May 2013 Moms

Sunscreen question

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered. I'll probably call the pediatrician on Monday, but in the meantime, what sunscreens do you guys recommend? LO is closing in on three months and I've started taking him for morning or afternoon walks in the jogging stroller when it's not too hot. I keep most of the sun blocked out with the shade that's on it, but I don't want him to get burned. I got some babyganics sunscreen in a gift basket. Is that ok to use at this age? Also, we are going to visit my parents in August and my mom has a saltwater pool. Do you think it would be ok to take him for a little dip in the evening when the sun is setting? I have a little swim shirt and short set and a hat and of course if put sunscreen on him. I don't mean like let him float around on a float or anything, just like sit on the step with him in my lap or something. He is already holding his head up really well and he loves the water, I think he'd probably enjoy it. Tia! Sorry so long!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sunscreen question

• Dr said only reason they don't recommend sunblock is because there isn't enough research and people assume that if they are wearing it that they can be out in the sun for long periods. She said its fine as long as its zinc based and gets a bath as soon as we are done with sun time. We use nutregena baby.

For pool time I think you'll be fine especially sine it's a salt water system.
  • imageMrsM1111:
    Dr said only reason they don't recommend sunblock is because there isn't enough research and people assume that if they are wearing it that they can be out in the sun for long periods. She said its fine as long as its zinc based and gets a bath as soon as we are done with sun time. We use nutregena baby. For pool time I think you'll be fine especially sine it's a salt water system.

This. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've used original sprout little sprout. nbsp;It's completely natural and zinc oxide based and doesn't contain nano particles of nastiness that can be absorbed into the skin allegedly. nbsp;I always make sure DD is in the shade but I still put a bit of this on her face for added protection if we will be out and about. nbsp;

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  We use neutrogena pure &free
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • SRS has Vanicream 35 or look for titanium oxide, zinc oxide similar to desitin and not too high number too many chemicals over 15, test one spot on arm 24 hrs prior to applying any where.
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    imagekelly422:

imageMrsM1111:
    Dr said only reason they don't recommend sunblock is because there isn't enough research and people assume that if they are wearing it that they can be out in the sun for long periods. She said its fine as long as its zinc based and gets a bath as soon as we are done with sun time. We use nutregena baby. For pool time I think you'll be fine especially sine it's a salt water system.

This. 

My pedi said the same thing. We use California Baby.  

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    We use Coppertone babies
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"