1st Trimester

Pregnant or Delusional?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if my symptoms are even worth testing for...

My husband and I had unprotected sex 4 weeks ago, the day before AF, and 1 week later in I was having sharp pains on my left lower abdomen for about a day and a half, a week later I got extremely drunk violently ill after 1 drink, and since then my stomach has been extremely sensitive, I had very frequent hot flashes for about 4 days, my appetite has decreased, and just the past couple of days my breasts have felt larger I've been very irritable, which could be AF related. Just today I feel what could be described as pressure on my lower abdomen and I am feeling more tired than usual but I don't know if it's just in my head. It's still early and I've taken 3 tests which were all BFN, but I'm really hoping I eventually get a BFP, I just want to make sure I'm not being delusional by thinking I'm pregnant!

Do the symptoms in that timeline seem legitimate? Or am I just maybe being too optimistic?

Thanks so much!

Kelley

Re: Pregnant or Delusional?

• The timing doesn't seem quite right, not "textbook". Because you typically wouldnt ovulate the day before your period. I would wait until you've missed your period before testing again. Be patient. :-)
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • the timing isn't right.  have you had unprotected sex since your last AF?
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Loading the player...
  • If it was truly a period you can't be pregnant because the lining of your uterus would have been shed and unable to sustain a pregnancy.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Timeline doesn't seem right. The chances of getting pregnant the day before AF are very low. Have you had unprotected sex since? Ovulation usually occurs about two weeks after the first day of AF. Also, when are you expecting your period? With most tests at the drug store, you can get a bfp 5 days before your missed period, with pretty good accuracy.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• I agree that the timing doesn't sound right...but if you're worried, why not just take a pregnancy test?   I mean, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have a crystal ball that lets me see into your uterus :-)   I know of people who have had babies conceived under weirder circumstances, so anything's possible.  If you're wondering, then just take a test, then you'll know for sure. 

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its always worth testing. If anything, it clears your mind of worry. :)

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• imagewedding06:
    I agree that the timin isn't right. But also some of the symptoms you are describing don't sound like early pg symptoms. Abdominal pressure isn't something you feel early on and I have never heard of increased sensitivity to alcohol.

I agree with all of this.

re: timing...assuming you have a standard 14 day cycle, then you ovulate around day 13-14. Sperm can live for a maximum of 6 days. If you had sex the day before you had your period (which is day 1), then the sperm would have died by day 5, long before you ovulated on day 13-14.  So I would say that unless you had unprotected sex again, about 1-1.5 weeks after the time you told us, then no, I don't think you could be pregnant.  Again, all of this is assuming certain things about your cycle.

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Can I answer with Delusional?

Delusional for 2000 Alex.

Also, I'm just waiting for the butthurt freakout. It seems to be in the water lately.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Hey guys, got my bfp today!! 4 days late for my period, the last time we had sex was the day before my last period, crazier things have happened I suppose! :x
  • Oh and to anyone else who reads this post, the doc told me low alcohol tolerance is uncommon but it's an absolute sign, and as for abdominal pressure, also very common because your ligaments are stretching, so if anyone on here tells you that they aren't symptoms, they are!
  • Jkdelaney said:
    Hey guys, got my bfp today!! 4 days late for my period, the last time we had sex was the day before my last period, crazier things have happened I suppose! :x
    Congratulations to you and your family!!!  :-)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi, I'm feeling a bit delusional myself. =( We got married May 4th of this year.  In the entire 13 years that I have had a menstrual cycle, I have never had any bleeding between periods whatsoever or had any other abnormalities besides being a day or 2 early or late here and there, maybe 3 or 4 times my whole life. Extremely consistent! I've been on birth control since April. Every month on birth control, my period has been 2-4 days late. The first 2 months on the birth control left me feeling sick every single day, even vomiting on a rare occasion. Now June and July I haven't had the nausea issue with the BC so I assume my body has acclimated to the pill.

This month however, I've had some abnormalities for the first time. I started my last menstrual cycle June 28, and was expecting my period to begin July 25 (yesterday) if it began on time instead of late. July 2, 4, 5, and 8 my husband and I did the deed. On July 13th, I began to have some weird spotting, very light and brownish colored. That lasted for 3 days. 6 of the last 13 days I have taken a nap, which I never do, because I have been so exhausted. I have had a ton of headaches, been peeing almost every hour or hour and a half, sometimes even more often...as in I can't even sleep through the night. I've been having weird dreams about being pregnant or going into labor. My mood swings would give somebody whiplash (and I'm one of those happy-go-lucky types that never is in a bad mood and always smiles). As cliche as it is, I hate pickles but I have been craving them...and strawberry Twizzlers with plain M&Ms...a LOT. My husband has commented that my boobs look bigger on several occasions now, and they're REALLY tender and sometimes just plain hurt without anyone or anything touching them. I'm bloated up like a blimp. Every morning for almost a week now, I have been experiencing some nausea and lightheadedness that starts at 9:00AM, give or take about 15 minutes, every single day. The nausea comes whether I eat or not, whether I took birth control the night before or not (since the first couple days of this were the last few days of my birth control pack), whether I take vitamins or not that morning, no matter what time I start my day (I've had to be at work at 6AM twice this week and the nausea still didn't hit until 9), or any other extenuating factor. I even have this odd stretching kind of feeling inside...it's not painful, it's not a cramp...it feels like stretching a muscle. And aside from all of that, I just flat out FEEL pregnant! Seriously enough that I've started taking prenatal vitamins daily and cutting down my caffeine intake just in case.

Now, the 23rd, 2 days before I expected Aunt Flo, I started that weird spotting again, same thing--very light and a brownish color to it. That stopped today. There was never a "real" period. Just the light, brown spotting.

I have taken 3 of those cheap pregnancy tests, the cassettes where you pee in a cup then put drops on it to test. They were all negative. One the day before the missed period, one the day of, and one this morning, all using the first morning urine.

Should I keep spending money on tests? Or buy a better one lol? If I'm not pregnant, something is seriously jacked up with my body! We're not trying for a baby and weren't planning on trying for at least a year or two, but if we're having a baby, we want to know! 

Anybody have some advice? I know that's a lot of info, probably more than anyone wanted. I'm just freaking out a little wondering what's wrong with me. =(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"