Multiples
Options

Hello!

Hi Ladies!

I'm new around here and wanted to write an intro. DH and I are 29 years old and we have a 1 year old daughter named Olivia. Two weeks ago we found out that we are pregnant with #2 and last Thursday we were told that we're having twins! What a surprise!  My husband is thrilled because he grew up in this exact situation with a twin and a very close brother but I am extremely nervous! I'm excited to be expanding our family but I never expected three children under 2. So far, everyone has been telling me over and over how hard life will be so I'm hoping that this board can help me gain some confidence.

I'm hoping to find other mothers who have been in my position that can give me advice and encouragement. Twins!! I can't even wrap my head around this! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be."

Re: Hello!

• Options

HOLD.......THE.............PHONE. 

aren't you a july mama?  I recognize your pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  if that is where I recognize you from, are you still posting there and have you announced this?

of course I only have my 2, so I have no advice, but you will do great!

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options

Thank you and yes! I still post in July and I announced on Friday. How are you doing with two little ones? Do you think it gets a little easier after the first year? Are you planning to have more? 

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey!  I must have missed it! 

NO MORE FOR ME.  hopefully.  2 are really expensive, plus we gave all our crap away.  lol

it definitely has been getting easier but I am not looking forward to tantrums with 2!  the newborn time was the hardest because you can't really distract them with a fun toy or cookie, etc. like you can with a toddler.

Best of luck and please let me know if you have any questions!

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options
    I posted a thread "3 under 2?!?!" a little further down, maybe 2w ago?, a day or so after finding out we were having twins. I have a 13m old born June 2012, and a 4yo, so I totally feel your panic. Since finding out I still get overwhelmed at certain things but it has definitely tapered off a lot. This board and knowing several twin mamas personally has been a blessing. Seems like most nonmultiple parents say it will be a breeze, whereas multiple mamas really give me a more realistic idea of things. I appreciate both but the multiples mamas 'get it' so to speak.

When are you due? Congrats!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to find a local multiples group so I can find some real life twin moms in my area to use as a resource. I'm glad to hear that it helps you. I'm due March 2nd and my daughter will be 20 months.

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    imageJAck5209:
    I'm hoping to find a local multiples group so I can find some real life twin moms in my area to use as a resource. I'm glad to hear that it helps you. I'm due March 2nd and my daughter will be 20 months.

We are close. I'm due 2/27 and doc says he guesses early Feb due to only making 38w 37w w my daughters. I def don't plan to make 38 w twins, but who knows?!

I find that looking at pics of twins reaalllllyy helped me get past a lot of my anxiety. After all, they're so dang cute and its easy to lose sight of the end result when you're too busy stressing every other little thing in your life. Sounds dumb but hey, whatever works!

Congrats again!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I'm expecting my boy/girl twins anytime in the next two weeks! I'm a FTM, so no advice to give. 
  • Options
    I have a 2 year old and 3 month old twins. I was completely shocked when we found out we were having twins. Everyone made comments about how hard it was going to be. I really don't have any help other than from DH who works nights and went back to work when the twins were a week old. I should add that I am a teacher and will go back to work when the school year starts, which will be tough. With that being said it has been much easier than I anticipated. Not saying there aren't days that push you to your limits, but for the most part it has been wonderful. Congrats!
  • Options

imageHattieDornbush:
    I have a 2 year old and 3 month old twins. I was completely shocked when we found out we were having twins. Everyone made comments about how hard it was going to be. I really don't have any help other than from DH who works nights and went back to work when the twins were a week old. I should add that I am a teacher and will go back to work when the school year starts, which will be tough. With that being said it has been much easier than I anticipated. Not saying there aren't days that push you to your limits, but for the most part it has been wonderful. Congrats!

Thank you for this post!  I'm so happy to hear that you and your babies are doing so well!  You're giving me hope.  :)

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"