August 2013 Moms

facebook when you go to L&D

mobile: facebook when you go to L&D

We will not be updating our status when we head to L&D. I have many friends that have..including one that got sent home for false labor. Besides that fear of not truly being in labor, its a time I want to cherish with family...not hundreds of fb friends. After we have LO and tell our families, we will make an announcement then.

What are you planning on? 

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: facebook when you go to L&D

• I don't want to, buy my fiance is all about the booking of faces. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same as you. No fb until little one is here and safe.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I have agreed that there will be radio silence until LO arrives, and asking family to respect that as well.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • We will also wait until we get home. Last time we posted something on FB when DS was born and we had a whole parade of unwanted visitors. It was amazing how many people that we had not seen in YEARS that showed up uninvited and unannounced to my hospital room.

• No way. I haven't even posted about pregnancy, so there is no way I would post about going into labor.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• we won't be announcing on Facebook at first, not because we don't want to share with everyone, but because my family has zero respect for our wishes of not wanting any visitors at the hospital. so we will send out a text to our closest friends to keep them in the loop, and then announce to family and the world when she's already here.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • imageKristin030:
    We will also wait until we get home. Last time we posted something on FB when DS was born and we had a whole parade of unwanted visitors. It was amazing how many people that we had not seen in YEARS that showed up uninvited and unannounced to my hospital room.

That sounds like a nightmare.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• We will not be status updating anyone via Facebook or any other way. Our immediate families and a few close friends will know when we go to the hospital, everyone else will be told when LO is here. 

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Like a lot of you have said, DH and I are not going to post on FB until LO is here and we are settled.

eta: We are also going to ask anyone who does know we are in the hospital (family and really close friends)  not to post anything to FB as that is our news to share and not theirs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Nothing from me until we're home. And family has agreed to hold off as well.
  • No facebook until LO is here and possibly even a couple of days after.  And anyone receiving phone/text updates will be heavily threatened about posting on Facebook.

• In the past, me make a "welcome baby" post a day or two after baby arrives. But that is all.

I do not really want people to know when I am in labor. I learned with my first that family just drives me and DH crazy; you constantly get texts, emails, and calls asking for updates. So the second time and this time we will tell our parents and his siblings. That is all until after baby girl arrives.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• We might text close friends and family when we are admitted, but probably won't put anything on FB until she is actually here.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• No, I don't plan on being on my phone while in labor at all. We have a list of people we want to make sure know that Hannah is on her way, but the rest of the world can find out once we are all settled.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • I didn't Friday when I was there and I don't plan on doing it when we go next time either.
    imageimageimageimage

• MIL posted the pregnancy within a day of us telling her (just shy of 5 weeks), we will call/text her when we are at the hospital and most likely she will post something again.  They are all out of state, so there is no risk of surprise visitors. I completely understand not wanting other people sharing your news, and I would prefer it that way, but if it happens I'm just gonna let it go.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• I will probably post after she is born and we are both given a clean bill of health. The people closest to me already know when my Csection is. I don't want a bunch of visitors because I will most likely be drugged out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Who would honestly want a play by play of labor? No thanks. 

I won't post anything until a day or two after and only family and close friends will know via text or email. Plus, I will make sure DH adds a no posting on FB rule until we do.  

*E - 08/29/2013*

• imagecoraggiosa:
    imageKristin030:
    We will also wait until we get home. Last time we posted something on FB when DS was born and we had a whole parade of unwanted visitors. It was amazing how many people that we had not seen in YEARS that showed up uninvited and unannounced to my hospital room.
    That sounds like a nightmare.

It was a nightmare mixed in with a whole lot of WTF. It was nice of people to care but I don't understand how hospitals became nightclubs and people just show up whenever.  The people that showed up were randos from college and HS that we had not seen, let alone talked to, in a long time and they acted like it was completely normal to show up.

• I have begun to hate Facebook now that I'm pregnant... I don't know how to prevent my family and my exes family from posting my sons pics up on fb. I hate to even think of it.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Meh, I don't care either way. I might have DH do a couple updates. Almost all of our family and friends are about 3 1/2 hrs or more away so I don't think there will be any surprise guest. Plus FB is the only way I keep in touch with most of them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I definitely want to keep it as private as possible. I would like as much bonding time with my little boys that I can get before the flood of visitors start, especially since I want to breastfeed and really want to focus my full attention on my babies. I know that we will have to make this extremely clear to our family, ESPECIALLY, my MIL who posts literally e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g on facebook. Everything. I don't want pictures of our babies posted either until I'm ready for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We won't be posting until baby is here, just in case. Also, no one is to announce the baby on fb or post a picture of her until we have done so.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Facebook will be hubbys deal the day after she arrives

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We haven't even announce that I'm pregnant on FB so I'm not planning on announcing when I go into the hospital. Once we tell all of our family and close friends we will make the announcement. With DD I changed my settings so no one could tag me in a post unless I approved it until I was ready to share. Im also having a csection but only a few people will know the date.
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    No Facebook until peanut arrives

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • imageJill9288:
    DH and I have agreed that there will be radio silence until LO arrives, and asking family to respect that as well.

This for us as well. Privacy is really important to me, plus I think I definitely have one or two people who would push their way into the hospital before I was ready to see anyone.   

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• imagecoraggiosa:
    No way. I haven't even posted about pregnancy, so there is no way I would post about going into labor.

This. I want to spend that time being truly present with my husband and concentrating on having my baby but, I don't get on Facebook much anyway.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• Same here, we will announce when the little guy is here and no pics by anyone until we announce it. I hope anyway... My mom is more than a little crazy right now and I think she's convinced our son is as much her child as he is ours.
  • I'll post on FB once DS is born and we have settled in together.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Facebook will be a far thought in our minds when the time comes. We will call our close family to let them know but until LO is here, our Facebook will not be a part of it.
  • Nope. When I'm in labor there will be no updates on FB or really any social media. I'm sure I will update here after but I think people who give play by plays of them in labor, on FB, are serious AW's.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've never even discussed my pregnancy on Facebook....or even much else in the past year or so. I'd like to delete it but I can't bring myself to do it

• I plan to keep labor updates AND baby off of social media for at least a couple of weeks. We will share pictures with friends and family through email, but I don't feel the need to share with FB, Instagram or with work announcements.
  • Just family until LO is out. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• imageKristin030:

Oh wow that's crazy. I would not want that! We didn't have FB when we had DS so I wasn't worried. We will not be posting either until we get home
  • My Dh will and I might make a few posts if I am up to it, but my friend is going to keep everyone updated. No one in my family is even close and my FB has only the people I want to know so I am not worried about it

• imagelyndz333:
    imagecoraggiosa:
    No way. I haven't even posted about pregnancy, so there is no way I would post about going into labor.
    This. I want to spend that time being truly present with my husband and concentrating on having my baby but, I don't get on Facebook much anyway.

All of this. Luckily my family has been really understanding about the social media free pregnancy and are respectful of me taking the lead on posting any info.

• imageShe'sGotAWay:
    Might update when I know that the Thundercats are go, but most likely we'll wait till he's here. Certainly no dilation updates etc. Ha.

Love the Juno reference. image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • No Facebook until LO has arrived and we're settled into the post partum suite.

We're sending out a group text to a certain set of people to let them know when we've been admitted and another text will go out once LO is here. But FB doesn't need to know that soon.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"