TTC After a Loss
Options

Thoughts on my situation?? Some TMI included!

Hi Ladies,

I hate to randomly drop in like this but I need to talk to some ladies who understand and hopefully have some insight.  I was posting a couple of months ago but then my stupid office blocked The Bump website so I couldn't log on during the day which sucked and made it hard to check in.  I also needed to take a mental break from thinking about TTC because I was in a not so good place.

Anyway, sorry if this is long-winded so bear with me if you feel like reading!  Summary on me- I had a D&C for a MMC on 4/9 at about 11 weeks along (heartbeat stopped at 6w3d) and spotted for 2 weeks after the procedure... Nothing too crazy.  My first AF came about 4 weeks after that and lasted about a week.  It was pretty heavy but I expected it to be weird.  I was using OPKs to try and track my schedule once it stopped but never saw any sign of O that cycle. Then my 2nd AF came 3 weeks ago and was super heavy for about 8 days.  Then I literally spotted for 2 weeks after including some little dark brown clots ( sorry TMI).  It was basically 3 total weeks of combined AF with spotting at the end.  I probably should have called the Dr. but again, I know cycles can be super weird after a D&C so wanted to ride it out and didn't want to sound like a crazy neurotic person.

The spotting/clots stopped about 5 days ago and I actually got a positive on the OPK yesterday so DH and I decided to BD (we were told we could TTC after getting 2 AFs).  Everything went normal.  We did it again today, and then afterwards I had those little brown clots reappear with some discharge.  It's not red blood or anything...just some clear discharge with dark brown clots.  Wtf?!?  

I plan to call the Dr. On Monday now but for now, Im just worrying.  I understand that after a D&C it can take a while to get everything out of you, but why wouldn't there be any clotting during my first cycle and now there is?  I wouldn't have BD'd if I knew it would come back.   

Any thoughts?  For those of you who took the time to read this, thank you!  And again, sorry for dropping in.  

Re: Thoughts on my situation?? Some TMI included!

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss and your frustrations. I'm also sorry that I can't offer you any specific advice, other than to call your doctor. I had a lot of issues with spotting and clots for a couple of months after my second procedure. Our doctor became my best friend during that time. I think what's happening to you is probably normal, but I'm not an OBGYN, and I can't tell you if you're okay or not. When your body gets all wonky like that, it's very confusing and kinda scary sometimes.

I hope your doctor can give you some peace of mind. Please update after your visit. I'll be thinking of you.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    imageWifeofaComposer:

I'm sorry for your loss and your frustrations. I'm also sorry that I can't offer you any specific advice, other than to call your doctor. I had a lot of issues with spotting and clots for a couple of months after my second procedure. Our doctor became my best friend during that time. I think what's happening to you is probably normal, but I'm not an OBGYN, and I can't tell you if you're okay or not. When your body gets all wonky like that, it's very confusing and kinda scary sometimes.

I hope your doctor can give you some peace of mind. Please update after your visit. I'll be thinking of you.

Yes I hope your doctor can help. I had clots for a while after my D&E. Hopefully, there is nothing to worry about. 

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Exactly.  Clotting probably isn't the best word - Whispy material is more like it.  It sucks that every time I feel like I'm approaching normalcy, I take one step backwards but I'm sure 99% of you ladies know exactly what I mean,  I will definitely see what the doc says.

Thank you all from so very much for responding.  Even though you can't tell me exactly what's happening, it's comforting to hear from you.   I'm so happy to be back on here!  You guys are the best.

• Options

imageVeganlady:
    I never had a D&C, my MC was natural. But I did have some odd ... I don't know if clotting is the right word. It was like brown wispy material. Almost like film that was getting sloughed off. I think it was just my body taking a bit to clean out and reset. It turned out to be totally normal. You probably are too, but calling to hear it from a doctor can't hurt.

My experience was a lot like what Veganlady describes above. I know everyone's a bit different, though, so I hope your doctor can provide some reassurance. I'm sorry you're experiencing this -- it sucks to not know what your body is up to. Good luck.

edited typo 

• Options
    I'm sorry.  I am also getting little bits of blood here and there, and I just want to be done with it.  I had a natural miscarriage, so I bled for like 3 weeks.  Now to have more random spotting mid-cycle just makes me feel like I'm right back in there.  It sucks.  ((hugs))
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Could the clots be from your cervix? Maybe it healing after the d and c or maybe it was irritated during intercourse.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I had a lot ofc problems post d and c. I bleed for 5 wks posts and 1 wk prior.....boy was I sick of blood....af returned at 8 wk post was heavier and lasted 8 days 2nd af a little less heavier and lasted 6 days. I didn't have any problems with af.....I would def.get ahold of dr and I also think maybe it could just be from healing maybe stuff just stuck there ..good luck hope all goes well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"