Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Constant messy diapers

My almost 16 month old son has messy diapers SO often lately...they are usually runny and don't contain ALOT but I, just wondering if its normal. He is currently on the tail end of an ear infection and unfortunately a diaper rash so I figured they could all be connected. Just looking for reassurance! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Constant messy diapers

• Options
    I'd say connected, esp if he is on an antibiotic.
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    have you ever looked into him having a dairy sensitivity?

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS went through a phase where he constantly had messy diapers around that time.  When you say runny, do you mean just not solid balls of poop, or...it will run off the diaper if you tip it runny?  If it's the latter there's probably something else going on, as PPers mentioned.

Anniversary

• Options
    shannmshannm member
    imagejlovesky:
    My almost 16 month old son has messy diapers SO often lately...they are usually runny and don't contain ALOT but I, just wondering if its normal. He is currently on the tail end of an ear infection and unfortunately a diaper rash so I figured they could all be connected. Just looking for reassurance!nbsp;

Our pedi mentioned this could be an issue around this time and to expect moderate and frequent softer stools. She said it should just be a phase though.
  • Options
    The antibiotic could be the culprit. With my daughter, teething can also cause messy diapers as well as if she is in the heat for an extended time.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"