fine, it's whatever. It's because he's the one that has thrown a hissy fit over every single thing the past 36 weeks. He's the one that doesn't want me to lift anything, or drink caffeine, or eat sushi, or CHANGE THE LITTER BOX. Well, then I shouldn't have to ask you 6 days in a row to do it, only to have you forget, again!

End b!tch. Thank you for listening to my ridiculous rant. 

Re: Grrr MH!

• I don't have cats, so I'm not up on the complete reason why not to change the box (although I've heard that).  If you do it (can you) is there a way being passive aggressive would get the point across?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Set an alarm in his phone :D

and yeah, we have a litter box battle around here,  H says "I forget it because I don't like to do it!" Oy H. Yes, I remember because I loooove changing the box. Silly boy.

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Blech. This is why our cats are outdoor cats. lol. Sorry tho that sucks. :/

PS. LOVE your siggy pics!! So pretty!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageatoz625:
    I don't have cats, so I'm not up on the complete reason why not to change the box (although I've heard that).  If you do it (can you) is there a way being passive aggressive would get the point across?!

It's really not a big deal, as long as I'm not playing in it, or eating cat poop! It's just one of those things that you're "not supposed to do".

I don't really do passive aggressive with MH, in the morning I will let him know straight up that he forgot, yet again, and I'm mad that I had to do it at midnight. Hopefully he'll remember next week, and if he doesn't, I'll put the box on his side of the closet. Boom. 

• How annoying!!!!

I'm always having to remind MH to clean the litterbox too. Then he tells me he did it a couple of days ago. So what?! They've used it since then so clean it again.

Men...
  • imagetreehugginmama:
    Blech. This is why our cats are outdoor cats. lol. Sorry tho that sucks. :/

PS. LOVE your siggy pics!! So pretty!!

She's my kitty, so any other time I don't mind cleaning/changing the box. MH however, hates cleaning the box, so he just wants to change the litter once a week. Fine. But then you have to do it!!

Before I was PG I cleaned the box every 2 days, so it was never a big deal, and since it's my decision that she stay inside, I do it without complaining. How hard is it to remember that every Sunday night (for the past 36 weeks!!) you need to change the flipping box!

P.S. - Thank you! :) 

• imageELauren88:

imageatoz625:
    I don't have cats, so I'm not up on the complete reason why not to change the box (although I've heard that).  If you do it (can you) is there a way being passive aggressive would get the point across?!

It's really not a big deal, as long as I'm not playing in it, or eating cat poop! It's just one of those things that you're "not supposed to do".

I don't really do passive aggressive with MH, in the morning I will let him know straight up that he forgot, yet again, and I'm mad that I had to do it at midnight. Hopefully he'll remember next week, and if he doesn't, I'll put the box on his side of the closet. Boom. 

You definitely shouldn't be changing it!! Cat poop can contain toxoplasmosis, which can cause birth defects in pregnant women. Does your H realize this? Bc then you can totally guilt trip him that if he doesn't change the litter box, he is literally putting his LO at risk by exposing you to it. If I were you I would have no problem waking his a up right this instant and watch him change it in front of you so you know it's done...
  • traiatraia member
    I have this same issue. I have to ask my fiance to do it, and than it finally gets done 2 days later after being asked every day to do it. Im lucky if he does the litter box once a week. And it smells horrid. When not pregnant, i change the litter box every time i take the trash out. So about every 2 or 3 days. Grr. Men they just dont get it. I would love to give them a pregnant womans nose for a week and see how much gets cleaned.
  • imagehahniepie:
    You definitely shouldn't be changing it!! Cat poop can contain toxoplasmosis, which can cause birth defects in pregnant women. Does your H realize this? Bc then you can totally guilt trip him that if he doesn't change the litter box, he is literally putting his LO at risk by exposing you to it. If I were you I would have no problem waking his a up right this instant and watch him change it in front of you so you know it's done...

While that is true, the short exposure to the fumes while changing or cleaning a litter box is not enough to warrant a freak out. I've changed it before, and I'll change it again. Call it a personal preference, I suppose. 

• For a second, I thought I wrote this post lol.. Sundays must be national change cat litter day..

I empathize completely.. Good luck and God bless you lol.
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• LC122LC122 member
    Yet another reason we no longer have a cat.
    I agree with the pp who said she would wake him up to change it. I used to call my husband at work and make him come home in the middle of the day to change it.
    No way was I spending the day in a house that smelled like piss and sh't. And when the box was full, the cat would think outside the box. Then the dog would cry. Literally. We had to "hide" the box where the dog couldn't get to it. But when it got bad, she could still see and smell it. So disgusting. And I wasn't even pregnant at the time. I just expected him to take care of his cat's sh't.
  • If you change the box please wear disposable gloves and wash hands after! That's not good exposure for you

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• I have just the story for you!

All day yesterday DH was royally pissing me off. Everything he did just got on my nerves. I held my cool, though! I was nice and pleasant.

We're BBQing last night and a mosquito lands on DH's face. At that moment, something inside me snapped. Instead of just swatting the mosquito away I swung my hang back and, full force, slapped DH across the face. The mosquito was completely demolished and DH was stunned. His buddy laughed his azz off. I gathered up the mosquito carcass to show him that I was, indeed, killing a mosquito and not submitting [overtly] to pregnancy rage.

Maybe I will make a thread about this, just for kicks. Wanted to share it with you, though :D

• you're a nicer wife than I am... I would wake his butt up and make him do it now. 

He would also have been doing the laundry while the box was left unscooped 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • OMG I could have totally written this word for word. DH is the same way!! And our kitty is not tolerant of a dirty box, she'll start going outside of it so I'm then stepping over, or cleaning up myself, that mess in order to get to the washer/dyer!! Ugh!

• imageTurtleMomma:
    I have just the story for you! All day yesterday DH was royally pissing me off. Everything he did just got on my nerves. I held my cool, though! I was nice and pleasant. We're BBQing last night and a mosquito lands on DH's face. At that moment, something inside me snapped. Instead of just swatting the mosquito away I swung my hang back and, full force, slapped DH across the face. The mosquito was completely demolished and DH was stunned. His buddy laughed his azz off. I gathered up the mosquito carcass to show him that I was, indeed, killing a mosquito and not submitting [overtly] to pregnancy rage. Maybe I will make a thread about this, just for kicks. Wanted to share it with you, though :D

Hahahaha, that's really funny.  My DH has been changing the litter box in our house too since I've been pregnant.  Luckily, he has been very good about cleaning it twice a week at least, but every time he does clean it he complains for about 10 minutes how bad it smells.  Although I explain he could change it more often, of course that is not anything he is interested in doing so he has to deal with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • So I have no reason other than pregnancy as an excuse not to change it. I work at an animal hospital and I'm around cat poop all the time. I don't eat it or rub my face in it so not really worried about it. But at home it's been nice to let my dh take over hahaha. And he's finally gotten good at it. He does it almost every morning. I'm so proud lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTurtleMomma:
    I have just the story for you!

All day yesterday DH was royally pissing me off. Everything he did just got on my nerves. I held my cool, though! I was nice and pleasant.

We're BBQing last night and a mosquito lands on DH's face. At that moment, something inside me snapped. Instead of just swatting the mosquito away I swung my hang back and, full force, slapped DH across the face. The mosquito was completely demolished and DH was stunned. His buddy laughed his azz off. I gathered up the mosquito carcass to show him that I was, indeed, killing a mosquito and not submitting [overtly] to pregnancy rage.

Maybe I will make a thread about this, just for kicks. Wanted to share it with you, though :D

I officially love you. I have often dreamed of doing this. You're my hero. 3
  • Ugh...
    My husband's cat means it's his chore, no exceptions, pregnant or not. I made that clear before we even married. That said,our litter box is also in the laundry room...I feel your pain!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTurtleMomma:
    I have just the story for you! All day yesterday DH was royally pissing me off. Everything he did just got on my nerves. I held my cool, though! I was nice and pleasant. We're BBQing last night and a mosquito lands on DH's face. At that moment, something inside me snapped. Instead of just swatting the mosquito away I swung my hang back and, full force, slapped DH across the face. The mosquito was completely demolished and DH was stunned. His buddy laughed his azz off. I gathered up the mosquito carcass to show him that I was, indeed, killing a mosquito and not submitting [overtly] to pregnancy rage. Maybe I will make a thread about this, just for kicks. Wanted to share it with you, though :D

BAHAHA!!  

• Constant battle here too. I have to remind him basically every day because it never gets done. Luckily our cat is very forgiving. Not to mention we also have a ferret and that gets lumped into changing the litter too. 

Every time he does it when I'm around "We're never getting another cat!" Muahahah. Worst part is. I wanted the cat when we first moved in together... but she is definitely his cat. She has been avoiding me like the plague since I've been pregnant, except to scream at me each morning when I open the fridge hoping to get milk or cream (compliments of MIL & FIL when they cat-sat for a few months).

• So glad I am not the only one who has this battle. When I wasn't pregnant I use to get bitched at for not cleaning it 2xs a day when I did every day if not every other. For the last 36 weeks every time I ask he says I will get to it. Now this is like once a week maybe two times a week, yet it was unacceptable for my once a day. Sooo frustrating. We recently switched apartments until our house is completed and the litter box now has to go in the cove near the kitchen. No room any where else. So some on better be on that! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"