February 2013 Moms

Is it normal?

During teething to have diarrhea? And when I say diarrhea, I mean completely liquid like 2x a day. LO has been doing this since Thursday. I haven't taken him in b/c he's eating normal, no fever, no fussiness, and I heard from a nurse friend that this is a sign of teething. What are you thoughts? Experience? 

Re: Is it normal?

• seekupseekup member
    I remember DS having loose stools, elevated temp, and slight rash during teething. Some people will tell you it's all unrelated, but in my experience it can happen and is normal.
  • DS isn't teething yet, but I've been told to watch for diarrhea, fever and rash when he starts.  I'd say it's all normal.

• Loading the player...
  • I read that this happens because of increased drooling. They end up swallowing lots more saliva than normal and you can see the difference in their diaper.
    I don't have any actual experience in this department yet, though.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • VespahVespah member
    Very normal. Only time DD every had diarrhea and diaper rash was when teeth were cutting through.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Thanks guys! Called the pedi this morning and she said that it wouldn't help at this point to bring him in since everything else is normal with him. Recommended some baby yogurt and said it was probably teething!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"