August 2013 Moms

Teenage mistakes

So...I got my belly button pierced when I was 18. You know, rebel against my parents and do what I want because I'm "grown". Anyway, it has completely come back to bite me in the rear.

I took the ring out a couple months after getting it done because I was over it. Guess what? The hole is completely infected. I'm talking oozing with puss and blood everywhere. My Dr. now has to prescribe me an antibiotic to ensure it isn't something more serious. I haven't had a ring in my belly button for 7 years and I can't believe this is happening. Also, the hole has stretched because I'm so large. It looks terrible. I finally broke down to my mother that I should've listened to her, and boy did she like hearing that.

Anyway, anyone else regretting something they did when they were younger that's now biting them in the butt?
    DS born 8-16-2013
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Teenage mistakes

• I definitely regret my belly button piercing. Got it when I was 18 to be a rebel and took it out when I was about 26. I don't have the infection you're having now (ouch!) but mine has stretched now with both pregnancies and it is not very cute. I hate it and wish I had never done it.

• Oh no! That sounds awful!

That's crazy that even after 7 years its still was able to get infected. Holy mess.

• Loading the player...
  • LEMSALEMSA member
    I have a belly ring too but thankfully it hasn't gotten infected! It just looks weird now that I'm all big.

Ended up having to take the ring out bc u could see it through all my clothes. Even work scrubs.

I don't really regret it right nowbut I may after little guy comes and my belly is all squishy!
  • Yes. I consigned on student loans when I was 18. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I still deal with payment and collection drama 10 years later. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too regret the belly ring. Mine has been out 13 years and it is all stretched out and looks ridiculous now. I'm sorry you have an infection- I don't but mine is now a huge mass of scar tissue. Yuck!! 

image image
  • Mine has been out about 6 and a half years. It is still healed but the scar is stretched and not pretty.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• I'm regretting same thing. The hole of mine is soo stretched. I'm worried its gonna be like those people that stretch their piercings. Doubt it will go back to normal. Fml. I hear ya sista.
  • I had my right nipple pierced at 18. Everytime I nurse the babies choke on that side because the milk comes out really fast right there
    It also gets infected frequently. I have had the piercing out for 6 years now
    Tara
  • My mom was a complete authoritarian and I did NOTHING I was not supposed to. I would have gotten my arse whooped and it just wasn't worth the beating to me. I couldn't get my belly button pierced because I had an outtie even once I was 18. Sorry you are going through that.
    imageimageimageimage

• I had my belly button pierced at 16 and took it out a few months before finding out I was pregnant (so that would've been roughly 12 years in).  I never regretted it, but I was over it.  Thankfully it isn't stretching that bad.

I regret going on birth control at 16.  My boobs grew a cup size over night and I started to struggle with my weight not too long after.  I can't blame the birth control since everyone in my family struggles with weight, I just wish I hadn't interfered with my body. 

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Yup. My belly button piercing for sure... It has taken on a whole new shape and the ONLY stretch marks I have, are coming from my piercing. Vomit. I also thought a tattoo of a sparrow on my hip would be cute and cool... Now that I'm pregnant, it looks more like a massive vulture and is not cute at all.
  • imagelaceylavallee:
    Yup. My belly button piercing for sure... It has taken on a whole new shape and the ONLY stretch marks I have, are coming from my piercing. Vomit. I also thought a tattoo of a sparrow on my hip would be cute and cool... Now that I'm pregnant, it looks more like a massive vulture and is not cute at all.

I'm sorry but this made me lol. Sorry your cute sparrow is now a vulture

• imageamarissa85:
    My mom was a complete authoritarian and I did NOTHING I was not supposed to. I would have gotten my arse whooped and it just wasn't worth the beating to me. I couldn't get my belly button pierced because I had an outtie even once I was 18. Sorry you are going through that.

This was me exactly.  We are super close now, but while I was growing up I was terrified of her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Got a tattoo at 19 because I wanted one SO bad.  I don't regret getting it.  I just regret not waiting to get something a little more meaningful.  Now I want another and DH is he'll bent against it!

• Yup, I haven't had my belly button ring in probably almost two years and my growing belly has caused it to become all red and stretched out. I actually asked my MW about it last week because it looks so bad and she assured me that she sees that all the time with belly button piercings.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Ugh. I hear you on the belly button ring. It's been out for the better part of a decade and still got all *** and gross this pregnancy. (Never did with DD) The scar isn't terribly noticeable not pregnant, so I hope it returns to that state. 

I also got a tramp stamp at 18... Wish I had thought through that more!

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJill9288:
    My hip tattoo is folded over and stretched because of my belly. It is SUPER cute

I am sure that will go back down after baby gets here. I have a side tattoo and I haven't really paid attention but hopefully it won't do any damage there either. 

imageimageimageimage

• I don't regret any piercings or tattoos that I got when I was young, but I do regret sleeping with that as.sface I met at a social distortion show when I was 19. he turned out to be a real winner.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • My tattoo on my hip. It's a beautiful big piece now with stretch marks it is becoming faded. I can see some stretch marks on the tattoo. Disgusting
  • I don't really regret anything from my teen years except getting my belly button pierced [I wasn't rebelling or anything, either. My mom went with me to get it done, lol]. I had it in for a whopping 2 months before it rejected and I just took it out completely.

Now, all stretched out, it looks like one big red scar with stretch marks radiating out of it. Like a big red, angry sun!

• I got a tattoo when I turned 18. It's a butterfly, on my stomach. It's not very big, until I'm pregnant. It currently looks like an eagle. It's all stretched and large, not pretty!

• I regret not enjoying naps and wanting to get a job so I could have my own money and do what I want...does that count?
  • My belly button ring hole! Oh my it's very strange b/c this is my 3rd pregnancy but for some odd reason, the ring hole is off and not center any more! It looks crazy! Definitely regretting that decision!
  • I was obsessed with the band stp. Hence the screen name. I mean they still are one of my fav bands but Scott Weiland has turned into a complete loser. He was kicked out of his own band. And the last show of theirs I went to was awful. I vowed to never spend money on one of their shows again. Well I have a nice little STP tattoo on my ankle. Sigh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKristin030:
    I definitely regret my belly button piercing. Got it when I was 18 to be a rebel and took it out when I was about 26. I don't have the infection you're having now ouch! but mine has stretched now with both pregnancies and it is not very cute. I hate it and wish I had never done it.

This. Except I was a stupid 23 year old when I got mind done. So lame.

I took it out last year to have surgery and never put it back in. I hate that I have the piercing holes there and I doubt they'll ever fully go away.

My naked pregnant belly isn't very cute to begin with [thank you linea negra] but the piercing holes definitely don't help!! Ugh.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• I got a tattoo on my arm for my 18th birthday despite my mother telling me that famous line "What you like now may not be what you like a few years from now" and boy was she right. I hate it now.
  • I started getting tattooed at 18 i have some on my stomach and hips. I dont regret my tattoos. I regret who i let tattoo me. My first tattoo a moon around my belly button was beautiful work and i still love.

The swallows on my hips i love them, but the artist was new and didnt know what he was doing. Let the old adage stand for my ds when he wants a tattoo.

Good tattoos arent cheap and cheap tattoos arent good.
  • I regret one of my tattoo artists... but not the tattoo he did technically. It just needs to be fixed, then my tongue ring wasn't horrible.

I basically regret dating every guy before Josh.  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    Ugh. I hear you on the belly button ring. It's been out for the better part of a decade and still got all *** and gross this pregnancy. Never did with DD The scar isn't terribly noticeable not pregnant, so I hope it returns to that state.nbsp;I also got a tramp stamp at 18... Wish I had thought through that more!

This is me exactly. I got my bb pierced at 18 and I actually hated it. The upkeep, the way it looked with the muffin top I gained in college...ugh.

And yep, proud owner of a tramp stamp here as well! Oh well. I think 95 percent of girls born in 1982 have one or both of these!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• imageLAMuehlen:
    I started getting tattooed at 18 i have some on my stomach and hips. I dont regret my tattoos. I regret who i let tattoo me. My first tattoo a moon around my belly button was beautiful work and i still love. The swallows on my hips i love them, but the artist was new and didnt know what he was doing. Let the old adage stand for my ds when he wants a tattoo. Good tattoos arent cheap and cheap tattoos arent good.

haha I know the feeling.  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • My belly ring has been out for about 6 years now. My DH always teases me about it because stretched out, it looks like I have 3 belly buttons!!
  • I don't regret any tats or piercings but I went to stay with a friend right after graduation and "help" with her newborn, thinkin back I was probably more stress than help... I feel bad about that

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"