February 2013 Moms

Re: Awesome

• I saw that story and I thought it was sort of strange.  I totally understand the embarrassment of breast feeding in public and it does make you feel good when someone gives you a smile like "do what you gotta do honey" but I still don't get it.  What difference does it make to the waitress how this woman feeds her kid?  I understand that BF is "what's best for baby" but I wouldn't consider it an act of public service.  I have noticed on the bump that some of the FF moms are suuuuper sensitive about the whole BF thing and this story sort of makes me understand why.  The implication here is that breastfeeding is linked to being a good person to the point of warranting a free pizza.  Don't  mean to throw shade on the waitress who was trying to be nice but it just strikes me as weird.       
  • oh I guess I hadn't thought of that.  I did nurse one time in banana republic and someone came up to me and offered me a dressing room.  It made me feel like there was something wrong with BFing in public.  I totally agree that it is way to stigmatized.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecarriesu2003:
    I saw that story and I thought it was sort of strange.  I totally understand the embarrassment of breast feeding in public and it does make you feel good when someone gives you a smile like "do what you gotta do honey" but I still don't get it.  What difference does it make to the waitress how this woman feeds her kid?  I understand that BF is "what's best for baby" but I wouldn't consider it an act of public service.  I have noticed on the bump that some of the FF moms are suuuuper sensitive about the whole BF thing and this story sort of makes me understand why.  The implication here is that breastfeeding is linked to being a good person to the point of warranting a free pizza.  Don't  mean to throw shade on the waitress who was trying to be nice but it just strikes me as weird.       

I think the kudos towards the mother was less about breastfeeding and more about being brave enough to nurse in public.

• Not to mention that BFing moms need 500 extra calories. ;
  • imageDC2London:
    I really want to read the article, but I'm too buys obsessing over the idea of crab rangoon pizza.  How divine does that sound?

This. Exactly this. I keep wondering what it tastes like... 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"