March 2013 Moms

diaper bag contents

Excluding diapers, wipes, and spare clothes......

What item in your diaper bag gets used the most?

What item do you ever wonder why you carry it around with you?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: diaper bag contents

• imagePipSqueak0313:

I use my pack of tissues the most and I dont carry more than dipes, wipes, tissues, clothes and sometimes a bottle.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • imagePipSqueak0313:
    imagePipSqueak0313:

I use my pack of tissues the most and I dont carry more than dipes, wipes, tissues, clothes and sometimes a bottle.

I was going to ask what else there was to carry! Other than those things and a bottle, the only thing I have is a spare binky, which we've only needed once.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know why I carry spare binkies, LO never uses them. Other than the basics the diaper bag usually doubles as my purse, so the usual contents of my purse. If I'm going out just for a quick trip I usually don't even bring the diaper bag anymore
  • I use the spitty bib quite often. I always wonder why I carry DD's sunglasses with me, she HATES them and we hardly use them as she starts crying everytime. Sometimes I bring toys in there too, and a pacifier which she also hates. 
  • Foaming hand sanitizer. A study from a couple years ago by the University of Arizona found that as many as 98% of shopping carts have fecal material on them. There is NO WAY that I'm not cleaning my hands from that before I touch my baby.
  • Aden & Anais blanket, toys, both of our sunglasses
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • imagePipSqueak0313:

I stopped carrying a diaper bag once I realized that I wasn't using half the things in it. I usually carry a decent sized purse so now I just put things in there.... diapers, wipes, spare clothes, disposable changing pads, and bags to put dirty diapers in. I have a small bottle cooler that fits about 3 bottles that I'll bring along as well. I only use the diaper bag when we are going far from home or if we are going to be out for a long time in order to bring extra diapers, clothes, etc. I always see these women with diapers bags stuffed to the max and wonder what the heck they have in there. I used to bring toys and a pacifier but he could care less about toys right now and hates pacifiers so those are out now.

FYI, I also stash a few diapers and wipes in the glove compartment of my car in case of an emergency.
  • Toys!

My little guy needs constant stimulation or else he's unhappy. He's always grabbing things and putting them in his mouth.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine is always stocked with diapers, wipes, bags for dirty diapers, a changing pad, a change of clothes for LO, pacifier, hand sanitizer, nursing cover and nursing shields. I use all of these things all the time, except the change of clothes.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • I had a bunch of stuff haha. I have like two spare sets of clothes, first aid kit, extra bottle of gas drops/ Tylenol, a small roll of baggies for in case I have a particularly smelly diaper that I don't have anywhere to throw away, toys and some of my junk. I also always keep a small thin swaddle blanket and washcloths just in case. And paci's.

Can you tell I have a wonderfully spacious diaper bag?

Edit.. I didn't read the whole question I just listed the crap I carry around haha. Spare paci's and toys probably get used the most.

Thankfully I've only needed the first aid kit once or twice just to check her temp. So I don't use it much
  • I keep spare breast pads..

Lately the most used items had been spare outfits.. Damn blow outs!

We never use her sunglasses.
  • I always bring the diaper bag, (which is stocked with diapers, wipes, wetbag, extra clothes, blanket, changing pad, binkies, burp rag, toys, etc) but it usually just stays in the car.  I just throw a burp rag and binky in my purse if we are going in somewhere quick, if it's a longer stop I'll put a diaper and wipes in there too.  
  • Used the most - wipes!

I usually make sure to have a few diapers, a pack of wipes, at least one extra onesie, a pair of pants and socks in case we wind up somewhere with crazy AC, a hat for the sun, a bottle and a few RTF formula cartons, a thermometer (never know when you might need to check LOs temp), some lotion (mostly for me) and I have a pack of band-aids in there that have yet to be opened.  I'll throw a toy and a blanket in there too.  And my wallet, phone and keys if it's doubling as my purse.  Gosh that sounds like a lot now that I type it all . . .

• The spare binky and burp rag by FAR! She loves spitting out that binky.  Now that she figured out how to pick it up and put it back in her mouth (GOOD BABY!) though, we will probably just get her the little clip so it doesn't go flying on to the floor, ground, sand, pile of dog poop ... You know the story ;-)
  • I used to get so upset when Walmart would run out of wipes. I started bringing my own. Yes I'm gladly the woman holding up the basket line to disinfect my cart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"