June 2012 Moms

Re: UO/FFFC

• I think customer service has turned into kissing butt. I dont think it should be on me when someone is throwing a hissy fit about something either in my control or not. Im never ignorant to anyone who is providing me a service if they are doing anything better than reasonable. Stuff happens, and that's ok. Ill survive if my experience wasnt just glowing.  

• Dbl post that won't delete
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband and I funded a trip to Estes Park, CO for my mom, niece, nephew, and ourselves over the 4th. My niece and nephew acted like ungrateful disrespectful brats the entire time. My mom, who up until this past year, has played mom to them. My sister is a drug addict and was stripped of her parental rights. The kids live with their dad, and my mom is acting like this is some sort of travesty. Anyways, my husband and I decided that this was the last trip we're bringing them on. They have no discipline nor respect. Honestly, I really can't stand to be around them, and while AJ is too young to be really influenced by them, it is a concern of mine as she gets older. I suppose the flame worthy part is that I don't like them much. They're only 9 and 5. I have to keep reminding myself of this. It's also not their fault they have crappy parents. I suppose I feel equally bad for them, and I am sorry that I couldn't be a bigger positive influence on them.
  • imagethatoneredhead:
    I think customer service has turned into kissing butt. I dont think it should be on me when someone is throwing a hissy fit about something either in my control or not. Im never ignorant to anyone who is providing me a service if they are doing anything better than reasonable. Stuff happens, and that's ok. Ill survive if my experience wasnt just glowing.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

The only way I'll ever work customer service again is if it's my only means to feed my child. People are nasty. They can act worse than the most unruly of children. Too often the saying that the customer is always right has been taken advantage of.
  • imageSamiantha101:
    imagethatoneredhead:
    I think customer service has turned into kissing butt. I dont think it should be on me when someone is throwing a hissy fit about something either in my control or not. Im never ignorant to anyone who is providing me a service if they are doing anything better than reasonable. Stuff happens, and that's ok. Ill survive if my experience wasnt just glowing.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

The only way I'll ever work customer service again is if it's my only means to feed my child. People are nasty. They can act worse than the most unruly of children. Too often the saying that the customer is always right has been taken advantage of.

I worked in CS for a long time and the customer IS always right. It's the workers job to make the customer happy no matter how nasty they are. I had many people who were just plain fing rude but I put on my happy face and took care of the problem. Doing this got me raises and praise from my co workers.

It's GREAT customer service that makes me loyal to a company. Everyone has bad days but when you're getting paid to provide a service you DO IT.
  • I think there's a big difference between kissing butt and providing customer service. After I wrote this, I went to a bakery to take something to our department party. I was mid sentence when cute girl enters that guy working obviously knows and likes. He handed me my bag without saying a word and began talking to her.

If I complained, I would expect the manager to say something to him and make sure he knows that I thought that was really crappy. Does the manager need to grovel? Nope. Offer me gift cards? No. Did I freak out on the kid? No. I acted like a civilized person and just walked out. 

The thing is, I care and Im doing my best to fix it. I get if someone isnt listening, but when Im in the midst of doing what I can, I fully expect the customer to hold up their end of the deal here. All humanity is not lost because you pay for a service.

• imagethatoneredhead:
    The thing is, I care and Im doing my best to fix it. I get if someone isnt listening, but when Im in the midst of doing what I can, I fully expect the customer to hold up their end of the deal here. All humanity is not lost because you pay for a service.

Your last line pretty much sums up my feelings. After having worked in CS for years and multiple experiences of being cursed at and even having things thrown at me, I think it's appalling how customers often times treat CS reps.

And no, the customer is not always right. Sometimes they are blatantly wrong. And if the CS rep is merely following store policy, the customer shouldn't act like an animal. The worker is human even if they are on the other side of the counter.

Oh and this doesn't mean I don't ever make complaints. I just do it without losing my mind in the process. It can be done.

ETA fixed spelling
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OK, getting back to confessions:

I gave DS benadryl the other night because he complained that he was coughing.  I never heard him cough, but DD and I were both sick and I just didn't want to deal with arguing with DS.  He went to sleep without a peep after the benadryl!

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • imageemberlee3:

OK, getting back to confessions:

I gave DS benadryl the other night because he complained that he was coughing.  I never heard him cough, but DD and I were both sick and I just didn't want to deal with arguing with DS.  He went to sleep without a peep after the benadryl!

LOL :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I painted my 2.5yo DS's toenails blue.  He freaking loves it.  I was painting mine and he begged me to do his.  I didn't do DD's yet but as soon as she's old enough to ask and sit still I will.  

image   image

• imageGismo123:
    imageSamiantha101:
    imagethatoneredhead:

I worked in CS for a long time and the customer IS always right. It's the workers job to make the customer happy no matter how nasty they are. I had many people who were just plain fing rude but I put on my happy face and took care of the problem. Doing this got me raises and praise from my co workers.

It's GREAT customer service that makes me loyal to a company. Everyone has bad days but when you're getting paid to provide a service you DO IT.

I don't share your perogative. The customer is not simply right because they paid for a service. If that were actually the case, no business would be left standing. Selfish, lying, demanding, etc customers would bankrupt them.
  • imageEMOmamma:
    I painted my 2.5yo DS's toenails blue. nbsp;He freaking loves it. nbsp;I was painting mine and he begged me to do his. nbsp;I didn't do DD's yet but as soon as she's old enough to ask and sit still I will. nbsp;

That's cute! : ]
  • Oh I thought of an UO!

I don't think Robin Thicke is hot. I can only see his dad when I look at him and it's weird!
  • My UO..

i don't get the popularity of TOMS shoes. It reminds me of an updated version of Keds.

My FFFC...

I had been obsessed with redoing my whole wardrobe because I'm sick of wearing jeans after baby, and I felt my dresses needed to be updated to a little longer. I spent over $2000 on my wardrobe in the past week. My DH has no idea but. It's all good. 

• imageJessieCupcake:
    Oh I thought of an UO! I don't think Robin Thicke is hot. I can only see his dad when I look at him and it's weird!

i agree...he looks exactly like Dr. Seaver. 

• imagedrbethc:

My UO..

i don't get the popularity of TOMS shoes. It reminds me of an updated version of Keds.

My FFFC...

I had been obsessed with redoing my whole wardrobe because I'm sick of wearing jeans after baby, and I felt my dresses needed to be updated to a little longer. I spent over $2000 on my wardrobe in the past week. My DH has no idea but. It's all good. 

Im so jealous! 

And I imagine Robin Thicke hitting on you would be alot like watching a Johnny Bravo episode, but I would still totally hit that.

Along those lines- I've always like arrogant men. I am really good at stroking egos, and I dont really know what to do if they dont have one. 

• At DHs cousins they have two brat daughters. DS kept trying to play in their dog's water bowl. We have dogs and he knows its a no no. I know how she feels about certain parenting techniques. I told him no twice and redirected him. The third time DH got up and I know he was going to smack his hand. His cousin said he'd better not abuse our child and she scooped him up and said "we don't touch the doggies water." I could hear her in the bedroom reading to DS. They'd been in there ten minutes when I hear her ask DS where he's going. He comes running out and before I can just put the dang thing on the counter he runs right to it and picks it up dumping a good half gallon every where. DH smacked his hand refilled it and DS never touched it again.

UO: Redirection works sometimes, time out on moms lap works sometimes and sometimes a smack on the hand is necessary.
  • imageDawnLilly:
    At DHs cousins they have two brat daughters. DS kept trying to play in their dog's water bowl. We have dogs and he knows its a no no. I know how she feels about certain parenting techniques. I told him no twice and redirected him. The third time DH got up and I know he was going to smack his hand. His cousin said he'd better not abuse our child and she scooped him up and said "we don't touch the doggies water." I could hear her in the bedroom reading to DS. They'd been in there ten minutes when I hear her ask DS where he's going. He comes running out and before I can just put the dang thing on the counter he runs right to it and picks it up dumping a good half gallon every where. DH smacked his hand refilled it and DS never touched it again. UO: Redirection works sometimes, time out on moms lap works sometimes and sometimes a smack on the hand is necessary.

I agree with your UO! I think it was kind of you to respect your DH's cousins' feelings to a point, but I would have a very hard time spending any time around them again after referring to your method of discipline as "abuse."  I hope that she was not serious!

• imageSamiantha101:
    imageGismo123:
    imageSamiantha101:
    imagethatoneredhead:

I don't share your perogative. The customer is not simply right because they paid for a service. If that were actually the case, no business would be left standing. Selfish, lying, demanding, etc customers would bankrupt them.

I think you need to re read what I said because your response to what I said is incorrect. I stated the worker is getting paid to provide a service and even if the customer is wrong they need to be polite and handle the situation professionally. If you can't handle customers complaining then you shouldn't be working in CS. Some people are just plain rude and you might as well hurry up and make them happy than sit and argue about why you're right and they are wrong.

A business won't stay in business long if they aren't into making their customers happy since they are paying for the products not the worker.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"