Baby Names

Priscilla

WDYT? Too old or could be cute? I'll also add to the that my maiden name is thisclose to the last name of a very famous Priscilla. I'm really getting on a Latin name kick. If you had to pick between Priscilla and Persephone, which would you choose? I ask because I'm trying to keep girl names on our list to one per letter.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
Me-31, H-27
**Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
**Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
 9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
 U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Priscilla

• I love Persephone, it's a GP name for me. Priscilla sounds like a Disney villan to me.
  • It's ok. It does have snooty associations.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Loading the player...
  • Earphones is an excellent alternate suggestion!

Haha! That should read "Seraphina" but the autocorrect made me laugh so I decided to keep it :

Priscilla does sound prissy, I agree.
  • I like Priscilla. It's unfortunate it has the "priss" sound in it, but it's a cute, girly name just the same.

I like the sound of Persephone, but I'd pick Priscilla over it. Persephone is kind of trying too hard, and the legend of Persephone isn't all that pleasant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not a fan of Priscilla.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I like Priscilla, but don't think I'd like the NN Prissy. I'll vote for Persephone.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageSam Buttons:
    I love Persephone, it's a GP name for me. Priscilla sounds like a Disney villan to me.
    BLAD reppin'

• Priscilla for sure...........love it!
  • I like both, but I would probably choose Priscilla, NN Cilla.

It's a family name for us, so we may use it, but we'd give it the MN spot.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Persephone. Definitely. I can't get away from the Priscilla Queen of the Desert idea. 
  • Priscilla but I'm biased because it's my name! I've never went by a nickname and only had one person try to shorten it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• I'm a lurker but I felt the need to chime in. We adopted a calico cat two years ago named Priscilla. I HATED IT and begged DH to agree to change it. All my friends told me to change it but eventually it just grew on us. Now I don't even think twice about it. I think the "priss" part in it makes people feel weird, or it reminds them of Ursula from the little mermaid. I like it way better than Persephone. That's just asking to be mispronounced by uninformed people, and doesn't seem to age well either. 
  • Love priscilla! HATE persephone.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's very frilly, but it's not bad. The last name might stop me, though. 

I'd pick Persephone. Thoughts on Penelope? 

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"