January 2013 Moms

Anyone not doing Ferber?

Ferber isn't right for our family, but in looking to hear how others have used no cry sleep solution or others successfully.

Thanks!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Anyone not doing Ferber?

• imageDCKate:
    Ferber isn't right for our family, but in looking to hear how others have used no cry sleep solution or others successfully.

Thanks!

We aren't sleep training at all, at least for now. DD just transitioned to spending part time in a side crib, part time in bed with us. It's working for now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We aren't doing the Ferber method yet. DS sleeps in bed with us at night and in his crib for naps. He's a good sleeper so I'm not worried at this point about sleep training.

• Loading the player...
  • We're not sleep training at all. I know it must work for a lot of people but I'm of the mindset that she'll get there on her own.

• image82Sonia:
    We're not sleep training at all. I know it must work for a lot of people but I'm of the mindset that she'll get there on her own.

I agree with this.

• We don't sleep train.  
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • DCKateDCKate member
    Thanks, glad to know we aren't the only ones!! DD sleeps really well in her crib, with only one or two quick wakeups in the middle of the night. Eventually I hope she drops one or both, hence my question about other methods that don't involve CIO.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Kie310Kie310 member

I put him down awake, he goes to sleep on his own, but if/when he gets up in the middle of the night I go to him & don't leave until he is sleeping. I don't need him waking my oldest up and honestly - whatever works for your family is the way to go. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2u2wow2u2wow member

nope - CIO isn't right for us. 

we have been very lucky with sleep with our kids though...both sleep through the night and have since 3 months.

DS2 doesn't nap though.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are trying Ferber right now but I hate it and would rather not. Day 1 was ok. Day 2 was terrible, terrible, terrible (and I thought each day was supposed to be easier). The thing is that I have NO problem feeding her at night and getting up a few times. What is hard is that she won't settle in her crib and only wants to be next to me in bed while on the boob, which doesn't work when she goes down at 7-8pm and I do after 11pm. Usually I wait until she is sleeping and slip out, but then she wakes 30-60 min later and wants to start all over. So I somehow need to get her in the crib, but the crying feels terrible : (
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Maybe I'm in the minority but LO just kind of did it. I was really sick so I put him down in his crib and he slept there all night. He would wake up once but I fed him and put him back down and he'd fall asleep. Now he sleeps through the night and takes his naps there. I think it also helped to have him nap in a pack n play to get used to the idea.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope Ferber isn't allowed in our house, DS has made his own sleep schedule and it is amazing! I don't have to rock him to sleep hardly ever, I can lay him down drowsy and usually he'll go right to sleep, but if he doesn't we get him back up, and it works for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagest.augbride:
    We are trying Ferber right now but I hate it and would rather not. Day 1 was ok. Day 2 was terrible, terrible, terrible and I thought each day was supposed to be easier. The thing is that I have NO problem feeding her at night and getting up a few times. What is hard is that she won't settle in her crib and only wants to be next to me in bed while on the boob, which doesn't work when she goes down at 78pm and I do after 11pm. Usually I wait until she is sleeping and slip out, but then she wakes 3060 min later and wants to start all over. So I somehow need to get her in the crib, but the crying feels terrible :

I'm having similar problems. My LO started sleeping 5 hours straight at 3 weeks and by 6 weeks she was sleeping 6 to 8 hours. Now all of a sudden, at almost 6 months, she insists on sleeping beside me and nursing on and off all night. I love the snuggles and I don't mind her nursing, but it makes for restless sleep for me because I'm nervous about her being in the bed all night. And I have to get up and go to work so I really need better quality sleep. I'm not sure what changed all of a sudden and I'm not keen on CIO so until DH and I come up with a game plan it's just been snuggling and nursing all night.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know what Ferber is, haha. We're not doing anything. He's a great sleeper, I think.. he wakes up 1-2x per night, depending on the timing I feed him or don't, and he goes back to sleep immediately. I know we're lucky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"