Multiples

You know you're a MoM when...

I enjoyed the "you know you're pregnant with multiples when..." post the other day, so I thought it might be fun to do one for MoMs with outside babies.

Mine is you know you're a MoM when you don't even have time to drink water with your prenatal vitamin. You just choke those horse pills down dry.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: You know you're a MoM when...

• When you get stopped 47 times anywhere you go and asked if if they're twins, how old they are, how early were they, do twins run in your family, etc.

When people ask if you have twins, then respond with how's that or I'm sorry. It's great. O live my babies thank you very much.
  • When "Oh yeah I was gonna go to the bathroom....3 hours ago" is a thought that regularly crosses your mind

When you can hold a bottle in a baby's mouth using your chin, knee, toe....

When you wish you got a dollar for every time you heard "Twins?" "Are they identical?" or "Double Trouble!" .....because then you wouldn't have to worry about paying two college tuitions!

When you get so sick of the comments out in public, but on the odd occasion when you do go out with just one child and get comments about your baby, you always end up mentioning that he/she is a twin....and get all the twin comments anyway.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemarchesa28:
    When you get so sick of the comments out in public, but on the odd occasion when you do go out with just one child and get comments about your baby, you always end up mentioning that he/she is a twin....and get all the twin comments anyway.

Haha, yes! Why do we do this?
  • You know you're a MoM when you tell someone the cute thing one of your babies did a few days ago and you can't remember which baby did the cute thing. I can't even tell you how many of my stories start out "The other day... one of the babies did the funniest/cutest thing... but I can't actually remember which one of them it was..."
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My moment was when I had to change my intuition razor auto-shipment to 1 every 3 months and increase my coffee auto shipment to 3x a month on amazon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesweetsugarmama:
    My moment was when I had to change my intuition razor auto-shipment to 1 every 3 months and increase my coffee auto shipment to 3x a month on amazon. 

Haha, I like the coffee comment.

For me, it'd be you know you're a MOM when you've had 3 cups of coffee before 8am, and you're still tired!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So funny!
    TTC 10/2010 DX with PCOS 01/2012 Metformin 05/12. Clomid 07/12 50mg- Bust,no response. 8/12 100mg 0 on CD20=BFP. 9/24-56 9/26-125 10/1-2100 B/G Twins, EDD 05/2013 "It's funny they give you a drug to help get you pregnant, but it makes me not want to have sex with you" -DH. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesweetsugarmama:
    My moment was when I had to change my intuition razor autoshipment to 1 every 3 months and increase my coffee auto shipment to 3x a month on amazon.nbsp;

You just summed up being a MoM in three lines. Pretty you sure you won this thread!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • When you are nursing a baby, bottle feeding another and brushing your older children's teeth!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When your friends with one baby complain about how hard it is to take care of them and you look at them like they have three heads. One baby is so easy to take care of.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • When having a free hand to open a door gives you a moment of panic that you are forgetting a baby. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• When people decide your future fertility plans for you. B/G, you are obviously done, same gender, you HAVE to try for the other.

When you spend more time at Costco talking to strangers than shopping.

When you feel strangely lonely when you go out without the babies and no one talks to you.

When you are giddy to ONLY take one baby with you shopping.

When you realize that attachment parenting has its limits with multiples...and your kids will be just fine.

When you find out multiple times a day that everyone knows a twin and has to tell you about it.

When you also discover that people who have multiples tell you it'll get better, compared to those who don't who want to "try" for twins.

When you feel an instant bond to anyone else who does have twins.

When you realize you actually are SuperMom!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • these are all great and I can totally relate! OMG, I'm a MoM!!! 

The other day I was in the costco parking lot and a lady said "by chance are they twins?"  I said, "no, they are 4 months apart." Her response, was they are so cute! Didn't even get it.  LOL  I felt pretty good about that one though.  I do get annoyed by the public attention, but on the other hand I would rather have it this way than no kids at all! Big Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image
  • I'm sort of hoping I get to busy to remember to eat, haha.  I have never been able to comprehend people who forget to eat.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• When you constantly say to yourself, "one down, one to go!" when putting them down for naps or bedtime!

• imagemarchesa28:

When "Oh yeah I was gonna go to the bathroom....3 hours ago" is a thought that regularly crosses your mind

When you can hold a bottle in a baby's mouth using your chin, knee, toe....

When you wish you got a dollar for every time you heard "Twins?" "Are they identical?" or "Double Trouble!" .....because then you wouldn't have to worry about paying two college tuitions!

I was just telling my mom this the other day! We were at lunch and I took one of the girls to the restroom and a lady commented on her and I felt weird not mentioning the other baby. Even though I don't want to discuss the twin thing, I still felt obligated to "oh well, I have another one just like her."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You managed to take a nap and dream about changing diapers.
  • imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    When you constantly say to yourself, "one down, one to go!" when putting them down for naps or bedtime!

....and when it's finger and toenail clipping time you say "1 down, 39 to go..." ;)

• imageToni828:

these are all great and I can totally relate! OMG, I'm a MoM!!! 

The other day I was in the costco parking lot and a lady said "by chance are they twins?"  I said, "no, they are 4 months apart." Her response, was they are so cute! Didn't even get it.  LOL  I felt pretty good about that one though.  I do get annoyed by the public attention, but on the other hand I would rather have it this way than no kids at all! Big Smile 

That's awesome LOL

You get nominated for mom of the month of your Mom's group because you make twins look easy. That's because they don't see you running around cleaning, eating, showering and folding laundry as the babies sleep and have no idea what your house looks like :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"