February 2013 Moms

Formula and crib transition

Hello. I'm struggling here with my soon to be 6 month old daughter! We are so attached to each other but my lack of sleep is catching up to me. She is still EBF and co-sleeping. I love her to death but I need my sanity and sleep back! She still wakes up to eat all night long! Sometimes it can be every hour!! I've been trying to put her in her crib at night but she is not having it. She wakes up and does these crazy twists and turns. I wanted to try and slowly transition her to formula so that I can give it to her in the evening and night. I was hoping to find a good organic formula. Any advice is greatly appreciated:)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Formula and crib transition

• Do you get more sleep if you co-sleep and nurse?  Why would you introduce formula?  If you're EBF, can you pump for bottles?  My girl is mostly bottle fed and I would MUCH prefer if she'd nurse!  It would make my life so much easier (I'm EPing).  Her behavior sounds pretty normal to me.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm confused as to why you want to introduce formula. I'm not anti formula by any means, but I don't think formula will help your sleep issues and it will probably hurt your supply. At this point, I would try sleep training to get her to sleep in her crib.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • BBS!BBS! member
    Your baby isn't waking bc she's hungry she's waking and needs the boob to help fall asleep. Sounds like sleep training is in order. Ferber has a good book and can help with this issue. Good luck.
  • imageBBS!:
    Your baby isn't waking bc she's hungry she's waking and needs the boob to help fall asleep. Sounds like sleep training is in order. Ferber has a good book and can help with this issue. Good luck.

This. You are her pacifier. I've been there (with DD#1). Sleep training is definitely appropriate at this point. You can try Motrin too, just to make sure she's not waking up because she's teething and just using you for comfort.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My baby is FF and from experience I can tell you that formula won't help your LO STTN. I agree that you might want to look into sleep training.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • imageRiverSong82:
    My baby is FF and from experience I can tell you that formula won't help your LO STTN. I agree that you might want to look into sleep training.

This. Both of my DDs have been FF and have slept horribly. We have also gone through phases where they've woken up every hour. Obviously I am not against FFing since I have done it / am doing it, but switching because you want them to sleep better isn't a reason that's based on any logic in my experience.

DD1, btw, didn't STTN even once until she was 13 months old, and she didn't STTN consistently until she was over 2 years old. And she was FF. 

I agree that you may want to look into Ferber, if for no other reason than to understand sleep cycles and to read the part on sleep association so you know what might be going on.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Thank you all for the responses! I guess I really need to look into sleep training because last night was even worse. At one point she got up at midnight to nurse then fell asleep at the boob within 5 minutes. So of course I went back to sleep. Then she woke again at 12:25 no joke!! I think she is using me as her "pacifier." I've got to get this under control.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"