January 2014 Moms

Feeling like a champ...sort of : /

So I am on vacation in Utah and went into the mountains to camp.  Before vacation I would walk about a mile maybe 2 every other day.  Last three days I did a 5K walk one day, 6 mile bike ride the next, and crazy mountain hiking yesterday.  I feel like a champ, considering last pregnancy I was SOOOO out of shape. Really happy I lost weight and got healthier before getting pregnant this time.  I must say however, I AM SORE!!! Especially from the bike ride in my lower regions....Sheeesh! lol. Just proud of myself and checking in with my bumpies. Haven't been on all week and needed my fix. ; )

Re: Feeling like a champ...sort of : /

• Jealous! I did a 5K this morning and can't walk tonight.

• Good job!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I wish I had your drive to exercise.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I live in southern Utah and I can't bring myself to even THINK about even going outside!! Huge kudos to you for your extra drive and motivation. This heat is just killer! Hope you've enjoyed ::mobile smile::
  • I'm confused! I thought us preggos weren't allowed to run too much? ... I had been training for a half marathon when I got the BFP and have not attended any of the 5k's I signed up for or continued my training .... can I be running still?!!!
  • imageAmylou333:
    imagecarisue143:
    I'm confused! I thought us preggos weren't allowed to run too much? ... I had been training for a half marathon when I got the BFP and have not attended any of the 5k's I signed up for or continued my training .... can I be running still?!!!

I thought the same about cycling, my Dr told me to stop riding my bike as soon as I got pregnant!

the general "rule" is if you have been doing it prior to pregnancy and tour body is used to it...you can do it while pregnant. As long as no problems with the pregnancy and you stop if you feel bad. How weird docs said to atop altogether?!
  • I don't run, I am not a runner at all, lol. I just do brisk walking. But like PP said, if you did it before you got pregnant, it is fine in moderation while pregnant unless you have risk factors that make your doctor say no. I was fine biking, but it wasn't a very strenuous trail. The only thing is I am more sore than I would be before pregnancy.  A doctor that would tell you to stop your regular exercise routine cold turkey sounds a little strange to me, but I am of the belief that I am pregnant, not sick and I am going to do what I can as long as I don't feel overly exerted from it.  Your body will tell you when you have gone too far IMO. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"