Baby Showers

Three Showers, One hostess

I received this wonderful Facebook invite today:

Hello All!!! As you know A and I just found out we are pregnant!!! My mother and I are planning a few showers because our families are so excited!!! The first will be when I am around 12wks, our gender reveal party at 20wks, the 2nd at 24 and 3rd at 36. I know that some of you will be open to attending all 3, but this gives you a few options. We are registered at BuyBuyBaby, Target, and Babies R Us!!!

She's 5wks, and already has over 200items on each registry. I really want to be six different shades of snarky but another part is too busy side eyeing. Her event is well over 500people. This takes the AW cake for me.

Re: Three Showers, One hostess

• Bless her heart.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Wow.  I'm speechless otherwise.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • That girl sucks.
  • imagemsspeedymarie:

This. 

• imagemilkergirl1:
    Wow...just wow.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;
    As someone that has had losses, that is my first thought; she doesn't even know if she has a viable pregnancy yet.nbsp; I don't wish miscarriages on anyone and I hope she doesn't have to go through that.nbsp;

I've never experienced a loss but this was my first thought too. 5 weeks is really early to be telling people. Let alone planning baby showers!
  • WOW! And I thought my niece was bad when she announced her pregnancy at 5 weeks on fb (she's 20 years old). As someone who has experienced a MC, it was incredibly hard for me keep my mouth shut about going public so early. This chick is even worse.

It's bad enough to host one shower for yourself, but 3!? That's just crazy.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • "Open to attending all 3"??  WTF.  And I'm SURE she expects gifts from people each time.

I REALLY hope that most people say "WTF?" and don't go AND don't buy her anything.  She needs a reality check. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I really hope this baby sticks otherwise she is going to have a very-very hard with what is to come. 

I cannot imagine doing something like this!!!!  

Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Wow. The stuff I see on this board never ceases to amaze me. What an ?sshole.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Omg this Bh is crazy! Some people have balls ill tell ya. That's probably the rudest thing I have ever read!

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• I actually LOL'd. 

Please refer her to our page for great baby shower ideas. Please. :)  

• imageMzCurnett8886:

Hello All!!! As you know A and I just found out we are pregnant!!! My mother and I are planning a few showers because our families are so excited!!! The first will be when I am around 12wks, our gender reveal party at 20wks, the 2nd at 24 and 3rd at 36. I know that some of you will be open to attending all 3, but this gives you a few options. We are registered at BuyBuyBaby, Target, and Babies R Us!!!

She's 5wks, and already has over 200items on each registry. I really want to be six different shades of snarky but another part is too busy side eyeing. Her event is well over 500people. This takes the AW cake for me.

She is actually having 3 showers in addition to a Gender Reveal party she wants you to attend.... so that makes 4!! 

Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• jencnhjencnh member
    Never mind announcing all of this at only 5 weeks along, but her first shower is when she is 12 weeks! Seriously?!?! Sadly you are not out of the woods at all for a miscarriage at that point....she's rude, gift grabby, and a complete embarrassment to herself and her family...which, if they support this, are just as rude!
  • imageMMason12:
    imageMzCurnett8886:

She is actually having 3 showers in addition to a Gender Reveal party she wants you to attend.... so that makes 4!! 

It would not surprise me if later on she announces her Meet the Baby party as well. It's like every 6wks she expects us to drop everything and celebrate her ability to procreate.

• I blame the parents.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    And they're throwing the showers themselves??

imageDarbie914:
    I'm pretty sure I would be busy her entire pregnancy. nbsp;There's no way I'd take part in any of that selfcentered entitlement crap.

This. Lol

Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• I think she is just having the baby for the parties and presents. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017

imagecinderin:
      I think she is just having the baby for the parties and presents. 

Um.....isn't this why we all have babies? LOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!

Anniversary 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    1. Who the fuuuck does this chick think she is? Why on EARTH does she want a shower every trimester? I don't get that part at all.
      Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    2. imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:

imagemsspeedymarie:

This gif is SO full of win!!!!

This.

imageimage

3. imageEmpireceo:

imagecinderin:
        I think she is just having the baby for the parties and presents. 

Um.....isn't this why we all have babies? LOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!

LOL 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1. No, just no.
        Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

2. I don't see how a shower would be held at 12 weeks when you don't even know the sex yet. I hope for her sake that everything works out okay for her and her baby. That is awfully early planning!
      3. Okay did that really say 200 items on each registry? So 600 items holy moly. I can't think of 200 things period I will need. Is she counting diapers one by one?
      4. What, no Conception Party?

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
      5. Wow. Talk about tempting fate..........
        I would defriend her, seriously would you go to her 3 wedding showers or 3 birthday parties? Just because its a baby shower and we are all in that "mommy/understanding" place now doesn't forgive what seems to me to be greed and attention seeking.
        Can't imagine how many parties there will be for arrival, first birthday etc.......
      6. Don't worry PP I am sure she is having 4 1st birthday parties too.. One at 3 months, a half birthday party at 6 months, 9 months, 12 months and 12 months and one week in case you couldn't attend any of the others.
      This discussion has been closed.
      Choose Another Board
      Search Boards
      "
      "