April 2013 Moms

Halloween!

Anybody who celebrates know what they're doing for their LO's costume?
Now that we're adding helmets to the mix, I'd love to incorporate them into the costume. Any ideas?!
I'm pretty crafty so making it IS an option!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Halloween!

• For some reason, the first thing that comes to mind are those little mushrooms from Mario brothers. I am imagining some sort of white sleep sack and red spots on their helmets. Or along the same line, but a little more feminine, what about flowers with green sleep sacks and petals on their helmets?

My daughter's costume will depend on what my three year old son wants to be. Last week he told me he wanted to wear a mustache and a hat, so who knows?
  • You just asked the million dollar question. Halloween is my most favorite holiday and the husband and I have already begun planning our costume(s) for this year.

We're going to be the Three Caballeros from the Disney film. DD as Donald Duck, DH as Jose Carioca, and me as Panchito. Not sure how literal we will take it since they are giant birds, but sombreros are a must!

As for incorporating helmets, my first thought was a hockey player, but the PP's idea of little Goombas from Mario could be adorable! 

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but twins AND helmets...so many possibilities! I'll think about it and post more ideas later, lol. Do you and your husband also want to dress up and match with them? 

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • elbouelbou member

Hockey Players!

Or any other sport that requires a helmet, really...

Not the most feminine option, but super cute nonetheless :D

ETA: I have no clue what our kids will be though, haha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Roller girls? Smurfs? Buzz lightyears? Some sort of super heroes who wear helmets? Or they could be salt and pepper shakers and you could put circles on the tops of the helmets for the shaking holes. Even dinosaurs.. you could put spikes on their helmets. Or you could always throw a wig of some sort over them but that's not very creative.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elbouelbou member

imageLhyacinth888:
    Roller girls? Smurfs? Buzz lightyears? Some sort of super heroes who wear helmets? Or they could be salt and pepper shakers and you could put circles on the tops of the helmets for the shaking holes. Even dinosaurs.. you could put spikes on their helmets. Or you could always throw a wig of some sort over them but that's not very creative.

Awwww! I love this idea! So cute :D

• I'm not crafty but I'll throw in a few suggestions :) Biker chicks? Perhaps you could also dress them up as strawberries and cover their helmets in green for the tops. I love the idea of salt & pepper shakers!
  • The first thing that popped in my head was little sumo wrestlers lol

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• I don't know yet, but I am loving a skeleton, dragon, and lion outfits right now. 

For your options, I love the idea of salt and pepper costumes. 

• MIL gave us a blue and white dress that SIL wore as a baby. It looks just like Dorothy's dress from The Wizard of Oz, so we're getting her red socks and calling it a day!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • imageClandestineX:
    I don't know yet, but I am loving a skeleton, dragon, and lion outfits right now.nbsp;For your options, I love the idea of salt and pepper costumes.nbsp;

Totally loving the sp shaker idea! Also, the sumo wrestlers sound so funny!

ETA: thanks for all the great replies!
  • I just ordered a Harry Potter cloth diaper cover, so to justify its cost, I think it will be his Halloween costume! DH wanted him to be Yoda. I know we sound like major geeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I know this is probably super over-done for twins, but what about thing 1 and thing 2 from Dr. Seuss? You can stick the blue hair to the helmet and all you would need are the shirts. 
  • For Ava's first Halloween I made her costume (shown here with MIL)

So now I feel like I need to make Mila's first costume, too. I think I might just make a new dalmation onesie with Mila's name as the tag, then reuse the tutu and tights. Then Ava can be a firefighter :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ahaha, mushrooms from mario would be awesome! 

I'm doing either yoda or a banana for T. SO has a gorilla outfit and wants to wear it and carry him.  

There are some really hilarious ideas on pinterest.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAMJ6511:
    I know this is probably super overdone for twins, but what about thing 1 and thing 2 from Dr. Seuss? You can stick the blue hair to the helmet and all you would need are the shirts.nbsp;

We did thing 1, thing 2 pics at their 3m session so I feel like itd be kinda BTDT.
  • They could also go as Minnie Mouse! Just add ears! ;]

We are already thinking of ideas too! Right now my favorite is the twins dressing as ninjas and Jones dressed as an apple or banana and the three of them going as Fruit Ninja! They are leaning towards going as a football player, a cheerleader, and dressing the baby as a football.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll wait until DS (age 3) decides what he wants to do. If i can work it i want something that covers both of them. But most likely he will be a superhero. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"