December 2012 Moms

Naps while out

DD pretty much put herself on a schedule of two naps a day at 9am for (1-2 hrs) and 2pm for (1-1.5hrs). She goes down easy and sleeps well in her crib which is great because I can actually get stuff done around the house and school work. However, now she won't sleep if we leave the house to do stuff. Normally, I try to stay at home for her naps but next weekend we are taking a trip to MD/DC and I don't know if it's possible to have her nap somewhere other than out. She will usually only sleep half an hour if really tired and the noise wakes her up. Do you guys have any tips for helping LO sleep while your out doing stuff? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Naps while out

• Sorry no tips but I know how you feel. It is impossible for us to get LO to nap while we are out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Usually our only hope is if she's moving. That said, we have figured out that if we put her in the stroller and go for a walk, she can generally fall asleep with almost any noise.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageSingleMom31:
    Usually our only hope is if she's moving. That said, we have figured out that if we put her in the stroller and go for a walk, she can generally fall asleep with almost any noise.

When we're out in her stroller  and shes normally out.  Or  if i'm holding her-- So maybe invest in a wrap or mei tai or some other sort of baby carrier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She won't sleep any place except her crib and her pack-n-play if she's way tired. She goes to bed fine in the pnp, but naps.... She will sleep in the car though.

imageimageimage
  • jac409jac409 member

imageSingleMom31:
    Usually our only hope is if she's moving. That said, we have figured out that if we put her in the stroller and go for a walk, she can generally fall asleep with almost any noise.

This is us too.  If I can put her in the stroller, that's about the only way she will nap when we're out. 

• Do you have a carrier? We went to Baltimore and Mili slept in the carrier at the aquarium and the ball game.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagepeanutrach1:
    imageSingleMom31:

Yep, same here.

This. DD will only sleep in a moving stroller or in her car seat when driving when we are not home.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the replies everyone. I do have a ringsling but dd is 20+ lbs so it isn't enjoyable to wear her anymore. I thought about investing in an ergo but dh tells me I'm nuts and shes too big. I think my best bet will be to keep in her moving in the stroller. I think when it stops is when she wakes up so hopefully I can do that. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • su2002su2002 member
    Also, use white noise. There are apps available as well as portable white noise machines.
  • imageJackiemxoxo:
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I do have a ringsling but dd is 20 lbs so it isn't enjoyable to wear her anymore. I thought about investing in an ergo but dh tells me I'm nuts and shes too big. I think my best bet will be to keep in her moving in the stroller. I think when it stops is when she wakes up so hopefully I can do that.nbsp;

I carry my LO around in a Boba carrier, and he's almost 20 lbs. If you can, try a carrier out and see how you like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"