Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Convertible car seat

When do you make the switch from infant to convertible 

Re: Convertible car seat

• At 7 months we left the infant stationary in DHs car and put her in a rear facing convertible in mine.

Once we buy big sis another seat for DHs car she will get that convertible too.
  • We made the switch at 7mo because DD hated her infant seat.  She would've easily fit in the infant seat until close to 15mo (she's tiny, 10th%) but the constant screaming made us switch.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • alakealake member

Lurking, waiting on our connection flight from JFK back to Canada.

DD3 turned 11 months today.  She is still in her bucket seat.   We are going to be in Canada until her first birthday.  I will switch her when we get back home to Miami.  I have bought a new van, as we have five kids 7 and under all in harnessed car seats and my 8 passenger van was to tight.  We ordered a 12 passenger.  We are switching now five month niece at the same time, she will be six months at the time.  I have custody of her.  DD3 is going into a RXT and Niece is going into a cocoro.

• DS 8 months once he could sit up really well. DD 4 months because she would scream bloody murder in the infant seat. We still keep the bucket in the trunk and use it sometimes when she falls asleep in public.

• laura1laura1 member
    DS was about 9 months - was sick of carrying around the bucket.  DD was 13 months - carrying around the bucket was easier than trying to corral 2u2, keep them safe on the walk out to the car, and then get them both in the car easily.  DD#2 is still in the bucket seat.  She still fits in there, so I am not moving her yet - probably closer to a year...
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"