Baby Showers
Options

What drink for a baby shower?

I am hosting a shower for my friend and several of her other family friends.  There are 5 of us I think in all - and it will be a small shower.  Anyway, what drink should I make/take for this?  I want mine to be non-alcoholic because I'm not a big drinker and the MTB won't either.  I found some recipes on pinterest for summer drinks with fruit, etc. and vodka is an option. Should I just make that and take the vodka in case someone wants to add that in?  Her aunt is the one coordinating since there are so many of us so she just said do whatever you want.  That helps!  Ha, anyway, any recipes or suggestions?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What drink for a baby shower?

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    You could have a bottle of vodka as an option. I'm not a big drinker so I wouldn't be the type to mix the vodka into the drink. You could also create your own signature drink and maybe use a clear soda or ginger beer to spice it up.
  • Options
    I would do something simple for drinks, and if you'd like an alcoholic option, I'd go with something like mimosas (OJ & champagne) or fuzzy navels (OJ & vodka). Again, very simple drinks, but then you don't have a bottle of vodka just sitting on the table. Ha! Maybe that's just me. :) Of course, I don't think anyone is expecting alcohol at a baby shower, so you shouldn't feel pressured to do so.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageELauren88:
    I would do something simple for drinks, and if you'd like an alcoholic option, I'd go with something like mimosas OJ amp; champagne or fuzzy navels OJ amp; vodka. Again, very simple drinks, but then you don't have a bottle of vodka just sitting on the table. Ha! Maybe that's just me. : Of course, I don't think anyone is expecting alcohol at a baby shower, so you shouldn't feel pressured to do so.

OJ and vodka = screwdriver

OJ and peach schnapps = fuzzy navel

To answer OP's question: I would offer mimosas. I really don't think you need hard liquor at a shower, especially a tiny one.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Personally, I've never been to a baby shower that served alcohol.  It could be considered rude to serve something that the guest of honor cannot eat/drink.
  • Options

imageSunshineMuffin:
    imageELauren88:
    I would do something simple for drinks, and if you'd like an alcoholic option, I'd go with something like mimosas OJ amp; champagne or fuzzy navels OJ amp; vodka. Again, very simple drinks, but then you don't have a bottle of vodka just sitting on the table. Ha! Maybe that's just me. : Of course, I don't think anyone is expecting alcohol at a baby shower, so you shouldn't feel pressured to do so.
    OJ and vodka = screwdriver OJ and peach schnapps = fuzzy navel To answer OP's question: I would offer mimosas. I really don't think you need hard liquor at a shower, especially a tiny one.

Oops! Thank you for correcting me! ;) 

• Options
    This is a group of ladies that will certainly drink and if alcohol isn't served, it would be weird to be honest.  I'm not a drinker so I don't care but they were doing shots at her bridal shower.  I'm not saying it's right/wrong, I just know they would side-eye no alcohol more than a bottle of vodka on the table.  They are having it this persons house because of the outdoor area with the full kitchen, wine bar, cocktail area.  On the list of what to bring I saw crossed off a margarita machine.  Seriously.  They even offered everyone to stay the night for those that drink so many of the guests and at least two hosts will do that.  
  • Options

They are having mimosas and something with frozen strawberry slush stuff and that is alcoholic.  I think I might do the fruit kabobs frozen and people can pour champagne over that if they want to but if not they can just do sprite or sparkling water.  Thanks for the suggestions!

P.S.  Thanks for the help.  I wish I was doing this shower alone.  My BF is a great person, but the other hosts are more focused on who is bringing what alcohol (hence the above mentioned margarita machine).  So I'm trying to make sure it's about her and she has a good time.  That's why I'm doing some of the games, etc.  I got her favorite book for people to sign instead of a sign in sheet.  That way she has something special to read, remember for those late night feedings.  In fact, I need to make sure people sign it before they start drinking!  Who knows what they might write after the fact! 

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    I like the Mimosas idea, two ingredients, simple, festive.
    You can get sparkling grape or apple juice it actually comes it lots of different flavors if you know where to look to have something bubbly for the nonalcohol drinkers.
    A really simple punch is white grape juice and ginger ale, equal parts. The MTB might appreciate the ginger if she is having any heartburn or nausea.
  • Options
    mimosas? regular and alcohol free?
  • Options

imagemysticl:
    Personally, I've never been to a baby shower that served alcohol.  It could be considered rude to serve something that the guest of honor cannot eat/drink.

I'm in this camp as well. The other guests sound...interesting...?

For bridal showers I like to do bellinis: champagne, peach schnapps, and peach juice.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also like sangria in the summer. It's wine based instead of hard alcohol, which personally I prefer since I'm not a huge drinker.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options

imageSingleMom31:
    I also like sangria in the summer. It's wine based instead of hard alcohol, which personally I prefer since I'm not a huge drinker.

this is the route im going!  thanks 

• Options
    We had mimosas, beer and wine available for our guests.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"