Babies: 3 - 6 Months

baby constipation?

Our LO seems backed up and is refusing to eat.  It has been a couple of days now.  I feel so bad for her.  When I was at the store today I saw next to the gas drops a product called Baby Move by wellements for constipation.  Has anyone ever tried this?  It has prune juice in it and prebiotics.

Re: baby constipation?

• I haven't heard of it. We've had constipation issues for over a month now. I asked our pediatrician about this at her 4 month appt. She didn't seem too concerned-unless DD was uncomfortable, she could go 5-7 days without going poo. That seems long to me so I questioned and she suggested adding a 1/2 to 1 ounce of apple or prune juice to her bottle. We did this for several days to work but it has helped. The Little Tummies brand of gripe water also helped her get moving too. We've tried several brands and that one works best for that issue. I know some Moms suggest using a rectal thermometer to help but that has never worked us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    While it is normal to skip days like pp said, we had a few days where DS just couldn't go. What little he got out was so thick and even after he strained for a while. I did half an ounce of water, half an ounce of prune juice and the next day he had poopy diapers at every change and they were normal consistency. He didn't even drink the whole ounce mixture but it helped.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • I took his temp rectally.  Tons o poo in under 5 min.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • seekupseekup member
    Our GI recommends Goya Pear Nectar for constipation. 2 ounces a day if needed. My LO is 4 months old. I've given her Pear juice too but Dr said nectar has some fiber in it.
  • ::squints eyes suspiciously at screen name::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRobinSparkles214:
    ::squints eyes suspiciously at screen name::

This.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
     TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 . Rainbow Baby born at 37 weeks, all natural, after 10 weeks of bedrest. BFP #4 ST. PATTY'S DAY 2014. EDD 11/25/14 
  • i started to give LO prune stage one gerber food, she actually likes it, and it helped!

Pregnancy Ticker Live like today is your last, Love like you have never been hurt, and Dance like there is no one watching.
  • I was told to put 1 tsp. of dark karo syrup in the bottle with BM or formula. This HELPED, even though it took a couple hrs before he went and it was thicker than peanut butter! 
    image    image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"