Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sippy Cups?

My Daughter has been using sippy cups since she was about 3 months old, we started off using the nuk cup with the rubber spout and then we moved to the gerber nuk cup with the removable valve and it still has the soft spout, and we both love this cup. My question is this, I am having trouble finding more of these cups and I am wondering if I should move to another cup, I want one that has the removable valve, and I am wondering if you moms have any ideas? I have seen cups that have hard sprouts and the removable valve but I am not sure if my daughter would use that cup yet, what do you think I should do?

Thank you for any help you can give! 

Married: June 9, 2011 
TTC Baby #1: January 2012
Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
TTC Baby #2: June 2013
Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
TTC Baby #3: October 2013
Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
"Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Sippy Cups?

• We use Playtex little grippers with a straw.  It has two handles and M loves it because she doesn't have to lean back to use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLBStewart:
    We use Playtex little grippers with a straw.  It has two handles and M loves it because she doesn't have to lean back to use it.

Was it hard for your little one to start using the straw? 

Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageNeary2011:

imageLBStewart:
    We use Playtex little grippers with a straw.  It has two handles and M loves it because she doesn't have to lean back to use it.

I'm wondering the same thing.  My DD is younger (6.5) months but I have her using a similar cup as your LO (she just started a few weeks ago though).  I like straw cups a lot more and know they are supposed to be better for them, so I tried those to start with and she didn't understand how to get anything out.  When DS was her age I had him on the spout kind for awhile and then it took him for-ev-er to understand the straws.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageJandACoffee:

We have been using the straw cups for several weeks now and she just turned 7 months on Thursday. DD has been EBF-ed and would never take a bottle or a regular sippy but she LOVES these (like gets really excited as soon as she sees it) and will drink water or BM (either cold or warm in it). She took to it pretty quick and didn't really seem to have to "learn" how. It was more natural for her I think than trying to learn to tip her head back to drink out of a bottle or sippy. We have these ones and really like them - definitely have never had leaks. We got a couple really cheap at a consignment sale and bought replacement straw parts for them at Buy Buy Baby:

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Click-Count-Straw-ounce/dp/B006Y3S838/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374340949&sr=8-2&keywords=munchkin+straw+cups

What about cleaning it, is it hard to keep it clean?  

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageAimeeL85:
    imageNeary2011:

imageLBStewart:

I'm wondering the same thing.  My DD is younger (6.5) months but I have her using a similar cup as your LO (she just started a few weeks ago though).  I like straw cups a lot more and know they are supposed to be better for them, so I tried those to start with and she didn't understand how to get anything out.  When DS was her age I had him on the spout kind for awhile and then it took him for-ev-er to understand the straws.

DD uses the straw great (we use playtex little grippers) and we started at 6 months. She had difficulty with it the first two times but you can squeeze the cup and the liquid will come out the straw. I think once you do that a couple of times, LO gets the point. I got two on clearance at target the other day so keep an eye out at yours to see if they have any. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD caught onto the ones with straws very fast. I think the first time I gave it to her she figured it out. I like that she doesn't have to tip the cup and a cup and straw is easy to get if you're out.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • imageJackiemxoxo:
    imageAimeeL85:
    imageNeary2011:

imageLBStewart:

DD uses the straw great (we use playtex little grippers) and we started at 6 months. She had difficulty with it the first two times but you can squeeze the cup and the liquid will come out the straw. I think once you do that a couple of times, LO gets the point. I got two on clearance at target the other day so keep an eye out at yours to see if they have any. 

Oooh we actually have this cup, it's the first cup I bought her hoping to get her to start straw cups right away.  She didn't "get it" but I had no idea about that part that you squeeze. I just went and tried it and sure enough...that will be helpful! Thanks!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • We have a Munchkin Click Straw Cup. He never used a sippy very well. But learned how to use a straw right away.

• imageNeary2011:

imageLBStewart:

DD can drink from a straw and DS always preferred the straw cups to the spouts. He got really good at them and we had no trouble weaning him from bottles. We just run them through the dishwasher in the straw holder part of the dishwasher basket.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"