Parenting
Options

don't know where to start

This is what happened to my basement this weekend. We had severe thunderstorms that knocked down trees, knocked out power, flooded streets, etc. This is our finished basement on Sat night. The sewer systems failed with all the rain, trees blocking the sewers etc. This is $hitty sewer water that was flowing in like a river from my basement toilet. The same happened to everyone on my street. Everything in my basement is destroyed. Furniture, toys, clothes, Christmas d?cor, etc. Thankfully we are all safe, and we have a company coming to professionally clean so we shouldn't have mold or anything but omg. OMG. That's all I can say. At the highest point, it reached 15 inches.

The water drained out as quick as it came in with our sump pump, so the water is gone, just everything down there is covered in this swampy poo water. Our hot water tank was also destroyed so we are putting a new one in today, so we're stinky over here. There's no point of this post other than to vent. Thanks for reading. Back to lug some more $hit to the curb. You guys should see my street. The curbs are lined with garbage. We never ever have flooding in our basements here. Everyone has finished basements, and everything that was in them is now out for the garbage. It's unbelievable. :-(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: don't know where to start

• Options
    Wow. I'm so sorry, but glad everyone is OK. What part of the country do you live in? We're in GA and have had some flooding, but nothing like what you've got to deal with.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    That is horrible. I'm glad everyone is ok but I'm sorry to see all of your stuff ruined.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh! Hope insurance covers that!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry. That's terrible to deal with.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    Oh f'uck. I am so so sorry. Man, what a pain.
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Our basement flooded last month, not to that extent, but I understand how frustrating it is. That truly sucks.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Glad y'all are safe but I am so sorry for all the damage and stuff you will have to deal with.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you guys!  It's sucks to lose all that stuff, especially your Christmas decor as I'm sure you had some sentimental stuff in there.  I hope the clean up goes quick and you get your basement back quickly.  Glad no one was hurt.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    How terrible! I am so sorry!

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    How awful! I'm sorry this happened to you guys :(
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Options
    Holy shiit, that sucks. I'm sorry :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I grew up in a house that flooded a lot. I remember how much stress it was on my parents, I hope the cleanup goes smoothly.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    I'm so sorry mama. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"