Trouble TTC

Grow, follie, grow! **UPDATE!**

I figure since my post is quite a ways down, I'll just make a new post with the update! 

The Lone Ranger (what the hubs and I named my one and only follie) has grown from 12mm to 17mm in two days! Holy frick! I just about cried on the US bed. I am triggering tomorrow with Ovidrel. Any advice on giving myself a shot? I have watched KristyKay's videos a few times (and about died laughing, too. Love her!), but does anyone have any advice? I am triggering tomorrow morning. I have heard to take the inject out of the fridge about 20 minutes before administering it so its not too cold? Any other advice? I am still in disbelief that I actually responded to Femara. Even if this cycle doesn't work, I will still be happy because at least my body is finally responding to something. Thanks ladies!  

***************SIGGY WARNING***************
DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
TTC since May 2011
HSG normal
Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
Feb: Benched due to cysts.
March: Benched w/cysts.
April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
EDD: January 20, 2015
6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

Re: Grow, follie, grow! **UPDATE!**

• I was just lurking but have experience with this.  I give myself shots twice a week.  It's not the same med that you are giving yourself but I always warm them up in the syringe first.  It burns if its cold.  I then just stick it in the skin doesn't hurt to bad but I am using diabetic needles and they are really small.  Not sure what you are using.  

Good Luck! 

Fucking bump!!!!
  • I never bothered to leave my trigger shot out before hand.  I take about five minutes prep and it's out of the fridge for that time but that's it.  My RE's nurses told me to aim two inches to the side and then two inches down from my belly button.  I happen to have a freckle there so I always aim for right next to it.  

Grab a hunk of belly skin...think of throwing a dart - quick! and boom the needles in.  Take a breath and then slowing inject the med.  Wait a few seconds after you've fully pushed the plunger and take it out. It's such a thin needle that it's the build up that's a pain, the shot itself is easy.  You can do it no problem!

And way to go Lone Ranger for "High Ho Silvering" up to a nice size!  Good luck with the IUI!! 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • I take mine out of the fridge for a good hour, that's what my RE recommended. I used my stomach to inject because I have more fat there than my thigh. Ice the area, jab the needle quickly. It will hurt more if you insert it slowly. Don't stress! I worked myself up and had so many nerves the first time and it wasn't bad at all! Good luck! Fx for a BFP!
  • Yay! Way to go Lone Ranger!

I have done it both ways and prefer the shots cold, I think they hurt less than when warm.

good luck! 

imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • Make sure the spot you clean with the rubbing alcohol is dry or it burns (totally just did this to myself!). Also agree with pp, just do the inserting quicker and the actual injection slower. The needle is super thin and tiny. Good luck!
    BFP #2 2/3/14  | EDD 10/16/14
    First U/S 2/10 Possible TWINS!
      | Second U/S 2/24 TRIPLETS!!!

• congrats on being able to trigger. I was a big baby and my step dad gave me the shot because my Hubby was at Dialysis. The sad things is I am an Agriculture teacher and give shots to animals all the time but going it to myself wasnt gonna happen this time. I would say have someone around that you trust to help with the trigger shot just in case you can't. Happy triggering 
    Feb 2005- Diagnosed with PSOS
    June 2011 - Hubby started dialysis causing need for DS
    Jan 2013 - First visit to fertility clinic
    March 2013 - Diagnosed bicornuate uterus no surgery needed
    1st - IUI July 13, 2013- 150 Clomid and trigger, used DS - BFN
    2nd  IUI August 14, 2013 clomid and trigger and progresteron used  DS.- BFN

May 2014- New doctor 
    July 9 -ultra sound and ok to start 200 units of follistim
    July 19- Triggered 
    July 20 - First IUI with donor sperm - bfn
    July 21- Second iui with donor sperm - started two week wait - BFN

• imagekatib77:
    I never bothered to leave my trigger shot out before hand. nbsp;I take about five minutes prep and it's out of the fridge for that time but that's it. nbsp;My RE's nurses told me to aim two inches to the side and then two inches down from my belly button. nbsp;I happen to have a freckle there so I always aim for right next to it. nbsp;Grab a hunk of belly skin...think of throwing a dart quick! and boom the needles in. nbsp;Take a breath and then slowing inject the med. nbsp;Wait a few seconds after you've fully pushed the plunger and take it out. It's such a thin needle that it's the build up that's a pain, the shot itself is easy. nbsp;You can do it no problem!And way to go Lone Ranger for "High Ho Silvering" up to a nice size! nbsp;Good luck with the IUI!!nbsp;

All of this! I honestly never felt any of my trigger shots, I had DH do them. I'm sure you will do just fine!! GL!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy to hear your follie grew! Good luck on triggering. I've never made it that far so I really don't have any advice!

TTC since March 2012

DX PCOS, HSG Clear, SA Low Morphology

4/13 - 7/13: Clomid 50mg twice, Clomid 100mg once

8/13 - 11/13: New RE & Redoing all tests

12/13: Hopefully start Femera 2.5mg

• That's great!

How did the trigger go? I had DH do mine because I'm a total baby. I hate getting my blood drawn too but IF treatments have forced me to deal with that fear.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • No help with injects, but wanted to say that is great growth!!
    First comes Love Nov 11,  2003, Then Marriage: Aug. 23, 2006. Baby??? TTC since May 2010. Started seeking additional medical intervention (again) Summer 2013, finally appointment is booked!
    Formerly buttercupaug 06 - and I was almost silver :(
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME!
    Aug 16, 2013 - SA done - All good strong numbers
    Apr 3, 2014 - Consult with OBGYN to get my testing started.
    Mar 6, 2014 - Surprise BFP!!!! EDD Nov 9th. Consult with OBGYN changed to prenatal meet and greet!
    May 2, 2014 - NT scan perfect! Can't wait to find out what team we're on. 

June 11, 2014 - it's official, we're TEAM PINK!!!
    Welcome Piper Laine!! November 10, 2014
    imageimageimage

• imagebeautifuldreamer1234:
    That's great! How did the trigger go? I had DH do mine because I'm a total baby. I hate getting my blood drawn too but IF treatments have forced me to deal with that fear.

Surprisingly well! I didn't even feel it!  

***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• ky29ky29 member
    imagemrsrichey11:

imagebeautifuldreamer1234:
    That's great! How did the trigger go? I had DH do mine because I'm a total baby. I hate getting my blood drawn too but IF treatments have forced me to deal with that fear.

Surprisingly well! I didn't even feel it!  

Glad to hear about the follie & that the trigger went well!  Good luck!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"